WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott

4 posters

Go down

My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott Empty My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott

Post by Danstang Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:14 pm

So I got on line earlier today and saw that my favorite NASCAR driver, Bill Elliott, was going to be at Hines Park Ford. Needless to say, I jumped in the 'stang and drove about an hour to get there. Bill is one of those down to earth people who really enjoys doing the meet and greets with his fans. I ended up getting there just before the event ended and got to hang out with him for about 15 minutes or so after everyone had left. I didn't have anyone with me to take a pic with Bill, so his wife Cindy said she'd be happy take it. Even though NASCAR has been tough to watch lately, Bill will always be my favorite! Here are the pics:
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1495
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1496
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1497
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1498
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1499
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1502
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1503
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1504
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1505
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1506
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1508
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1509
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1510
My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott DSCN1512
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott Empty Re: My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott

Post by BraMas Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Very cool! That looked alot more fun than changing your diff fluid at my house. Did you take him for a ride in the stang
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott Empty Re: My meet and greet with NASCAR legend Bill Elliott

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:47 pm

Cool,,, I've meant Bill a few times down at Talledega. He's definately a nice person to talk to...

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:54 pm

BraMas wrote:Very cool! That looked alot more fun than changing your diff fluid at my house. Did you take him for a ride in the stang
Agreed! I was going to see if he wanted to do a burnout in my stang, but I didn't ask. We just talked about general things and how NASCAR is ruining the sport. He's po'd about how the "veteran fans" are being alienated and how he can't stand the new generation of cars they drive. My favorite comment was, "you used to be able to walk into a dealer and buy a car that looked like the ones we drove on the track. Now days you can't tell what that thing is we are driving!" The cool part of it all was I got to thank him for the past 25+ years of racing. He was so thankful to hear that, it really made my day.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:45 pm

Way cool man! I bet that was a blast to meet him in person. I like the pic of you and him standing together. But I love the one of your stang and the race car side by side! I'm envious! Cool

Hey is that a ford racing hat you have on?

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by GeeTee Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:19 am

Very cool, I remember way back when this little group of guys from Dawsonville showed up every once in awhile and drove Fords, I've been a fan of Bills sincehe started. Thanks for the pics and the story/
GeeTee
GeeTee
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 38
Humor : If your brain itches think of sandpaper.
My Ride/Rides: : 68 Torino GT Fastback
75 Ford Bronco (in 76,461 pieces)
82 Mercury Capri RS 302/4sp (bought it new, 78,000mi.)
1948 Farm All B Tractor..( My Dad and GrandDad bought it new)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down