WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch out for Jenkins and Wynne Ford

2 posters

Go down

Watch out for Jenkins and Wynne Ford Empty Watch out for Jenkins and Wynne Ford

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:11 pm

I must admit that I am really disappointed with the dealership and will most likely never be back there.......

1.) I talked to the parts department and the service department and no one there knew anything about getting aftermarket parts or placing a warranty on them. I mentioned the information that we were given and the club name and I was told that they can not get any aftermarket part. Maybe I was just talking to the wrong people, but the group had the same opinion and knowledge.

2.) I took my mustang in to the shop to have my Eibach shocks and springs put on. I discussed it with them the first day and was given a price of around 450 for the shocks and springs and then 80 for an alignment. This is about average for the places that I went to and even the Ford dealership towards Hop-town. After I left my vehicle I get a telephone conversation stating that the price is 730 for all of the work. So after they got my car in the shop, they jacked the price up. WTF?!? I go to pick up my car and then was notified that my car sat too low for them to do an alignment. Okay cool, but they still charged me the 730 I was told for everything instead of taking the 80 off for the alignment that they could not perform. WOW........amazing!

3.) I get home pissed about my car already, and so I am looking at everything and notice that they exchanged my chrome lugnuts for some crappy lugs they had in the shop. Since it was after closing time on Friday I had to wait until Monday to try and call them. I talked to them on Monday and told them that they had exchanged my lugs and was told that the Service manager would contact me. It is kind of funny because it is now Saturday and they would not return any of my phone calls and I have not been contacted once. I left for a TDY assignment last Sunday so I am not in town to just drive it to the dealership and raise hell........

I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN THE DEALERSHIP THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SUPPORTER OF THE WILDHORSES.

Back to top Go down

Watch out for Jenkins and Wynne Ford Empty Re: Watch out for Jenkins and Wynne Ford

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Damn that f*cking sucks. I actually thought they were gonna be helping you guys, not screwing you over. In the past I heard alot of bad things about J&W, but thought they were changing, looks like I was wrong. Hopefully you atleast get "your" lug nuts back and dont have to deal with their shitty service again. Sorry for what happened man.

Back to top Go down

Watch out for Jenkins and Wynne Ford Empty Re: Watch out for Jenkins and Wynne Ford

Post by Krutch21 Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:26 pm

I'll bring this up to Eddie and we'll talk to Don Jenkins about it. Mr. Jenkins is the one who gave us the info and we had been told in the past that id the dealership gave us any flak to call Don personally on the matter. Sorry to hear that they screwed you over though.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Stay away from the Stealership, they wanted to charge $350 to replace the clutch cable, firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:12 pm

getbit wrote:Stay away from the Stealership, they wanted to charge $350 to replace the clutch cable, firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant.

Do you still need that done? I'll do it for free.

Jenkins and Wynn are supporters of the Club, but remember they are still a Dealership. You still gonna pay the high dealership labor costs for anything you get done there. I won't get anything but warranty work done there. I'm bugging them about extending their discount down to the paint booth. Brett down there is a great guy and they do awesome work. But as far as Getting stuff installed, ask around the club, there is a huge amount of people that can do a lot of of repair or mod work.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:19 pm

i only go to the dealership for specialized parts, and only if I can't find them anywhere else.

All Ford dealerships are plain ripoffs. They charge an arm and leg for this stuff, and act like it's pure gold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Holy crap $450 to do springs and shocks/struts. I only charge $150 for springs and shocks/struts since it only takes me 1.5 hours to do.

Ford dealers are all ripoffs. I went there to get valve cover grommets for romeo heads and they wanted to charge me $122 for them. I left and bought them at auto zone for $30.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:20 pm

oxfordgt wrote:Holy crap $450 to do springs and shocks/struts. I only charge $150 for springs and shocks/struts since it only takes me 1.5 hours to do.

Ford dealers are all ripoffs. I went there to get valve cover grommets for romeo heads and they wanted to charge me $122 for them. I left and bought them at auto zone for $30.

Damn I havent heard from you, or seen you around town in a long time. How you been? How is the car?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle2000GT Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:45 pm

I found a dealership that I think is pretty good. They have been very good to me. They have sold me a Hurst shifter below market and they have priced the Bullitt/Mach 1 suspension upgrade at internet prices. They quoted installtion of springs, struts, shocks, and sway bars at $350. That sounded pretty good to me.
Eagle2000GT
Eagle2000GT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 86
My Name: : Tom
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Mustang GT
12.7 @ 111.4 mph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:17 pm

1BAD3V wrote:
oxfordgt wrote:Holy crap $450 to do springs and shocks/struts. I only charge $150 for springs and shocks/struts since it only takes me 1.5 hours to do.

Damn I havent heard from you, or seen you around town in a long time. How you been? How is the car?

I've been around just working. The car is good. I had to replace the ball joints this weekend because I broke them when I pulled the wheels on 41a and the front slammed back down. But she is back up and running.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:30 pm

town & country ford is just as bad .. my transmission is acting funny and sliping a little . so I took it there to have it looked at and they kept my car all day and called me (after I called them to see how long it was going to take ) 20 minutes later and said it was ready and they couldnt find anything wrong . every time I take it to them to have somthing fixed they tell me they cant find anything wrong.. I know what my car is doing and and I know somtihng isnt right..

can someone look at my transmission for me ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down