WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car

3 posters

Go down

2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car Empty 2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car

Post by Danstang Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:00 am

2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car Cov10-16

Making history again, the 2011 Mustang GT will be the pace car for the NASCAR Daytona 500 next month. And you will get the opportunity to buy one of 50 commemorative editions of the pace car, one this coming weekend.

This makes history because when the Mustang paces the Daytona 500, it will be the first time a Ford has done it in 40 years. Talk about a glass ceiling huh?

“Having the opportunity to pace America’s biggest auto race with a Ford icon like the 2011 Mustang GT is truly an honor,” said Jamie Allison, director, Ford North America Motorsports. “And to have the new 5.0-liter engine powering the car will be a great way to demonstrate its power and class-leading fuel economy.”

2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car Cov10-17

The one-of-a-kind race red 2011 Mustang GT coupe will feature a special Daytona 500 paint scheme, Ford Racing suspension, strut tower brace and mufflers, unique painted wheels, and special interior treatment, including specially branded lit sill plates.

The 2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car model is one of only 50 special editions that will be built and sold to the public. “Everybody loves Mustang,” Allison continued. “That was evident last year from the fan reaction when we announced it was going to be our new model in the NASCAR Nationwide Series starting later this year. This is just another way to showcase a true American icon in its most natural environment.”

Adding to the pomp and circumstance of the occasion, is that it the pace car will be auctioned off for charity this weekend at Barrett-Jackson Scotsdale. Seven-time Daytona 500 champion Richard Petty, the newest member of the Ford Racing family, will be on site to help hand over the car to the winning bidder.

All proceeds over the manufacturer’s suggested retail price from the pace car auction will go to help cure childhood diabetes through a donation to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Obviously, the winner will have to wait to drive it home until after the race in February.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car Empty Re: 2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car

Post by 1fstroush Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Now we need a Mustang here at the Indy 500. So far it's been a ton of Corvettes and a Camaro last year. ARGH!

Last edited by 1fstroush on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car Empty Re: 2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car

Post by Wolvee Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:12 pm

I <3 mustangs
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down