WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

05+ GMS control arm warning

Go down

05+ GMS control arm warning Empty 05+ GMS control arm warning

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Posted by PSI Performance on another board. These are Granatelli LCA's (Not my favorite company!)

GMS CONTROLL ARM WARNING. check them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i test drive a customers car today due to a claimed noise from the read end upon relase of the throttle to deleration...

This car makes about 450 rwhp with nothing more then a whipple and suspension upgrades.

Did a viusal inspection and didnt see anything visualy wrong bushings looked good didnt see any kind of problems visualy so we diced to test drive it.

i'm dirivng up the road i acellerate mildy from 35-45 and then release the gas to decelerate in gear and BOOM the rear end jumps up in the air and starts swinging around on me

By some miracle of god I managed to steer the sliding car into a parking lot entrance limiting the damage to just what the tire did to the fender lip. and some damage to the rim.

what happened ?

The CAST aluminum end they used in the controll arm failed.
The threads flat out just pulled off on the cast end allowing the controll arm to drop down and dig into the ground when i let off the gas and the car was decelrating.

I will get pics up later today when i have a chance to remove them off the car but the end was threaded more then half its length into the tube and the lock nut had been tightened .. it did not just unscrew it actualy pulled apart the cast aluminum end failed.

Just a warning for those using this controll arm CHECK THEM FREQUENTLY. check the lock nut and see if you can tighten it and pull the end out of the tube with it.

Back to top Go down