WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11

+14
wingedone
95wickedillusions
BraMas
Unmanned
MuscleStang
Batman
Wldflly
Black On Black
Spartan Mustang
GreyGhost
PAINTERDUDE
BRADTHEBLADE
Eturner
Danstang
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11 Empty Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11

Post by Danstang Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:25 am

There is no construction to ruin the day in Eaton Rapids this year! The Memorial Day parade is planned once again and we are looking forward to another great event. We will be posting more plans here in the near future, so please keep an eye on this thread for the latest information. The last time we had the parade in town here, we had 22 Mustangs show up for the Wildhorses to honor our fallen soldiers. This year, I think we can easily top that.

Line-up is at 9:30am on Marlin St. (behind the Family Fare grocery store on the south side of Eaton Rapids).
Parade begins at 11:00am with a flyover from military A-10's.
After the parade we will drive to nearby parking lot for a photo opportunity.
After the photo opp, we will go to the main park (the Howe Field parking lot on Knight St.) where we were back in 2009.

Our BEST behavior is expected during this parade by everyone----NO BURNOUTS or tire chirping during the parade.

We will be having a potluck style cookout at the Howe Athletic Fields/Park right after the parade with yard games, 50/50 raffle, and good times. Hopefully we'll time to discuss some upcoming events and such, also. The club will supply hot dogs, brats, plates and forks, and condiments. We're looking for members to bring some other sides, chips,desserts, and drinks to complete the potluck.

More detail are forthcoming, we will post 'em soon.

Some 2009 Memorial Day pics:

Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11 Dscf2312
Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11 MemorialDay2009328
Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11 MemorialDay2009333

Last edited by Danstang on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:10 am; edited 6 times in total
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11 Empty Re: Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11

Post by Danstang Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:31 am

Oh yeah, we were on the Noon News channel 6 in 2009:

Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11 Th_WildhorsesMemorialParade2009
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11 Empty Re: Past Event: Memorial Day Parade and cookout 5/30/11

Post by Eturner Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:17 pm

Wasn't there a few other news clips with us on that year??..
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Yeah, can't seem to find 'em though. There somewhere in one of my Photobuckets I think.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Post them up if you can find them...
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:28 am

at least this year ill have a car worth being in this parade.lol no more pos fox body.(not calling fox bodies pos'es just the one i took threw this parade) lol!
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by PAINTERDUDE Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:34 am

Looks like fun, I may try to make it. Dansville puts on a really good parade too, May have to flip a coin but I'm sure they won't have 22 Mustangs in Dansville.
PAINTERDUDE
PAINTERDUDE
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 161
Humor : If you can read this, your too damn close.
My Name: : Lyle
My Ride/Rides: : 1996 Mustang GT
Mods: : Custon tri-coat silver and black paint. Marbelized racing stripes. Eibach 2 inch lowering springs.

Back to top Go down

Post by PAINTERDUDE Thu May 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Do you guys have a car show after the parade like you do in september? I'm itching to enter my car in a show on a sunny day to see how it does. Just wondering.
PAINTERDUDE
PAINTERDUDE
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Mods: : Custon tri-coat silver and black paint. Marbelized racing stripes. Eibach 2 inch lowering springs.

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Thu May 05, 2011 9:54 pm

I may be able to go to this. I have to save my pennys for gas. LOL! omgno

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 am

We should be there!!...
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Mustang Fri May 06, 2011 4:38 pm

I will be there!
Spartan Mustang
Spartan Mustang
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 13
My Name: : Jim
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Mustang Roush stage 2
Mods: : Stage 1 styling (Air Dam, Side skirts, replaced wing with OEM GT spoiler ( Like the look))
18" AR razor rims
3" Cowl hood
Stage 1 side exhaust upgrade
Steeda CAI
Carbon Fiber valve covers
Venom high performance fuel injectors
Accel super coil on plug
Stage 2 suspension system
and much more........

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat May 07, 2011 12:08 am

PAINTERDUDE wrote:Do you guys have a car show after the parade like you do in september? I'm itching to enter my car in a show on a sunny day to see how it does. Just wondering.
Not after this one, but we all do go to a parking lot and fill it full of 'stangs.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat May 07, 2011 12:17 am

We will be posting the info up shortly here on the parade and cookout after. If anyone has some lawn games, bring 'em along! We will also be listing what we may need for the cookout (bring-a-dish deal).
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Sat May 07, 2011 6:52 pm

We have a few yard games to bring. Also, I talked to Bessie and her car was in the paint shop for the trip to the Air Zoo. She is looking forward to the parade. Just let us know what to bring. Cool

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon May 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Well we are 2 weeks away, so we need to iron out some details. When I get home tonight, I'll start with where to meet and at what time and send out some reminders.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Tue May 17, 2011 12:10 am

Please return to the start of this thread for the most up-to-date details and info!

WHO ALL WILL BE ATTENDING? This is usually a big event for us, lets show 'em how it's done!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Mustang Tue May 17, 2011 9:56 am

We will be there. Trying to drag my father along with his 04 yellow convert also.
Spartan Mustang
Spartan Mustang
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 13
My Name: : Jim
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Mustang Roush stage 2
Mods: : Stage 1 styling (Air Dam, Side skirts, replaced wing with OEM GT spoiler ( Like the look))
18" AR razor rims
3" Cowl hood
Stage 1 side exhaust upgrade
Steeda CAI
Carbon Fiber valve covers
Venom high performance fuel injectors
Accel super coil on plug
Stage 2 suspension system
and much more........

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Tue May 17, 2011 3:43 pm

We will be there for the parade at least. May have to take off afterwards, depends on if I can get off work or not...
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Tue May 17, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm in! Cool We will bring a couple bags of chips to share.

Last edited by GreyGhost on Sat May 28, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Wed May 18, 2011 10:26 am

Cool Sandy and I will be there
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wldflly Wed May 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Brian has to work and I don't know if its my holiday for the kids or not but if it is me and the kids will be there!!
Wldflly
Wldflly
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Female Number of posts : 137
Humor : "Why ride a pony when you can have a stallion!!"
My Name: : Bry
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT Blue

Mods: : 4:10 gears, magnaflow exhaust, tuner chip,custom painted chameleon rims (for now)

https://www.facebook.com/bryanne.talant

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu May 19, 2011 12:11 am

Wldflly wrote:Brian has to work and I don't know if its my holiday for the kids or not but if it is me and the kids will be there!!
I'm gonna have to break out the 2 small grills if Brian cannot make it. May need someone to assist grilling dog, brats, and such.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sat May 21, 2011 12:52 am

Lets doooooooooo this my2cents
Batman
Batman
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 40
Humor : I only do what the voices in my head tell me to do
My Name: : Chad
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang 3.8L,1993 Honda CBR 1000,1995 Yukon,1998 Dodge Ram 1500 W/snowplow,Dune Buggy Rail
Mods: : Kong KTune rims 16's,Magnaflow Stainless with 3" tips cat back,Pauls Performance tune's/SCT,T-5 Trans,8.8 Rear end with 373 gears stock sway bar,Custom paint job-orange with black flaming horse,tinted windows,K&N Cool Air Intake,BBK 65mm throttle body,B&M pro short throw shifter,ford racing springs

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Tue May 24, 2011 3:36 pm

I remember last time there was a moment of silence, and then at the end Dan motioned for the whole group to start their cars and do a little revving. Are we going to do that again this year?.. Just thought it would be cool to do it again as it did get mentioned on all the local news.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by PAINTERDUDE Tue May 24, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm almost posative I will be there. Got a lot going on that weekend but the drive is't bad so I will do my best to make it.
PAINTERDUDE
PAINTERDUDE
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next