WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommended Paint/Auto-body shops???????????

4 posters

Go down

Recommended Paint/Auto-body shops??????????? Empty Recommended Paint/Auto-body shops???????????

Post by JH96GT Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:18 pm

I need to get my Cobra front bumper cover and my existing side skirts painted. Anyone know of a good place here around Clarksville that will spray them? With as much custom work as we have on the club cars, I'm sure someone knows of a place.

Thanks. :^drunk^:

-Joey
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Recommended Paint/Auto-body shops??????????? Empty Re: Recommended Paint/Auto-body shops???????????

Post by mustangrn Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Anywhere but maaco!!!!! Evil or Very Mad They jacked my hood soooooo bad. And couldn't get it right with a picture and three attempts. And they never had it ready when it was supposed to be and they left so much over spray on the fenders, I used a half a bottle of rubbing compound to get it off. I looks ok from a distance but u can certainly see the poor quality up close. At this point we decided to leave it since it is a daily driver and replace the entire hood at a later date. Lesson Learned!!! :*bonk(:
mustangrn
mustangrn
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 554
Humor : Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics!!
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Grabber Orange Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Recommended Paint/Auto-body shops??????????? Empty Re: Recommended Paint/Auto-body shops???????????

Post by Pyrotech72 Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:41 pm

mustangrn wrote:Anywhere but maaco!!!!! Evil or Very Mad (:

:*agree*:

I'll definitely confirm the overspray AND a redo on my mom's 90 Taurus, which they no longer have.
I am absolutely NOT taking my Bird or anything else there. Better NOT get Maaco!

Has anyone heard anything about Price's Collision Centers?
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:36 pm

The biggest issue is hoping the paint will match decent. New paint beside existing paint has a tendency to look like crap..... What a Face

We'll see what happens.
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by 95GTS Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:29 am

mustangrn wrote:Anywhere but maaco!!!!! Evil or Very Mad They jacked my hood soooooo bad. And couldn't get it right with a picture and three attempts. And they never had it ready when it was supposed to be and they left so much over spray on the fenders, I used a half a bottle of rubbing compound to get it off. I looks ok from a distance but u can certainly see the poor quality up close. At this point we decided to leave it since it is a daily driver and replace the entire hood at a later date. Lesson Learned!!! :*bonk(:

Tell us how you really feel... rofl :*kaboom*:
95GTS
95GTS
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 356
Humor : Sometimes you're the windshield, Sometimes you're the bug...
My Ride/Rides: : 1995 GTS
Mods: : Basically stock

Back to top Go down

Post by 95GTS Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:31 am

JH96GT wrote:The biggest issue is hoping the paint will match decent. New paint beside existing paint has a tendency to look like crap..... What a Face

We'll see what happens.

Yes, I had ole MAACO paint my spoiler and scoops, and well, they not only look like crap, they also are darker than the old paint, which I expected to happen. Hope to find a decent place that is "Affordable" to get the whole car painted eventually.
95GTS
95GTS
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Use either Bumpus on the 41A Bypass by K-Mart or Jackson Body Shop up behind BP Station off Riverside Dr. Both are reputable and very knowledable of the Mustangs bodystyles..

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Fast Eddie wrote:Use either Bumpus on the 41A Bypass by K-Mart or Jackson Body Shop up behind BP Station off Riverside Dr. Both are reputable and very knowledable of the Mustangs bodystyles..

Thanks Eddie. I stopped by Perigo's in Erin today and am going w/ them. Nice guy, very good price, and have saw their work. It's not gonna match perfect (old paint vs new paint) but it should be really close.

Plus I'm working a deal for the Capri later. Got to decide that color though. Probably either the deep green or the deep purple, both will make the car look almost black which is what I want. We'll see. Got to photshop a little.
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:43 pm

JH96GT wrote:I need to get my Cobra front bumper cover and my existing side skirts painted. Anyone know of a good place here around Clarksville that will spray them? With as much custom work as we have on the club cars, I'm sure someone knows of a place.

Thanks. :^drunk^:

-Joey

look up Hoffman's Auto Body in Madison. Ron Hoffman painted my bullitt sidescoops and he did a darn good job for the most part...i should have given him my gas door so he could match up the paint a little better. Kinda hard to match paint when you don't have something to go on, they turned out a little dark, but he did a nice job.

650 E Old Hickory Blvd
Madison, TN 37115
(615) 865-5404

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangrn Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:54 pm

95GTS wrote:
mustangrn wrote:Anywhere but maaco!!!!! Evil or Very Mad They jacked my hood soooooo bad. And couldn't get it right with a picture and three attempts. And they never had it ready when it was supposed to be and they left so much over spray on the fenders, I used a half a bottle of rubbing compound to get it off. I looks ok from a distance but u can certainly see the poor quality up close. At this point we decided to leave it since it is a daily driver and replace the entire hood at a later date. Lesson Learned!!! :*bonk(:

Tell us how you really feel... rofl :*kaboom*:

I would but I couldn't keep it pg!! :?curses?:
mustangrn
mustangrn
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 554
Humor : Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics!!
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Grabber Orange Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Post by 95GTS Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:21 am

I feel your pain... Cool
95GTS
95GTS
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:42 pm

I am located in Hendersonville, in the club and would be happy to give an estimate if anybody needs anything. I have my own shop with paint booth and plenty of referrals, I can show you MY car. I do show quality on cars, bikes and custom paint & airbrushing and guarantee everything to match. I specialize in Mustangs - have 5 of my own. A lot of painters can't tint paint to match, but I've been doing this for 17 years with no complaints.

Back to top Go down

Post by 95GTS Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:36 am

klsprstang wrote:I am located in Hendersonville, in the club and would be happy to give an estimate if anybody needs anything. I have my own shop with paint booth and plenty of referrals, I can show you MY car. I do show quality on cars, bikes and custom paint & airbrushing and guarantee everything to match. I specialize in Mustangs - have 5 of my own. A lot of painters can't tint paint to match, but I've been doing this for 17 years with no complaints.

Bring your car out to one of the Club events so we can see your work...
95GTS
95GTS
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:49 pm

klsprstang wrote:I am located in Hendersonville, in the club and would be happy to give an estimate if anybody needs anything. I have my own shop with paint booth and plenty of referrals, I can show you MY car. I do show quality on cars, bikes and custom paint & airbrushing and guarantee everything to match. I specialize in Mustangs - have 5 of my own. A lot of painters can't tint paint to match, but I've been doing this for 17 years with no complaints.
Shoot forgot about your shop Kevin.. :*bonk(: For those that we're at the go-kart track a few weeks back Kevin had the Vert...I know I'll be sending my '84 to Kevin for the restore..

Last edited by Fast Eddie on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:36 pm

Thanks for the compliment Eddie! We're gonna try and make it out again real soon. See if you can see my car as my avatar. If interested I'll show you my shop or send me an email address (klsprstang@aol.com) and I'll forward pics of some recent Mustangs I've done.

Back to top Go down

Post by 95GTS Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:33 am

Kevin - I remember your car from the Go Cart night we had a few weeks ago....nice car with a sweet paint job...
95GTS
95GTS
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down