WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Event: Horsepower at the Zoo Benefit Car Show 9/19/10

+4
PAINTERDUDE
BRADTHEBLADE
Black On Black
Danstang
8 posters

Go down

Past Event: Horsepower at the Zoo Benefit Car Show 9/19/10 Empty Past Event: Horsepower at the Zoo Benefit Car Show 9/19/10

Post by Danstang Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:04 am

The Capital City Corvette Club and Capital Area Muscle Car Club are putting on a car show at the Potter Park Zoo in Lansing on September 19th from 10am-2:30pm.

All years, makes, and models are welcome with all net proceeds donated the the Potter Park Zoological Society.
There will be door prizes 50/50 drawings, food/drinks, and dash plaques (with 2 free zoo passes per car registration).
Trophies for People's Choice, Best of Show, Top Ten, Best Paint, Best Engine, Best Corvette, and Best Pre 1940.

Registration is $15.00 at the gate, starts at 8:30 and runs through noon.

I'd like to see a bunch of us show up for this show and bring a bunch of Mustangs to the show put on by a 'vette club (they've extended us a welcome invitation for us Blue Oval guys). I will "sticky" this message once it gets going.

Last edited by Danstang on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Horsepower at the Zoo Benefit Car Show 9/19/10 Empty Re: Past Event: Horsepower at the Zoo Benefit Car Show 9/19/10

Post by Black On Black Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:55 am

Cool I'm in if the weather is ok.
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Horsepower at the Zoo Benefit Car Show 9/19/10 Empty Re: Past Event: Horsepower at the Zoo Benefit Car Show 9/19/10

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:55 am

dash plaque.......im in lol! besides i like our little zoo and i bet the green vet will be there toetap
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:25 am

Anyone else out there interested? It would be nice to see some of those cars that made the parade out there!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by PAINTERDUDE Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:33 pm

I am tempted to go but the weather report sucks. My feet got soaked after the parade so if the weather is bad I may sit this one out, all though I'd really like to make an appearance. I already have a 1year zoo pass and go there all the time. Nice place.
PAINTERDUDE
PAINTERDUDE
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 161
Humor : If you can read this, your too damn close.
My Name: : Lyle
My Ride/Rides: : 1996 Mustang GT
Mods: : Custon tri-coat silver and black paint. Marbelized racing stripes. Eibach 2 inch lowering springs.

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:30 pm

I might be up for this. I have a AutoX on Saturday so if I can get home from that in time to clean the car back up I should be there.
Is there a meeting place and time? Once that is posted I will send out a mass e-mail to everyone
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:17 pm

How about we meet at the Meijers parking lot in LANSING, just off of Pennsylvania and Cedar at 8:30 am (near the gas station). We can leave there at 8:45 or so and go north on Pennsylvania to Potter Park.

ANY MORE TAKERS???
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:25 pm

im going to pass on this one just cant bring my self to get in my car not to mention i dont want people seeing it broke.hope you all have fun.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by JabBen Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 pm

I Cool may go off this weekend.
JabBen
JabBen
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 88
Humor : There it is
My Name: : James B
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Mustang gt Black
Mods: : Sequential tail lights Cobra fog lights Ford racing lowering spring Vortech supercharger 4:10 gears Magnaflow xpipe Flowmaster muffler sub-frame connection cat-back Cobra wheels 03 Cobra bumper gauges and gauge pod Under hood dress Dual halo projector head lights window tints

Back to top Go down

Post by JUSTAGT Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:59 pm

If the weather cooperates I'll go - wont be long and my baby will have to take its winter nap - need to get as many trips in as possible!!!
JUSTAGT
JUSTAGT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 97
My Name: : Debbie
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Red Fire Metallic GT and 2005 F150 Lariat
Mods: : Ford racing suspension kit, Cervini hood, cold air intake, Forte rims, shorty antenna, personalized plate, sequential tail lights and other goodies I don't even understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:42 pm

We need the weather needs to cooperate too! I'm game if it rains anyway, anyone got a canopy?
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 95wickedillusions Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:12 pm

sorry have to work this weekend. Would have love to have though. I'll let the kid know ut probably to early for I'm without one of us ome to wake I'm up! Lol
95wickedillusions
95wickedillusions
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 99
My Name: : Wayne Parsons
My Ride/Rides: : 95 Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUSTAGT Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:04 pm

when the weather forecast was for icky - i scheduled the pool closing so of course the weather is nice and we are stuck here. Dang it banghead
JUSTAGT
JUSTAGT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 97
My Name: : Debbie
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Red Fire Metallic GT and 2005 F150 Lariat
Mods: : Ford racing suspension kit, Cervini hood, cold air intake, Forte rims, shorty antenna, personalized plate, sequential tail lights and other goodies I don't even understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:28 pm

The show was real nice, the zoo was cool, and the weather was GREAT! The morning started off gloomy, but right around 10am the sun came out from behind the clouds and made for a nice afternoon. There were only five Mustangs there (thanks to Shelby Mike, James, and Mike with the Roush Roadster), so we didn't exactly over power the show and the 'Vettes had us WAY out numbered (put on by a Corvette club). Next year we really need to show up at this to give them a run for the money and the whole family had something to do with the zoo there in all (the river otters and the spider monkeys were my favs). I'll have some pics up in the morning.....
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down