WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil at the bottom of my Intake Manifold.

4 posters

Go down

Oil at the bottom of my Intake Manifold. Empty Oil at the bottom of my Intake Manifold.

Post by Wolvee Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:35 pm

So I took off my Intake tonight to paint it to get some nice pics for ROTM and I noticed Oil inside the intake manifold at the bottom of the valley. It's just enough to see it move at the bottom. The engine has about 45k on it. Is this something I should be worried about? How much oil blow by is acceptable?

Thanks
Mike
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Oil at the bottom of my Intake Manifold. Empty Re: Oil at the bottom of my Intake Manifold.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:41 am

Its normal, alot of people that ive talked to have put on a oil pickup tube on the vaccum hose leading into the intake. If you look on svtperformance.com or corral.net there are right ups about them in there. Im installing one on my motor when I put it back together. My motor has 92,000 on it and it has oil in the bottom of the intake as well.

Back to top Go down

Oil at the bottom of my Intake Manifold. Empty Re: Oil at the bottom of my Intake Manifold.

Post by 1fstroush Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:04 am

It's normal. Like said before, you can add an oil seperator to your intake/vacuum lines to help clean it up. However, it never totally goes away.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:56 pm

Yup, I'm there too guys, got some harmless oil there at 135,000 miles.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Hmmm, maybe that's why mine always used oil when it needed to be changed.
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down