WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris' Supercharger thread hi-jacking

Go down

Chris' Supercharger thread hi-jacking Empty Re: Chris' Supercharger thread hi-jacking

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:Fo sho! We'll definitely be raising hell!!! Hopefully by next summer I'll have my Vortech Supercharger on and Pat willl have his Kenne Bell on and that would be a SICK race!!!
Whining and whistling superchargers all over Gwood! Very Happy :*drive*:

U do whatever it takes to get down here! U and Pat both!!

Quick question.....
What's the cheapest (new or used) I could get a Vortech Supercharger for??

Here I go again thinkin of things in my head that I don't have the money for right now....i gotta stop doin that.....but hopefully i will by next summer!

1st thing is you need to hit up svtperformance.com and look at there market section. (when) you are ready to buy and have selected what you want, then if its ok with Zak i would ask zak about it cause he knows more of the people on there than I and could say dont trust that dude or go for it :*woohoo*:
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Chris' Supercharger thread hi-jacking Empty Re: Chris' Supercharger thread hi-jacking

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:45 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:Fo sho! We'll definitely be raising hell!!! Hopefully by next summer I'll have my Vortech Supercharger on and Pat willl have his Kenne Bell on and that would be a SICK race!!!
Whining and whistling superchargers all over Gwood! Very Happy :*drive*:

U do whatever it takes to get down here! U and Pat both!!

Quick question.....
What's the cheapest (new or used) I could get a Vortech Supercharger for??

Here I go again thinkin of things in my head that I don't have the money for right now....i gotta stop doin that.....but hopefully i will by next summer!

Depends on what all you want. Intercooled versus non-intercooled. How big of a head unit: s or t. Whether you want satin or polished. There are all kinds of factors to consider. But let me know when you are ready and what you want and I will keep my eye open. Another good person to talk to is Brandon (stanglover2358). He had a vortech on his 98 and then switched to procharger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:03 pm

I will ask my buddy Jason about his Vortech.....He's puttin one on his 97 Cobra.....All I heard him say was intercooled Vortech.....He's puttin it on tomorrow. I think he said he got everything for around $3000. Not sure where he got it from.

I hung out with another Jason last night (03sm)(03 silver Cobra) that was talkin about superchargers and it kinda made me want one.... :*burnout*:

So I thought I would see about how much they run for and save up some money and possibly get one next spring or summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Ya you can find them for good deals if you know where to look. I believe Brandon got his D1 procharger for 2300 shipped with injectors, maf, and other accessories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:10 pm

WOW! Don't know much about Prochagers and Superchargers.

Is there a preference when dealing with certain kinds of mustangs?? What would u reccomend for my car??

Couple people got me goin on Superchargers the other day and I've always thought about puttin one on when I get the money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:24 pm

Depends on whether you want roots or centrifugal supercharger. Roots is going to be instant boost while the centri builds boost at higher rpms. There are all kinds of superchargers: Paxton, Vortech, Procharger, Whipple, Saleen, Kenne Bell. The most well known for your kind of car would probably be vortech, procharger, and kenne bell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Yeah I've heard a lot of talk about Kenne Bell's and Vortech's.

Is there a differnce in HP gain between the roots style and the centri style??

If I narrowed it down to Kenne Bell and Vortech.....which would you reccomend? And is there a big difference in price between the two?

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Chris, please open a new thread to continue discussing the superchargers Smile
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:Yeah I've heard a lot of talk about Kenne Bell's and Vortech's.

Is there a differnce in HP gain between the roots style and the centri style??

If I narrowed it down to Kenne Bell and Vortech.....which would you reccomend? And is there a big difference in price between the two?

It will depend on how much boost you run and what you really plan on doing with the car. For a street car I would go roots/twin screw but for track the centri is the way to go. I'm kind of a fan of the twin screw though, but I may be biased since I had the whipple. Generally the roots/twin screw are more expensive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:20 pm

I'm not lookin for anything that involves the track. So I guess the way to go would be roots/twin screw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:29 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:I'm not lookin for anything that involves the track. So I guess the way to go would be roots/twin screw.

We can continue this convo in the new thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down