WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any winter mods going on out there?

+11
Krutch21
WLDHRSE
Wolvee
phrostygurl
BRADTHEBLADE
Shady
wingedone
BraMas
1fstroush
Eturner
Danstang
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Any winter mods going on out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any winter mods going on out there?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:00 am

no... I am getting a medical discharge..... they think i might have a liver disease!! And I might go blind in 10 years or so!!! My wife just enlisted to go active duty as a Human Intelligence Collector... basically she is gonna be a interrogator!!

Back to top Go down

Any winter mods going on out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any winter mods going on out there?

Post by BraMas Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:09 am

This thread has gotten really funny all of a sudden :*popcorn*:
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:14 am

the turbos and fuel system are jus a possibility..... see how the cash happens!!! but the rest is all lined up!!! Thanx for your faith Tim!! Just remember all the aftermarket stuff on my car was paid by the tax payers!! LOL!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:26 am

Maxstealth04 wrote:the turbos and fuel system are jus a possibility..... see how the cash happens!!! but the rest is all lined up!!! Thanx for your faith Tim!! Just remember all the aftermarket stuff on my car was paid by the tax payers!! LOL!!!

Same here lol, and i want to thank the tax payers for the pay raise i got this year and the stage 5 blower port i get to do with it :*woohoo*:
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:48 am

4.10's are too much gear for Turbos.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:50 am

too much??? I was actually lookn at 4.30 but there goes driving it every day!! LOL!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:01 am

There too much for a turbo car you'll run out of gear before the turbos start making real power.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:04 am

on the track..... but what about everyday!!???

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:25 am

Especially on the street... They'll be fun mid range 30-60 but not above/below that.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:39 am

stick with a more "factory gearing" for drivablity. mostly if your looking to be able to keep it on the street.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 pm

yeah..... brad helped me decided to not get the turbos..... so Im gonna go 4.30s and a wet spray kit!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:18 am

really zack if you want to do turbos, just save your pennies and plan out your build. if your goin to do turbos in the future then why wast your money by getting 4.30's now? plan it out and take it in steps, you'll save money and be alot happier in the end.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:12 pm

I talked to a guy in MI that reworks heads.... and he told me he can rework mine... to where everything I plan on doing to it.... minus the spray.... he can help get me around 400hp with out the spray!! Suggested if I go spray to get better rods, pistons and crank!!! Basically what I am looking at right now.... 4.10s (all the people I talk to say 4.30s are too much gear except brad)
BBK SSI Intake
Cam (people I talked to said if I stay stock heads to go a split duration cam... but get the E303 if I get the head work)
BBK Headers
MSD Ignition Kit (box, distr., wires, and coil)
24lbs fuel injectors
80MM Mass Air meter calibrated for 24lbs injectors
Fuel Pump 255lph
200 Amp Alt

I know you all think I am crazy for changing my mind so much.... but since im not a mechanic.... gotta go with what smarter people than me say!! LOL!! And at the end of March/April.... it will all be in my car!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Your gonna use 4.30's on a daily driver? Good luck with gas mileage. Hope you don't use the highway as much as I do, you'll be turning some good RPM's. Tim's got 4.10's though and does OK, maybe you'll be making a good choice. Can't wait to see it run.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Me either!! I thought about 4.30s.... but than 1. Gas millage down the highway... not good and 2. going down the strip.... my car would be all revved out!! LOL!! It would help me out a lot off the start which is want i need... but my top end would go down more!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:35 pm

I have every intention of putting 4.30's in my car when and if I ever get this IRS in
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:07 pm

yeah... but tim you race more than I do!! How often do I go to the track??

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:41 am

Cool We can't call what you do Zak as going to the track.
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 am

LOL!!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboy kyle Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:06 am

wow u guys sure do love bashing on zack how nice or not

cowboy kyle
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 88
Humor : quit laughin because i am a tick tack
My Ride/Rides: : 1994 mustang gt red

http://myspace.com/countrytruckman84

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:43 pm

And So it begins:

Any winter mods going on out there? - Page 2 SDC10127
Any winter mods going on out there? - Page 2 SDC10132
Any winter mods going on out there? - Page 2 SDC10136

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Your putting a bigger MAF and injectors on a stock motor?
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:55 pm

not right now... and it wont be stock when im done.... did you put a cobra motor in a non cobra car?

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:16 pm

I was just asking. :^drunk^:
But lets compare the question from both of us
My ? Bigger Maf and Injectors on stock motor = no improvement
Your ? Cobra Motor instead of a NPI POS 2V = 100 hp gain
Your right I was stupid for doing that :*bonk(: Very Happy
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cnews85 Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:28 pm

I have quite a few things to do that I didn't get to last year. A Comp Eng. 8 pt cage to install, Hurst line lock, new billet alt bracket, new 5 pt harnesses and I need a new Weld rim that my slicks are bolted to, it's bent might be an understatement.
CAN'T WAIT FOR HEAT!!! :^drunk^:
cnews85
cnews85
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 48
My Name: : Clyde
My Ride/Rides: : 91 Mustang Coupe, White
Mods: : Many, too many to list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next