WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise

+6
JUSTAGT
Eturner
BRADTHEBLADE
Black On Black
BraMas
Danstang
10 posters

Go down

What would you choose to do?

Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise I_vote_lcap27%Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise I_vote_lcap13%Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise I_vote_lcap60%Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 9 ]
Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise I_vote_lcap0%Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise Empty Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise

Post by Danstang Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Hello everyone! As I mentioned at the last meeting while bowling, I'd like to get some input for our "kick-off" cruise that we run in May to start off the 2011 cruising season. The past two years have been great for the club when we've cruised to the auto museums in Auburn, IN. I would like to see that grow into something large some day, but I also don't want to get too repetitive with this (unless we can come up with more or something else to do there). There are new owners of the old Kruse auto auctions there, Auctions America by RM are now the new owners of the entire facility in Auburn and they are having the annual spring classic car auction April 28th thru May 1st. Even if you are not there to buy, it is event to enjoy (tons of great cars to look at, a swap meet, and many food vendors). Me, I've always loved looking at those museums and looking at some classics, but I cannot speak for everyone----we all have different views.

Click here for Auctions America's site-------->Auctions America by RM
There is a $10 admission for a daily pass, children 12 years and under will gain free admission.

Click here for The Henry Ford Museum's site------->The Henry Ford Museum
The ticket prices here are $15 for adult, $11 for youth (5-12), under 5 free

Click here for--------->Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum
Click here for--------->National Military History Center
The other museum prices in Auburn are in the $7-$8 range for adults

So, what I will do is also run a poll to help us out in planning this next kick-off event. We'd like to hear your opinions!

Last edited by Danstang on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise Empty Re: Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise

Post by Danstang Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:48 pm

I'll tell you what I clicked on, the auction in Auburn, mainly because I know of at least 2 other Mustang clubs that would definitely meet us (one from NW Ohio and one from Ft. Wayne, IN with the possibility of more).

But that's just me, I am open to anything. I NEED to hear opinions from others!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise Empty Re: Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise

Post by BraMas Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:53 pm

My vote is the Henry Ford Museum! The Auction is not really a Family Fun type of event. Plus Greenfield Village is also part of the Henry Ford
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:08 am

Yeah, that was an afterthought. That place looks cool.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:41 am

Cool Had 1 day at Henry Ford and Greenfield Village last year and can't wait to go back.
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:42 am

i voted for the same old event becouse i like getting together with the other clubs and it is a nice drive down we already do events towards detroit threw the summer.but i am open to something diff as much as i like looking at the clasics my family seems to be less interested each time.they enjoyed sonic better than the museum last year.all i heard was i already seen that.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:43 pm

We have been to the car and military ones in In. Both are really good. Also there is a really cool restaurant down there (not sure where exactly) called the Quacker Stake & Lube. Place looks like an old style garage with cars on lifts and all. Me and the wife stoped at one in Ohio, it was a pretty cool place with good food. We ate under a 2009 Shelby GT500. If any one is interested we can find out where it is. Or the Henry Ford Museum is good one too. I just hope I can finally go on the cruise this year.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by JUSTAGT Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:28 pm

I have lived here in Lansing my entire life and have never been to Henry Ford so I vote for that!!!
JUSTAGT
JUSTAGT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 97
My Name: : Debbie
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Red Fire Metallic GT and 2005 F150 Lariat
Mods: : Ford racing suspension kit, Cervini hood, cold air intake, Forte rims, shorty antenna, personalized plate, sequential tail lights and other goodies I don't even understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by JUSTAGT Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:35 pm

There is one of those Quaker Steak and Lubes on 28th in GR - maybe a trip there as a group for a lunch?
JUSTAGT
JUSTAGT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 97
My Name: : Debbie
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Red Fire Metallic GT and 2005 F150 Lariat
Mods: : Ford racing suspension kit, Cervini hood, cold air intake, Forte rims, shorty antenna, personalized plate, sequential tail lights and other goodies I don't even understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 pm

That sounds cool to me!!!....
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise Empty Cruise beckoning..

Post by StateGT Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:58 am

As we aren't really members yet , but really enjoyed last year's Cruise , the promise of warm weather next week really gets me thinking of taking my baby out from under her car cover , but too early. We had such a good time last year , we suggested friends go down. They had a great time , but didn't save time for the Cord Museum. They ended up in the building behind it and thought that was really interesting.
It was fun to meet with the other clubs I loved the cop passing us , think he was wishing he was in a Mustang.
Henry Ford would be good , too. Haven't been there for years and I hear they've moved a lot of the Village things around.
Anyone for lunch in St Ignace ? Would be cool to have a string of Mustangs going over the Bridge. You've probably done that.People could return home or stay overnight. The St Ignace Comfort Inn is always nice , right on Lake Huron and much , much less expensive than anything on the South side of the Bridge.
I feel I shouldn't vote as we haven't done 3 activities yet.

Barb ,
Colorado Red 06 GT

StateGT
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 28
My Name: : Barb
My Ride/Rides: : 06 Colorado Red GT coupe . Winter ride 08 Caravan to haul day care kids around and avoid SUV drivers who can't drive in Winter conditions.
Mods: : Seqential tail lights , shock tower covers , lots of bevels , "chrome" mirror and door handle covers , shortie antenna , interior dress ups , Ford Factory bra for stone protection , fits better than others we tried , car cover for Winter storage.

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Barb go ahead and vote we want to do what anyone that wants to do stuff with us to voice an opinion. We understand we can not do what everyone wants to do but if we do what the majority wants to do we are doing something right.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Looking for input for the 2011 Kick-off Cruise Empty Quaker Steak and Lube..

Post by StateGT Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:55 pm

quote="JUSTAGT"]There is one of those Quaker Steak and Lubes on 28th in GR - maybe a trip there as a group for a lunch?[/quote]

Just saw it a few weeks ago , but didn't have time to stop. Parking lot was full though.

StateGT
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

My Ride/Rides: : 06 Colorado Red GT coupe . Winter ride 08 Caravan to haul day care kids around and avoid SUV drivers who can't drive in Winter conditions.
Mods: : Seqential tail lights , shock tower covers , lots of bevels , "chrome" mirror and door handle covers , shortie antenna , interior dress ups , Ford Factory bra for stone protection , fits better than others we tried , car cover for Winter storage.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:10 am

man i dont care if its around the block i just want to put the top down and get her out.lol in all honesty i think any of these will be good after all this club is great to spend time with it dont matter what were doing.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by StateGT Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Any date for the Cruise yet ?

Can't wait for the snow to be gone again.

StateGT
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Dates to be finalized shortly, but I think I'm leaning toward April 30th right now.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PAINTERDUDE Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:40 pm

I have never joined the cruise either but we were just talking about taking the kids to Greenfield Village this summer. My only question/concern is the last time I was there the parking lot was just like going to the mall, how can we all park together and how do we keep the mini van crowd from door dinging our rides? One other thing I wonder about, the last time we went we spent the whole day at Greenfield Village and never made it to the Museum. Just too much to see in one trip. Would we all go our seperate ways once we get there? I'll bet if we stuck together as a group it would take all day to see one or the other, just asking... not looking to hold hands or anything else for that matter roflmao I'd like to attend, but then again I've never been to the museums in Auburn either so that would be great to see too, probably wouldn't drag the kids to that though.

I guess I'm voting for the museums in Auburn but I think the crowd is leaning toward Greenfield Village.
PAINTERDUDE
PAINTERDUDE
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 161
Humor : If you can read this, your too damn close.
My Name: : Lyle
My Ride/Rides: : 1996 Mustang GT
Mods: : Custon tri-coat silver and black paint. Marbelized racing stripes. Eibach 2 inch lowering springs.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:08 am

Roll in like we did at holiday world! lol, we had front row and cops looking after the rides for us... had a great time out there. wish we could do it again.
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 pm

I would guess everyone would go there separate ways when we got to Greenfield village/HFM.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StateGT Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:58 pm

See Spring Cruise date to Henry Ford is May 14th. Any other info yet ? Where are you meeting and when ? Chomping at the bit for the snow to be gone and the GT to come out from under its cover !
We were down in Indy last weekend for the Big Ten Women's Tournament. Had good memories of last year's cruise on the way down. Thanks for a fun day.

StateGT
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:08 pm

StateGT wrote:See Spring Cruise date to Henry Ford is May 14th. Any other info yet ? Where are you meeting and when ? Chomping at the bit for the snow to be gone and the GT to come out from under its cover !
We were down in Indy last weekend for the Big Ten Women's Tournament. Had good memories of last year's cruise on the way down. Thanks for a fun day.
Actually, the event date will be April 30th!!!! Sorry, I will make that change on the schedule right away (I must have missed that). I will get the rest of the info up hopefully tonight.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:35 pm

I voted wrong. :0( I fail. I'm down for the HF museum. :0)
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down