WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saleen Performance Vehicles To Cease Production

2 posters

Go down

Saleen Performance Vehicles To Cease Production Empty Saleen Performance Vehicles To Cease Production

Post by Danstang Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:56 am

Revstone Industries, the latest corporate conglomerate to own the Saleen Performance Vehicle brand, announced Monday that it plans to drop production of the “Saleen” Mustang. The company did not state detailed reasons for their decision, but lack of traction and support in a brutal marketplace is a likely factor. Economic conditions have not been friendly to high priced niche products and many believe that without Steve Saleen himself behind the brand, that most enthusiasts would not support the company long term with their dollars.

In their statement, Revstone stated they plan to focus on becoming a “second-stage manufacturer” of aftermarket performance parts. Bob LaCourciere, president of Revstone Aftermarket, said the move will allow the company “to leverage” its size and customer relationships to provide a wider range of high performance offerings to consumers.

This means that the latest 2011 Saleen S302 we reported on from SEMA last fall will be the last vehicle Revstone builds with the Saleen brand name. The company states that the vehicles currently in production will be completed by the third quarter of this year.

Revstone says that it will continue to honor warranties for all vehicles and that Saleen parts will continue to be produced through the Speedlab brand. No further detail was given by Revstone as to what their long term plans are for the Speedlab or Saleen brand names.

What this means for Steve Saleen who left the company back in 2007 and started SMS Supercars is unknown. He had made his intent clear in 2009 when he filed suit against MJ Acquisitions to cease and desist using his name on their cars. While that suit did not prevent the Troy, Michigan company from using the Saleen name, there is no doubt that this new development may have an impact on Steve’s ability to regain use of his brand.

Last year we reported on the all new 2011 SMS 302 Mustang that Steve Saleen proudly unveiled. The car features many of his signature design elements and performance enhancements. Many of the core Saleen owners and enthusiasts, the purists in the hobby, have only considered the cars SMS Supercars built under the direction of Steve Saleen to be the only real and true “Saleens”. His company SMS Supercars offers versions of the Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro, and the Dodge Challenger.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Saleen Performance Vehicles To Cease Production Empty Re: Saleen Performance Vehicles To Cease Production

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:24 am

Its a shame that Steve got booted out of the company he built "Saleen" but im glad he jumped back on the horse with SMS... guess they are kicking themselves in the a$$ for getting rid of him now.
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down