WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any winter mods going on out there?

+11
Krutch21
WLDHRSE
Wolvee
phrostygurl
BRADTHEBLADE
Shady
wingedone
BraMas
1fstroush
Eturner
Danstang
15 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Any winter mods going on out there? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any winter mods going on out there?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:00 pm

well Tim.... as of now... We are tearing it apart to port the heads.... and I have a cam and lifters on the way along with headers and a BBK SSI air intake manifold..... and as long as the wife says its ok... gonna put spray on it also!!

Back to top Go down

Any winter mods going on out there? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any winter mods going on out there?

Post by Danstang Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:51 pm

cnews85 wrote:I have quite a few things to do that I didn't get to last year. A Comp Eng. 8 pt cage to install, Hurst line lock, new billet alt bracket, new 5 pt harnesses and I need a new Weld rim that my slicks are bolted to, it's bent might be an understatement.
CAN'T WAIT FOR HEAT!!! :^drunk^:
We all can't wait for the heat! Can't wait to see your car run, we've got to get to the track for some test and tunes.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:11 pm

Well not to put anymore fuel to the fire but a motor is just a big air pump so it goes without saying that moving more air and fuel in and out that you get more power so yes even on a stock motor these parts will make a diff. Its no diff than putting a bigger carb on an old school ride.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:30 am

OK if thats what you want to believe. :^drunk^:
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by FASTGT Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:44 am

WLDHRSE wrote:Just one real big one Shhhhhhh! its a suprise :*woohoo*: :*woohoo*: Twisted Evil I am coming for you again Eric so bring it baby!

LOL I will take care of you this year dont worry Twisted Evil :*burnout*: I am not spending 5k in mods for nothing approve I just hope there are not to many of the guys at the track to watch you get :*owned:
FASTGT
FASTGT
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 111
My Name: : Eric
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT
Mods: : More then you have

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:43 pm

:_popcorn_: Game on!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:27 am

any average gear head knows that more fuel and more air will improve hp. how much depends on the other upgrades. even if you were to just upgrade the injectors on a stock motor you will still see some hp improvement. it may not be worth the cost, but it will still be there.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:43 am

Oh no you wont! Just becasue you add bigger injectors to a car does not mean that the car is going to ask for the extra fuel that the injector is able to provide.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboy kyle Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:30 pm

wow u guys love bashing one another on there mods how nice gues it woould not be a car club if we didnt have poeple bashing one another right :*bonk(:

cowboy kyle
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 88
Humor : quit laughin because i am a tick tack
My Ride/Rides: : 1994 mustang gt red

http://myspace.com/countrytruckman84

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Where did you see anyone bashing someone about Mods on there car?
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:06 pm

I see it as a very healthy relationship..... communication is a key factor in all relationships! :_popcorn_:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:16 pm

add more fuel + more air does equal more power.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:08 pm

You are 100% accurate! But that is not what I was saying :^drunk^:
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Forget it I'm adding 35 racing bumperstickers and a lot of chrome dodads for the win. Oh and maybe a leaf blower and 4.56 gears for the gas mileage.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:25 am

I guess when asking for advice, you may not get the answers you want to hear. I say, buy the parts and put 'em on. Will bigger injectors make a difference with a bigger MAF? I don't think so, but why not try it, gotta do something to get that car out of the mid 16's.
Zack, with 500hp, you gonna be able to keep that car under you? It's going to be a handful if your not use to it. :*drive*:
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:03 am

thats y brad talked me into spray.... if I went turbo.... it would be going full time.... where with spray.... I decide when i want that lil extra!!! And than heather can still drive it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:35 am

Maxstealth04 wrote:thats y brad talked me into spray.... if I went turbo.... it would be going full time.... where with spray.... I decide when i want that lil extra!!! And than heather can still drive it!!

That's kind of a silly logic. Have you ever driven a Turbo car? Dans old Saleen was an easy car to drive on the street everyday and that was a 10.50 street car with 850hp. If you built a turbo car, the power being there all the time is a good thing. Why fill up a bottle all the time at $5+ a pound? How often do we (ALL of Us) find ourselves with all our bills paid for a couple months and then scraping up pennies for the next couple of months. If you have the money now for the build, do it, or you'll find yourself broke one weekend that you really want to go racing and you'll be less 80-100hp. (I hope you're not considering more than that on stock internals)

If you're worries about the old lady driving it, don't; unless you don't trust her. Because if she spools the turbo, she's doing it on purpose. Nitrous is effective but retarded for a street car. Nitrous would quickly add up to more than a turbo, especially with the companies making the hot side kits for dirt cheap now.

Last edited by Sxynerd on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:40 am

FASTGT wrote:
WLDHRSE wrote:Just one real big one Shhhhhhh! its a suprise :*woohoo*: :*woohoo*: Twisted Evil I am coming for you again Eric so bring it baby!

LOL I will take care of you this year dont worry Twisted Evil :*burnout*: I am not spending 5k in mods for nothing approve I just hope there are not to many of the guys at the track to watch you get :*owned:

Brian's gonna leave the track in tears that day, lol.... whip We love you Brian but you're not beating either of us with a 1.7kb, a stock bottom end and a little400hp. Step up the game playa! 600rw and 11.oh's or just enter the car show... :*bonk(:

(we're just playing :^drunk^: )
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:40 am

Sxynerd wrote:
Maxstealth04 wrote:thats y brad talked me into spray.... if I went turbo.... it would be going full time.... where with spray.... I decide when i want that lil extra!!! And than heather can still drive it!!

That's kind of a silly logic. Have you ever driven a Turbo car? Dans old Saleen was an easy car to drive on the street everyday and that was a 10.50 street car with 850hp. If you built a turbo car, the power being there all the time is a good thing. Why fill up a bottle all the time at $5+ a pound? How often do we (ALL of Us) find ourselves with all our bills paid for a couple months and then scraping up pennies for the next couple of months. If you have the money now for the build, do it, or you'll find yourself broke one weekend that you really want to go racing and you'll be less 80-100hp. (I hope you're not considering more than that on stock internals)

If you're worries about the old lady driving it, don't; unless you don't trust her. Because if she spools the turbo, she's doing it on purpose. Nitrous is effective but retarded for a street car. Nitrous would quickly add up to more than a turbo, especially with the companies making the hot side kits for dirt cheap now.

But if I turbo the car... than I HAVE to change the internals.... cause the turbo will prob set me over 500!!! And I was told by a couple people the stock internals wont hold that much!!! I dont go to the track that much so I wont be spraying that often.... unless I feel frisky on the road!! I dont have the money to get the turbo and mod all the internals!!! I think what i might do.... is run the setup im going with now..... over next winter save up to do the bottom end..... and get the bottom end done next summer!!! Than if that isnt enough for me... than I will go single turbo and leave the spray!!!

Its not that I dont trust Heather... I jus know that it will be too much for Heather!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:55 am

Maxstealth04 wrote:
Sxynerd wrote:

But if I turbo the car... than I HAVE to change the internals.... cause the turbo will prob set me over 500!!! And I was told by a couple people the stock internals wont hold that much!!! I dont go to the track that much so I wont be spraying that often.... unless I feel frisky on the road!! I dont have the money to get the turbo and mod all the internals!!! I think what i might do.... is run the setup im going with now..... over next winter save up to do the bottom end..... and get the bottom end done next summer!!! Than if that isnt enough for me... than I will go single turbo and leave the spray!!!

Its not that I dont trust Heather... I jus know that it will be too much for Heather!!!

You don't "HAVE" to change the internals you just have to keep your boost to a good level. What do you have int he way of fuel? The stock engine will hold at 400rw with a turbo all day long unless your engine is toast anyway. I don't have anything against nitrous except the reoccurring price and the fact that, due to it's Tq, it's a bearing killer.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:30 pm

I bought 24lb injectors and am going to buy a 255lph fuel pump!! I was told that if i did a 100 shot or a turbo I would have to change the internals cause it would put me over 500hp.... and the stock internals can only hold around 450-500!!! And I had heard if I ran a single turbo it will put me around 525hp... so I would throw a rod through my block!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Hp is controllable through the boost controller. WHo ever is feeding you turbo info is an idiot. I can put twin turbos on my stroker and still only have 350hp if I chose to gate them at 7lbs.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:34 pm

i had a link here
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:06 pm

I will be around 400hp after all the mods i plan on... without a turbo or nitrous.... so the turbo or nitrous could set me over 500... thats why i was gonna go with nitrous... that way i can do a lower shot without going over!! And brad was sayn I could only have the boost at 4 or 5 lbs at the lowest!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:52 pm

Maxstealth04 wrote:I will be around 400hp after all the mods i plan on... without a turbo or nitrous.... so the turbo or nitrous could set me over 500... thats why i was gonna go with nitrous... that way i can do a lower shot without going over!! And brad was sayn I could only have the boost at 4 or 5 lbs at the lowest!!

A head, cam, injectors and MAF 302 is not a 400hp car. Those are magazine advertisement numbers. My suggestion to you now is to just buy a forged shortblock with some good heads, keep the compression low, go to a E303 cam and nail it in with a 75-100 shot of nitrous. Low compression for the future turbo possibilities. You may see a hair over 400 with nitrous. I think that is the best option for you for now.

The 255 pump is only going to get you to maybe 500rw on a FI car if you're seeing 14v. Which pump is it that you're going with because there dozens of possibilities and just saying a high flow 255 doesnt mean much when there's so many different models and different limits on those models. Take my car for instance. (Your wiring and mine are exactly the same) Your fuel pump right now is only seeing about 9-10v to the pump due to poor wiring and accessories running on your car (lights, heater, stereo etc) that cuts it's efficiency 30% so a pump that claims high flow is still limited by the car. Now consider that the different models of 255's, one pump 312, 340, 342 all have different actual flow number even though they are all "255". the 312 will at most get you to 450 but the other are flow a little more.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next