WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official "What's the Weather Gonna Do for March Madness Thread"

+2
Black On Black
Krutch21
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Official "What's the Weather Gonna Do for March Madness Thread" - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official "What's the Weather Gonna Do for March Madness Thread"

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:44 pm

not looking good for Friday or Saturday

Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. East wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday Night: Showers and thunderstorms. Low around 54. East northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. South wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. West wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

looks like we may be doing this on Sunday!

Back to top Go down

The Official "What's the Weather Gonna Do for March Madness Thread" - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official "What's the Weather Gonna Do for March Madness Thread"

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:36 pm

BlueStreak02gt wrote:not looking good for Friday or Saturday

Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. East wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday Night: Showers and thunderstorms. Low around 54. East northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. South wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. West wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

high of 70 with 30% of rain for saturday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Like I said its different everywhere you look. I know Ive talked with a few peps and if it gets moved to sunday will not be able to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:52 pm

j.tmach1 wrote:

please provide link if you're going to put a forecast up.

I go off Intellicast.com and the National Weather Service Website (http://www.nws.noaa.gov) as they are the most accurate 2 weather sources on the net.

If you're going off the local idiots, you'd be better off trying to rope the wind, because you'll never get anything near accurate out of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:16 pm

The track will suck on sunday just because all the rain. High horse power cars and puddles will cause a issue IMO. Plus you have time to tell people that it was moved out 1 weekend and they can make arrangements. Sure a couple people already schedule to come and work my not be able to make it but you will have a sorry turn out with that short of notice. Only a handful of people come to this site, You have to think of people up from union hill etc..Other races take place on Sundays! This is just my opinion, plus if it is pushed one week out I can actually make it too ehehehe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:24 pm

BlueStreak02gt wrote:
j.tmach1 wrote:

please provide link if you're going to put a forecast up.

I go off Intellicast.com and the National Weather Service Website (http://www.nws.noaa.gov) as they are the most accurate 2 weather sources on the net.

If you're going off the local idiots, you'd be better off trying to rope the wind, because you'll never get anything near accurate out of them.
Well the info I put on then can from the first link you put on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Too_Nuts wrote:The track will suck on sunday just because all the rain. High horse power cars and puddles will cause a issue IMO. Plus you have time to tell people that it was moved out 1 weekend and they can make arrangements. Sure a couple people already schedule to come and work my not be able to make it but you will have a sorry turn out with that short of notice. Only a handful of people come to this site, You have to think of people up from union hill etc..Other races take place on Sundays! This is just my opinion, plus if it is pushed one week out I can actually make it too ehehehe.
I agree with you in full.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:18 pm

well we'll just have to see how it all pans out. weather is a funny thing, and it can be pretty unpredictable. hopefully all the weather men miss it, and it's sunny and beautiful!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:08 am

Looks like it might clear itself up by mid morning. It is looking more promising as the days approach.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/hourbyhour/USTN0093?begHour=4&begDay=87

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:22 am

let's hope so!!! I dont want to be sitting at home doing homework all day Saturday...lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:38 am

If the rain misses Saturday, or comes and goes throughout the early morning, it will be in the low 70's and pretty much sunny the rest of the day. If it happens to rain and pushes the event to Sunday, it will be sunny and in the high 50's. Either way, I believe alot of people who are coming from a distance away are coming for the weekend, and could still make it Sunday. If it gets rescheduled for the following Saturday, you risk the chance of alot of people not coming because they didnt take the following weekend off, they already had plans, or dont wanna make the trip again, or the possibility of it raining next Saturday and Sunday too. I for one think Sunday might be better, just so Saturday afternoon and evening most of the rain will dry up, and we shouldnt have to worry about the rain at all Sunday. But again, this isnt my event so what I say doesnt matter, LOL. Either way it will be a great event. The weather is gonna do what it wants and doesnt care about anyones plans, you have to work around the weather.

Back to top Go down

The Official "What's the Weather Gonna Do for March Madness Thread" - Page 2 Empty Schedule Change!!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Due to the weather conditions for Saturday March 28th. The event is being rescheduled for Sunday March 29th. Gates will open at 9:00am.

Sorry for the inconvience as well as late notice, we were trying to holdout for Saturday as much as possible.

If you have questions call me @ 931-980-4453

Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:25 pm

alright, thanks Eddie, see you guys Sunday!

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangrn Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:20 pm

will be still be meeting a 0630 in ryan's on Sunday morning?
mustangrn
mustangrn
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 554
Humor : Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics!!
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Grabber Orange Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:43 pm

Fast Eddie wrote:Due to the weather conditions for Saturday March 28th. The event is being rescheduled for Sunday March 29th. Gates will open at 9:00am.

Sorry for the inconvience as well as late notice, we were trying to holdout for Saturday as much as possible.

If you have questions call me @ 931-980-4453

Eddie
Well hope yall have fun, we will not able to attend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:48 pm

I honestly think this heads up is better than 10pm tonight, or 7am tomorrow morning. I still think most people will show up and have fun. Might wanna make a whole new thread about it though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Wow..... Ok, I will do my best to get ahold of the AAA crew and see if we can make it happen on Sunday, but I have me doubts. Ok, off to make a bunch of phone calls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Having not recieved notice of the date change till I saw the post........ I was not able to coordinate a reschedule with the AAA people on such short notice so they will not be able to have the battery give-a-way etc. I was able to get someone to come Sunday with a rollback so that at least we will have a presence if there is a breakdown on the track. Wish I had know this sooner. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:43 pm

well i have to say the weather man officially sucks.

How do you put out a forecast of 100% and not have a single drop of rain hit the ground? Rolling Eyes

here it is 4:45 pm, and it's sunny with scattered clouds, and about 70 degrees here in murfreesboro.

woulda been a nice day to race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:59 pm

BlueStreak02gt wrote:well i have to say the weather man officially sucks.

How do you put out a forecast of 100% and not have a single drop of rain hit the ground? Rolling Eyes

here it is 4:45 pm, and it's sunny with scattered clouds, and about 70 degrees here in murfreesboro.

woulda been a nice day to race.

Yeah that is *&^%^% up. The rain is about to hit hard as hell here, but there hasnt been any rain since like 8pm last night, and like you said, it's been in the 70's all day. Here comes the rain now, and the sirens just went off.

Last edited by JH96GT on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : language edit)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:54 pm

oh gosh, hope no tornadoes come!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Weather Forecaster is one of the only two jobs in the country a person could have where they could be wrong most of the time and still keep their job.

The other is Market Analyst.

They better be right about Sunday... except we could stand for it to be a little warmer.
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:34 am

It's going to rain Sunday morning.
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:58 pm

so much for the forecast.

100% chance on Saturday of rain, and it does nothing until 6:30 at night.

supposed to be 50 and sunny on Sunday, and it's cloudy, rainy, and miserable for most of the morning.

Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Thats right, should have done it on saturday. Saturdays weather was alote better than sundays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next