WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing at Clarksville Speedway

3 posters

Go down

Racing at Clarksville Speedway Empty Racing at Clarksville Speedway

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:48 pm

How often do they prep their track? Do they just prep it for the Friday night Bracket Racing and that's it or what? With my mods and tune in my 05 GT I know I'm putting down close to 300rwhp and around 320rwtq. I've seen quite a few 05+ GT's with the just intake and tune run mid 8's in the 1/8 mile on stock tires and I have a couple more mods and I'm running Nittos. Granted their not DR's, they should still hook better than the stock tires do. I think my fastest time is like 8.9x at 81-82mph, and from what I've seen, guys who hook and trap 81-82mph have ran 8.4-8.6 at our track.

Back to top Go down

Racing at Clarksville Speedway Empty Re: Racing at Clarksville Speedway

Post by Krutch21 Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:01 pm

William usually preps right before bracket racing and that's it. the Main reason is VHT is expensive and it doesn't require a long time to set-up. also if he prepped in advance he stands a chance of it washing away with a rainstorm and that goes back to it being really expensive.

With your set-up and street tires, you could probably pull a good 8.8, but your running right where you should be with streets on. Also, when you spin off the line you make up your time on the top end and be hitting the traps faster. If you had DR's and you hooked, you may get a better E.T., but your trap time may be about 1-3 mph slower than before.

Using me as an example from a while ago, when i spin at the line on street tires, i may pull an 8.5 at 94 mph, but when i hook on dr's, i 'll pull an 8.0 but be going around 89.

an 8.9 is still really good for your GT will the mods you have, your running right up there with the GTO's that actually have about 35 more RWHP than you do. And that's all driver there.

Last edited by Krutch21 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Horrible grammar)
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Krutch21 wrote:William usually preps right before bracket racing and that's it. the Main reason is VHT is expensive and it doesn't require a long time to set-up. also if he prepped in advance he stands a chance of it washing away with a rainstorm and that goes back to it being really expensive.

With your set-up and street tires, you could probably pull a good 8.8, but your running right where you should be with streets on. Also, when you spin off the line you make up your time on the top end and be hitting the traps faster. If you had DR's and you hooked, you may get a better E.T., but your trap time may be about 1-3 mph slower than before.

Using me as an example from a while ago, when i spin at the line on street tires, i may pull an 8.5 at 94 mph, but when i hook on dr's, i 'll pull an 8.0 but be going around 89.

an 8.9 is still really good for your GT will the mods you have, your running right up there with the GTO's that actually have about 35 more RWHP than you do. And that's all driver there.

That's really weird because I've seen 2v GT's with 50 less hp and even less torque run 8.6-8.7. And like I said, I've seen guys with just intake and tune on their 3v run in the 8.5-8.7 range on the stock tires. I know I can run better, I just always end up at the track when it's not prepped. Thanks for the advice and I'll try my best next to not spin and just ease out of the hole. You guys know if it's gonna be prepped on Saturday?

Last edited by 1BAD3V on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:31 pm

I know for a fact it will be cuz we're gonna be ther at 7a.m. prepping it lol. As far as launches, it's really about finding your car's sweet spot at what rpm's will get your best launch. and you also gotta look at you 60ft time, more TQ will get you better times because you pulling harder and getting into your powerband faster. I'm out there almost every weekiend, and if i'm not i usually post it. so if you want, the next time you come out i'll work with you and get your time down to the best we can get them.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:34 pm

Krutch21 wrote:I know for a fact it will be cuz we're gonna be ther at 7a.m. prepping it lol. As far as launches, it's really about finding your car's sweet spot at what rpm's will get your best launch. and you also gotta look at you 60ft time, more TQ will get you better times because you pulling harder and getting into your powerband faster. I'm out there almost every weekiend, and if i'm not i usually post it. so if you want, the next time you come out i'll work with you and get your time down to the best we can get them.

That's good it will be prepped, hopefully I can get out there with my car. I usually launch around 2000rpms, but still spin like a mofo, LOL. And the thing that sucks is I've never seen the track here give out a slip, so I dont even know where my 60' is. Thanks for the offer and all the help man. The Wife and I are planning on getting a 2.1L Kenne Bell soon, so hopefully then I'll get into the mid 8 range, LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:36 pm

midnight madness doen't do slips, but test and tune on wednesdays does. that's the time to go out if you want to fine-tune your runs. costs the same and there's less people so you don't have a wait,
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Krutch21 wrote:midnight madness doen't do slips, but test and tune on wednesdays does. that's the time to go out if you want to fine-tune your runs. costs the same and there's less people so you don't have a wait,

What time do they have test and tune on Wednesdays? I work 12hr shifts and this week I'm working Monday thru Thursday, so wont be able to make it this Wednesday, but I will sometime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:39 pm

Wednesdays is 5p.m. till dark usually, or until everyone is done and they may close earlier.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Krutch21 wrote:Wednesdays is 5p.m. till dark usually, or until everyone is done and they may close earlier.

Kinda like they did last Sunday, my Wife and I showed up right before 8, and it was supposed to go on til 10, so we basically paid $15 for her and the Mustang, and $15 for me and Cobalt for like 45 minutes of racing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:25 pm

1BAD3V wrote:
Krutch21 wrote:Wednesdays is 5p.m. till dark usually, or until everyone is done and they may close earlier.

Kinda like they did last Sunday, my Wife and I showed up right before 8, and it was supposed to go on til 10, so we basically paid $15 for her and the Mustang, and $15 for me and Cobalt for like 45 minutes of racing.

Well I know that there where alot of unhappy people last firday night because he opened the midnight madness so late. People paid and then sat around waiting to race for several hours. There was a few people who paid but could not wait for the track to open and they did not get there money back to me that is crazy to pay and then told after they have your money that it will be a few hours till they can race so then when you deside it too long of a wait you dont evan get your money back. not cool of Clarksville speedway!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Well you also have to look at it like this. The $15 is the entry fee to the track and it's also under the assumption that you may actually race your car whether you do or not. The people that come just to watch have to pay for their car just like the racers do.

Yes it does suck that they had to wait but the scheduled events at the track will always take precedence or midnight madness or any other open track event. Especially when it's the Tuckasee Bowl and thats the tracks biggest dirt track event of the year other than the finals.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by ljwhite174 Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:30 pm

will

i know how you may feel i am on falken street tires and i run 8.8 with the GT i have, and all i have is a cold air and a 78mm throttle body upper plenium, i am going to try a few different things this weekend to see if i can improve that but we will see with the track being prep and some tire pressure adjustments i will see what i can do i also am putting my underdrive pulleys on this week but with out a tune they wont due much, :*kaboom*:
ljwhite174
ljwhite174
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 501
Humor : I wonder if that honda burns white or fried rice???
My Name: : larry
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 white GT vert
Mods: : none yet

https://www.facebook.com/wildhorses.clarksvilletnchapter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:03 pm

ljwhite174 wrote:will

i know how you may feel i am on falken street tires and i run 8.8 with the GT i have, and all i have is a cold air and a 78mm throttle body upper plenium, i am going to try a few different things this weekend to see if i can improve that but we will see with the track being prep and some tire pressure adjustments i will see what i can do i also am putting my underdrive pulleys on this week but with out a tune they wont due much, :*kaboom*:

Like I already said, I cant believe the car had an 8.8 in it with just a couple bolt ons. If that's the case than I know my 05 GT with its mods should easily be capable of an 8.5 or so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Can someone post up the rules and times when king of the street will take place?

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Sure can!!
Gates open at 9:00 qual runs start at 11:00

The classes for K/S have changed a little. Your class will be determined by you qualifying run times. Cars will be grouped together in "classes" based on their E.T.'s with a split of no more than .4 sec.

These classes will then run heads up racing on a Bracket tree. Buy backs are allowed only after the first round.

Ex: You do your 2 runs and the tower records your times, those times are averaged and you are grouped with othercars running the same average as you. so if your in like a stock GTO and you run a 8.8 and a 8.7, then you will put in "group 1"that is cars running between 8.7 and 9.0.

Al the K/S groups will be determined this way and size of the groups will be determined by turnout of participants. we're lookin at about 12-16 per group due to time.

Bike classes will be broken down and run the same way as the K/S.

Outlaw: the Outlaw class is straight up bracket racing. i.e. you do your practice runs determine you dial in and run that time. there will only be one class for outlaw. Same buyback rules apply as K/S,only after the first round.

Breakout criteria for K/S: this is to keep people from sand-bagging their qual runs to get in a slower class. Once you have been places in a specif time group, that is your target time. If you break out (go faster than) your target time by more than .5 sec, you will be disqualified. this will be determined by the coordinator on the ground (Me) or the tower (Eddie). Ex: if your in the 8.7 to 9.0 group, and you run a 8.6, that's not too big a deal, there's too many factors that could make you get a little faster like weather, hook, and so on. but if you run a 8.2 all of a sudden, then your done. Of course I will brief all of this before we start the actuall racing during the driver meeting.

T.J.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 pm

every track is different. altitude, prep, concrete mix, age, slope.

a fast bolt on mach1 runs 8.2.

a decent 05+gt runs 8.5 - 8.6. most 8.9.

auto 05+ gt's run 9.2.

it isnt prep. its the track. but its .1-.2 faster than union hill.

just like dynos. they are all different and give different numbers.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 367
Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:58 pm

Krutch21 wrote:Sure can!!
this will be determined by the coordinator on the ground (Me) or the tower (Eddie). Ex: if your in the 8.7 to 9.0 group, and you run a 8.6, that's not too big a deal, there's too many factors that could make you get a little faster like weather, hook, and so on. but if you run a 8.2 all of a sudden, then your done. Of course I will brief all of this before we start the actuall racing during the driver meeting.

T.J.

you mean like dialing up a bit more boost?
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:11 pm

billfisher wrote:every track is different. altitude, prep, concrete mix, age, slope.

a fast bolt on mach1 runs 8.2.

a decent 05+gt runs 8.5 - 8.6. most 8.9.

auto 05+ gt's run 9.2.

it isnt prep. its the track. but its .1-.2 faster than union hill.

just like dynos. they are all different and give different numbers.

LOL, hopefully I can get my 05 GT to run 8.5's soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:42 am

billfisher wrote:
Krutch21 wrote:Sure can!!
this will be determined by the coordinator on the ground (Me) or the tower (Eddie). Ex: if your in the 8.7 to 9.0 group, and you run a 8.6, that's not too big a deal, there's too many factors that could make you get a little faster like weather, hook, and so on. but if you run a 8.2 all of a sudden, then your done. Of course I will brief all of this before we start the actuall racing during the driver meeting.

T.J.

you mean like dialing up a bit more boost?

Yeah. Now if you know your car and you are on the slow end of the bubble and have the means to make yourself faster, then by all means, but once your in a group that's the target time and if you break out of the fast end by too much or are hitting .2-.3 over the fast end a couple times then you'll be disqualified. Eddie will be in the tower and will have the final say on the DQ's
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:35 pm

Yeah and if you own a slow 98 Auto and sleep at the tree 9.6 LOL
Right now as long as I can be consistent that is all that matters. Next year hopefully my car will be a sleeper terror.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Broncs98 wrote:Yeah and if you own a slow 98 Auto and sleep at the tree 9.6 LOL
Right now as long as I can be consistent that is all that matters. Next year hopefully my car will be a sleeper terror.

hun dont worry I sleep at the tree also. it was so bad last year that eddie and the crew all had a running joke as I liined up they would all put there hand by there head like they where sleeping. WE all had a good laugh about it. I look at it that as long as I am having fun then all is well and I am going to keep on trying

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:04 pm

Blueyegal wrote:
Broncs98 wrote:Yeah and if you own a slow 98 Auto and sleep at the tree 9.6 LOL

hun dont worry I sleep at the tree also. it was so bad last year that eddie and the crew all had a running joke as I liined up they would all put there hand by there head like they where sleeping. WE all had a good laugh about it. I look at it that as long as I am having fun then all is well and I am going to keep on trying

you will do fine. we'll get the reaction down.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down