WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mustang Production Plants comes to a halt!!!

3 posters

Go down

Mustang Production Plants comes to a halt!!! Empty Mustang Production Plants comes to a halt!!!

Post by Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:35 pm

Ford has announced it plans to halt production at 10 of its plants by an additional week. According to reports, this will impact the production of the Mustang, in addition to the Taurus, Focus, Explorer, and Ranger. What's normally a two-week shut down will extend an additional week, with production resuming on January 12, 2009. So yes, gas is finally dirt cheap again, but the companies that make the cars appear to be running on financial fumes. I don't know how it will all net out, but one thing's for certain; times are changing and changing fast.

Back to top Go down

Mustang Production Plants comes to a halt!!! Empty Re: Mustang Production Plants comes to a halt!!!

Post by Danstang Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:55 am

One will fall, which one of the Big 3 will it be? (if at all)
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Mustang Production Plants comes to a halt!!! Empty Re: Mustang Production Plants comes to a halt!!!

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:13 am

I actually see GM falling first. They make more money with their financing company GMAC than they do selling cars and GMAC is having a lot of financial trouble. I really hope none of them fall though not only because the muscle car wars are finally starting up again, but thats a lot of lost jobs too.

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:47 am

JStang314 wrote:I actually see GM falling first. They make more money with their financing company GMAC than they do selling cars and GMAC is having a lot of financial trouble. I really hope none of them fall though not only because the muscle car wars are finally starting up again, but thats a lot of lost jobs too.
You are aware that the Holding Co. that owns Chrysler owns 51% of GMAC.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:43 pm

PERSONNALY I THINK GM WILL FALL. THEY ARE THE ONES THAT PROMISS THE MOST AND YET DELIVER THE LEAST.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:20 pm

None of them are going to fail! They will file for bankrupsey protection and reorginize way before they fail.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:25 am

So true, they think that the word "bankruptcy" will hurt consumer confidence in their product. It will end up being their last resort.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:30 am

Danstang wrote:So true, they think that the word "bankruptcy" will hurt consumer confidence in their product. It will end up being their last resort.
If they do file bankruptcy, this will be their chance to downplay the unions. All contract agreemnets go out the window with a bankruptcy..

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:42 am

Yeah, that's why the union is trying to avoid that!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:08 pm

Fast Eddie wrote:
Danstang wrote:So true, they think that the word "bankruptcy" will hurt consumer confidence in their product. It will end up being their last resort.
If they do file bankruptcy, this will be their chance to downplay the unions. All contract agreemnets go out the window with a bankruptcy..

There are also some contracts that state if sales fall below a certain mark they can be re-opened for negotiation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:43 pm

if bankruptcie will get rid of the uaw and open the door for those of us that don't have jobs then thats great news.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down