WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need some info

+7
sicazzpony
BraMas
dago
Shady
scstanger
Wolvee
D
11 posters

Go down

need some info Empty need some info

Post by D Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:59 pm

ok i have a 02 gt with fllowmaster 40s. im thinking about taking the cats off but i dont know how load it will make it. and dont know if it will help opening it up.

so what do u all think. and what would be the pros and cons about doing this..
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

need some info Empty Re: need some info

Post by Wolvee Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:15 pm

stock motor, Flowmaster 40's & O/R H pipe
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by D Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:01 pm

she sounds good.
so if i was to take the cats off would it open her up much. Would it help gane alittle bit of power. would it hurt the eng at anyway.

See im new to the hole mustang thing. ive only had her for 2 years now. before i got the mustang i did not know anything about it. i know somthings just not alot.
so any info would help me out alot..
Thanks..
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:16 pm

I did the same thing boss. O/R H, flowmaster 40's and now I'm dealing with the whole school bus exhaust smell (see thread "Exhaust Fumes"). Make sure you can get a tune done shortly after removing the cats. Also if you have emissions testing in your state then you will not pass without the cats. It definitely sounds better though!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:19 pm

I never got a tune after my first O/R H install and never had that issue. I'm willing to bet you have a combination of bad rings and dirty injectors.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:54 pm

When you get rid of the Cat's it does typically run a little rich but thats about it.... I bought my car with the O/R H pipe 3 years ago and its never been tuned and the only problem i have ran into is the rich smell. You don't really smell it while driving just if i'm parked on the side of the street talking to someone they have to smell it LOL.

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by dago Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:27 pm

take the cats Off you have to worry about tickets because its loud. But if you are like my guys you will take the risk.I have x pipes and left the cats on .I dont want tickets .The law here dont like the loud pipes. but mine still sounds good.
dago
dago

Female Number of posts : 852
My Name: : GLENDA
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 GT YELLOW SHE IS CALLED BLACK WIDOW SHE HAS A TUNNER A COLD AIR INTAKE CATBACK X PIPES RUNS A 13.5 IN THE QUARTER two tone katskin leater with a blackwidow on the head rest yellow carbin dash kit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:39 pm

dago wrote:Off you have to worry about tickets because its load. But if you are like the my guys you will take the risk.I have x pipes and left the cats on .I dont want tickets .The law here dont like pipes.It still sound good.

Huh?
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by D Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Well let me ask u guys this.
What is a O/R H pipe anyways?
woint with the car smelling or running rich make the rings go bad. i dont want to hurt the eng by doing this.
I know i dont want to make it way loud. all i have done with it is added a coldair and put the flowmaster 40s on. i want a deap sound and some pickup
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:54 pm

An off road midpipe is a H,X, or Prochamber that has no Cats. There intended purpose is for cars that will not be driven on public roads. But the people that make them no that they will be used on roads.
And I would be very very surprised if there was ever an engine that blew because of a mid-pipe being added
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:16 pm

hmmm....
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by sicazzpony Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:17 pm

look take the cats out and build you some $5 mil eliminators stick a o/r pipe perferrably a prochamber(best sounding) or any other x/h pipe and be done with it you cant go wrong youll love it it will start to sound like a american muscle car rather a beefy volvo if you need help building the mil eliminators gimmie a shout ill help ya there easy look bro i got an 02 vert with a prochamber and 40s no cats and everytime i pull up to a meet or show i got 20 people surronding me asking about the exhaust before i even get parked its sick unless you love the sound of a sissyfied car do it ..and no it aint gonna hurt your car at all without the mil eliminators your car will have a check engine light and run rich because the cats are gone but with the mils elims in it will turn the light off and make the car run properly like i said you can build mils for like $5 and ill help you just need to reuse the old o2 sensors lemme know ..........!!

sicazzpony
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 106
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Vert
Mods: : Not enough!!......but the whistle sound is serious!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by sicazzpony Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:24 pm

scstanger wrote:I did the same thing boss. O/R H, flowmaster 40's and now I'm dealing with the whole school bus exhaust smell (see thread "Exhaust Fumes"). Make sure you can get a tune done shortly after removing the cats. Also if you have emissions testing in your state then you will not pass without the cats. It definitely sounds better though!
did you put mil elims in or are you still running with the check engine light on?

sicazzpony
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 106
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Vert
Mods: : Not enough!!......but the whistle sound is serious!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by D Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:39 pm

i think im going to just keep what i got now.
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:55 pm

"Ya gotta pay ta play, playa" lol

It's always the tedious & small stuff that add up when building these cars. Last winter, I had a budget of $8k and by the time all the small stuff and "Oh Sh*t" things were done, I had almost $9,500. It sounds like you're more of a looks guy anyway; If I were you, I'd just collect random parts as you can find them used or great deals, then after you have a tb/plen, H or X pipe & mufflers spend $100 for a mail order tune and install them all at once.

That way you get the most out of the parts and you can account for all the small crap that's going to affect your tune. Those parts should net you about 250rw with a good tune.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:52 pm

Sxynerd wrote:"Ya gotta pay ta play, playa" lol

It's always the tedious & small stuff that add up when building these cars. Last winter, I had a budget of $8k and by the time all the small stuff and "Oh Sh*t" things were done, I had almost $9,500. It sounds like you're more of a looks guy anyway; If I were you, I'd just collect random parts as you can find them used or great deals, then after you have a tb/plen, H or X pipe & mufflers spend $100 for a mail order tune and install them all at once.

That way you get the most out of the parts and you can account for all the small crap that's going to affect your tune. Those parts should net you about 250rw with a good tune.

anyone who knows me can attest to this!!! im in the same boat here planed on spending "x" and ended up with "XX" funny how that happens! i dont regret any of it but it sure was a long road.
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:57 am

Clarksville has Marta testing, right? If they do, they will check for Cats when you have the car inspected and if you don't have them, you fail! lol

Otherwise, do an O/R H pipe. It will open up the exhaust and won't have the crackle-pop of an X-pipe, especially with Flowmasters.
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 431
My Name: : Evan
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Mustang GT,
2003 Mercury Mountaineer,
2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*
Mods: : I've got a few..

Back to top Go down

Post by D Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:17 am

Sxynerd wrote:"Ya gotta pay ta play, playa" lol

hm i just might.. thanks.. i keep that in mind when i start getting into the eng.. i have a feeling it is comming up soon..
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by D Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:19 am

WNRacing wrote:Clarksville has Marta testing, right? If they do, they will check for Cats when you have the car inspected and if you don't have them, you fail! lol

Otherwise, do an O/R H pipe. It will open up the exhaust and won't have the crackle-pop of an X-pipe, especially with Flowmasters.
i dont think cville has one of them. i know nashville does.. but who knows it might be headding this way...

See i want mind deap. i just dont want it load as a strate pype. it was just to load and plus cops were looking at me alot..
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:51 am

IMO here is the ultimate combo for sound and keeping your ride street legal...

Magnaflow High Flow Tru-X w/ high flow cats
Magnaflow Magnapack system

http://rpmoutlet.com/musv105.htm

This setup is just right on ears and on the CARB settings.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by MuscleStang Sat May 01, 2010 4:45 am

I just put an off road H on my 03, LOVE it! Sounds like a beast and the acceleration seems a lot more smooth. Has the classic muscle sound, not to loud, but deffinately turns heads... I paid $40 for mils. No bad smells, a slight gassy smell at an idle, but nothing bad. I have a plug in tunner, but that was already installed before I did the pipe,,,,
MuscleStang
MuscleStang
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 206
Humor : yes
My Name: : Glenn
My Ride/Rides: : .

My son's ride--
'03 Mustang GT convertible,
{Dark Shadow Grey Metallic}
My ride--