WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatic Transmission Help.

2 posters

Go down

Automatic Transmission Help. Empty Automatic Transmission Help.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Hey yall. Ok Im looking at getting a performance pack from super six motorsports. They claim it adds about 70HP. And to add on to that im also looking at getting a Procharger P-1SC supercharger at about 9psi. I drive my car prety hard regularly and I want to know weather my stock transmission will be able to handle everything. I really dont want to blow it out and be stranded somewhere. If it wont are there any kits i can buy to get it to handle the extra power or should i buy a transmission that can handle it, then get everything put on and tuned. If i do need to get another transmission it needs to me an Automatic and i dont know where to get one that would line up good so i dont have to have too much work done to install it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - PAINCAKE!!!

Back to top Go down

Automatic Transmission Help. Empty Re: Automatic Transmission Help.

Post by JH96GT Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:07 pm

What year is your sixer? The 99+ 4R70W can supposedly handle some good power. May want to consider a valve body kit. IMO you'll be fine.

Here is a little more info
http://www.becontrols.com/tech/ch3aodeupgrade.htm
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:34 am

Hey thanks man. That was extremely helpful. Mines a 2003 and im only lookin to make around 400rwhp so their sayin my trans can handle it just fine. thanks for the help dude. peace - PAINCAKE :*drive*:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:01 am

Paincake wrote:Hey thanks man. That was extremely helpful. Mines a 2003 and im only lookin to make around 400rwhp so their sayin my trans can handle it just fine. thanks for the help dude. peace - PAINCAKE :*drive*:

manual transmission will hold over 550 hp just fine....you might need to upgrade the clutch, should be about it though.

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Paincake wrote:Hey thanks man. That was extremely helpful. Mines a 2003 and im only lookin to make around 400rwhp so their sayin my trans can handle it just fine. thanks for the help dude. peace - PAINCAKE :*drive*:

No problem. Looking at swapping to a 4R70W in my 86 so I've been doing a lil research. Anytime.
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:56 am

Well I went ahead and got a power adder. Thanks for the help again. Cant wait to go cruizin with yall. Peace - PAINCAKE!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:12 pm

you need to do the J-mod and it will handle more than most manuals. plus shift quicker than them.

http://www.crownvic.net/tech/4R70Wnotes.pdf

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/shiftybusiness.html
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 367
Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down