WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My car is TOO slow.... =(

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My car is TOO slow.... =( Empty My car is TOO slow.... =(

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:12 pm

14.15 at the track a couple weeks ago.... Sad

Havent been on here in awhile cause I've been really busy so I'm not sure if you guys remember me....
My car is 03 Stage 2 Roush.....Only mod is an offroad X-pipe.

Is that a bad time or is it reasonable??

HELP!!!!!! scratch

Back to top Go down

My car is TOO slow.... =( Empty Re: My car is TOO slow.... =(

Post by FRCE_FED Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:34 am

1st time at the track?!? post your timeslip for starters Smile

did the tires hook at all??
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:29 am

First time I've ever raced any car down the track!

Tires didn't hook well at all. Just have some Sumitoma's on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:21 am

That's not horrible considering it was your first time at the track. More practice and you should be able to bring those times down. Better, stickier tires would definitely help with your times also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Hey that's much better than mine dude! :?curses?:
Congrats!

I guess I need to go to the track more!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Yeah I definately wasn't very confident seeing as it was first time ever down the track. Wasn't really sure what RPM's to leave at. I just need some pointers and some practice.....and maybe a COBRA!!!....maybe an 03/04....I think that would definately help! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Tyara,

I was pretty nervous I'm not gonna lie....I just need to workin on some mods and get some more practice in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:02 pm

practice and tires and a good launch you'll see 13's. i'm in the 13's. hoping for mid 13's with gears....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Yeah man. That's awsome for a 1st time!!! Be proud man. My 1st time at the track was a 14.8 haha.

I've got her down to a mid 13's now... but she has low 13's in her... i just cant drive lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:44 pm

I think practice is the best thing cause I suck at driving!

I'm hopin to maybe get some 4:10's soon.

I was pretty proud of myself for my first time! But I've only had the car about 4 months and am still kinda gettin used to it. And I suck at driiving too "Maniac"

The only thing is.....The only thing I've done to it is an offroad X-pipe. Other than that it's stock.

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:52 pm

yeah man that time seems about right on the money where did u run your car at??
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:30 pm

ORP a few tuesdays ago.

Stock except for an offroad X-pipe.....Plus I can't drive for ****!

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:28 pm

that really seems about right man u will run 13's if perfect driving or u take all your seats out and run at a better track like stevi
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Well I have no problem letting someone else drive my car down the track to see what it can really do! One mistake I made was that I had a full tank of gas so I'm not sure how much time that took off.

U think the body kit that is on it weighs very much and would slow it down very much??

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:38 pm

Maybe the body kit and gas had some effect (weight may slow you up a couple tenths), but I'd say just make some more passes and get the practice in. Hitting the shift points and getting off the line w/o spinning the wheels makes a world of difference.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:04 pm

Yeah the tires spinning definitely hurt me. Didn't get off the line very well at all. What RPM's should I leave at??

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:05 pm

depends on the tires,
1) if you heat them up or not,
2) Are you dumping the clutch or easing out of it?

I would think that easing off of the clutch at 3500 will get you moving but lets hear from Stevie and PAT (the v8 new edge guys)
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:14 pm

well....i have yet to find the right rpm...i've been dropping it since i got the nitto's and thats not helping at all. I'm gonna order some new tires on friday and work on trying out just some street tires...I think if you just feel the clutch out you should be good...just don't let it slip...i try not to.

BTW where do you run it? cause if that was at ORP that is a very VERY respectable time

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:34 pm

SteviGX wrote:well....i have yet to find the right rpm...i've been dropping it since i got the nitto's and thats not helping at all. I'm gonna order some new tires on friday and work on trying out just some street tires...I think if you just feel the clutch out you should be good...just don't let it slip...i try not to.

BTW where do you run it? cause if that was at ORP that is a very VERY respectable time

Steve Smile :_lol_:

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:ORP a few tuesdays ago.

Stock except for an offroad X-pipe.....Plus I can't drive for ****!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:40 am

As far as the body kit it does add a little weight, but it also provides better aerodynamics so it really shouldn't affect your time. The best thing you could do to drop your times is more practice and add some tires or gears. As far as what to leave at that is going to get all kinds of different answers, you just need to find what is best for you and your car.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:16 pm

I'm just droppin the clutch.....just wasn't sure what RPM to leave at.
I think on my best run I left at around 3000 so I was close to 3500.

The only place I've run my car is at ORP. So I guess that is a very respectable time Stevie?

I definitely need some more practice thats for sure! I'm thinkin about puttin some 4:10s in soon. Will puttin in new gears take awhile to get used to??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:50 pm

o hell yeah that is!

I'm gonna be serious...ORP has no traction...lol. Maybe you went on the good day like i did last year. I got a 13.98 on street tires after mac nationals last year. but yeah man. Definately a good time.

I will know the answer to the gears question soon. I hope at least

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:I'm just droppin the clutch.....just wasn't sure what RPM to leave at.
I think on my best run I left at around 3000 so I was close to 3500.

The only place I've run my car is at ORP. So I guess that is a very respectable time Stevie?

I definitely need some more practice thats for sure! I'm thinkin about puttin some 4:10s in soon. Will puttin in new gears take awhile to get used to??

It doesn't take long to get used to. You just need to make sure you take time to let them break-in.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:52 pm

steve, pat .... did you dump the clutch with street tires? im thinking it would be better to ease off of the clutch until he can get some DR's?
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Well thanks Stevi! Like I said, that was my FIRST time ever down the track in any car. So I was excited when I saw the time! I'm not sure if it was a good night or not.....The traction wasn't the best, but it wasn't too bad. There were some cars hookin. Tell me how I happend to line up beside an 04 Cobra two of the 4 times I went down the track?
scratch He ran somethin like a 12.50 and was mad!...lol

Pat,
I've heard that it doesn't take too long to get used to.....Is it more fun to drive on the streets with the 4:10s? Do the gears make it harder to drive on the streets when your stoppin a lot?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next