WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some info

3 posters

Go down

I need some info Empty I need some info

Post by loosenut41983 Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:26 pm

i am getting ready to buy new calipers for my car and paint them. i can get them anodized, but im not sure if its possible since it has the seals, or if there was any way around to not dissasemble it completely. or would it be better too just get them powder coated?? if so does anyone know where i could get them done and for how much? any info would be much appreciated!! thanks!
loosenut41983
loosenut41983
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Number of posts : 174
Humor : a ford contour being pulled over by 7 pedal bike cops..... priceless!!!
My Name: : Scott
My Ride/Rides: : 00' Blue Ford Mustang V6
Mods: : magnaflow dual exhaust, steeda tri-ax short throw shifter, smoked headlights, infinity speakers, blue instrument gauges, smoked fog lights, mach 1 chin spoiler, bbk 65mm throttle body, bbk cold air induction, bbk shorty headers, shelby razor 17x9 wheels with bridgestone potenza re-01r, 7.5 posi-lok diff with 4.10 gears, aluminum girdle diff cover, bama custom tuner, sequential turn signals, mach 1 grille delete kit

Back to top Go down

I need some info Empty Re: I need some info

Post by BraMas Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Powder Coating also requires you to disassemble the calipers because you have to bake them.
The easiest way to get it done is to by the Duplicolor Caliper paint. They have the brush on and spray on. I like the brush on because of no over spray.
If you want them powder coated let me know because I do Powder Coating in my garage. But it requires you to buy a caliper rebuild kit because of the disassembly
Tim
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by loosenut41983 Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:49 pm

yeah i figured on that. im buying rear calipers, and dont really feel like messing with the twist servo pistons, since theyre not that fun to assemble.
loosenut41983
loosenut41983
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Mods: : magnaflow dual exhaust, steeda tri-ax short throw shifter, smoked headlights, infinity speakers, blue instrument gauges, smoked fog lights, mach 1 chin spoiler, bbk 65mm throttle body, bbk cold air induction, bbk shorty headers, shelby razor 17x9 wheels with bridgestone potenza re-01r, 7.5 posi-lok diff with 4.10 gears, aluminum girdle diff cover, bama custom tuner, sequential turn signals, mach 1 grille delete kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Sun May 03, 2009 6:55 pm

that and tim keeps saying he is "checking into how to rebuild them and if he can powder coat them" but he's been telling me this for almost a year LOL

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 am

I told you I figured out how to get all the parts to rebuild them whip
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by loosenut41983 Fri May 08, 2009 9:26 am

yeah... i think im gonna go the easy route and paint them myself. that way if i dont like it i can always redo it
loosenut41983
loosenut41983
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down