WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Event: Back to the Bricks cruise-in 8/20/10

2 posters

Go down

Past Event: Back to the Bricks cruise-in 8/20/10 Empty Past Event: Back to the Bricks cruise-in 8/20/10

Post by Danstang Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Hey everyone, this is a Friday night event up in Flint. They are putting in a great show over this weekend and Friday night will be a great change of pace for an event. Who all is interested in attending, should be a great time! More details to come soon for heading up there, please keep your eyes open for more info! (always check the top of this thread for new details)

Last edited by Danstang on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Back to the Bricks cruise-in 8/20/10 Empty Re: Past Event: Back to the Bricks cruise-in 8/20/10

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:13 am

I may have to work that might but I'll try to let you know where the good spots are that night. I expect more cars than last year but a good crowd of Mustangs, same as last year!!!

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Back to the Bricks cruise-in 8/20/10 Empty Re: Past Event: Back to the Bricks cruise-in 8/20/10

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:17 pm

B2B Update...
I received a phone call from Doc Watson, CEO and President of Hurst Performance Vehicles the other day and he told me that he will be hosting a party at his offices which is just south of Grand Blanc on South Saginaw Street (Rolling Cruise route) with special guest ‘The First Lady of Racing, Linda Vaughn’ and George Barris who is one of the country’s premiere custom car builders. Along with Doc’s two special guests, there will also be a Hurst Performance Product Display at his offices. The party begins at 5PM and goes until ?? and Doc has extended an invitation to all. I know he does not have that big of a parking lot to accommodate all of the cruisers so be early or miss out on one great party! Doc also informed me that Hurst Performance will be unveiling two new Hurst Vehicles in downtown Flint on Saturday, August 21st. So you will want to be sure to make it downtown to see what Hurst has up their sleeves for this year. One little bit of trivia, did you know the Doc Watson and his companies are one of the ‘Back to the Bricks’ charter sponsors? Well they are and the entire ‘Back to the Bricks’ committee owes Doc and his company a sincere ‘Thank You’ for having confidence in our event which has become a tremendous boost for Genesee County and Flint’s economy. Thanks again Doc for you generous support.
One final thing (and I know I am beating a dead horse), help us remind everyone that there will be a ‘zero tolerance’ policy enforced regarding ‘burn outs’ and public consumption of alcohol in public non-authorized areas along the ‘Rolling Cruise’ route. Help us keep our event safe for all. We don’t want what happened in Selmer, Tennessee to happen here (go to YouTube to see what I am talking about). See you soon.
Cordially, Al Hatch, Chairman

Back to the Bricks Cruise and Car Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:34 am

IMPORTANT PARKING INFO FOR B2B;
Back to the Bricks announces new parking guidelines
Organizers to streamline parking to accommodate thousands at event

FLINT, Michigan – In order to accommodate the more than 250,000 spectators expected to participate in this year’s Back to the Bricks Cruise Festival, new rules have been put in place to streamline the parking situation in Downtown Flint.

On Saturday morning between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. there will be no early parking allowed on the downtown streets that will be closed to traffic for the event, including South Saginaw, Harrison and Beach streets.

Volunteers, sponsors, vendors and specific car club members (no more than two per club that are responsible for setting up their reserved street) will be allowed to enter early with an approved gate pass.

Staged parking (first in, first out) will take place between Interstate 69 north to Court Street and from the north in the University of Michigan – Flint parking lot located at Saginaw Street and Robert T. Longway Boulevard.

“This is new for this year and hopefully having an orderly staged parking program will better facilitate our utilization of parking,” said Al Hatch, event chairman. “This should alleviate the problems we’ve had with early arrivals.”

Also, from 2 a.m. until 6 a.m. Saturday morning, the City of Flint Police will be checking to ensure that vehicles parked on the aforementioned sections of South Saginaw, Harrison and Beach have been moved. Vehicles parked on those streets after 5 a.m. are at risk of being towed.

This event, like Back to the Bricks itself, is totally free and does not require registration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:54 am

Here's most of the clubs that will be officially represented, and they will have reserved parking.
• Antique Auto Club of America, Flint Region
• Bay City Boys
• Buicktown Chapter - Buick Club of America
• Burton Buggy Club
• Capital City Old Car Club
• Coachman Car Club
• Cruisin Cousins
• Desired Image
• Detroit Area Amphicar Club
• Flaming Pistons of Waterford
• Flaming Pistons of Chesaning
• Flint Corvette Club
• Flint Finest Ford & Friends
• Flint Gear Grinders
• Flint Street Machine Association
• Four AM Cruisers
• Holly Antique Car Club
• Lower Michigan Chevrolet Club
• Michigan Cruisers
• Michigan Shifters
• Mid-Michigan Mach 1 Mustang Club
• Mid-Michigan Modern Muscle Car Club
• Mid-Michigan Mustang Club
• The Nightmares
• Oldies But Goodies
• Professional Car Society
• Rainbow Corvette
• Rods & Relics
• "Script A" Region of Model A Restorers Club
• Studebaker Club
• Team Corvette

• Trend Setta's Corvette Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:05 am

Here's a link to the cruise route and most importantly, where the bathrooms are!
http://backtothebricks.org/rollingcruise/documents/rolling_cruise_map.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks for all that great info mrvids!

Who from our group is planning in going friday night? We really need to know ASAP so we can figure out when and where to meet. I get out of work around 3pm (I will try for earlier), is anyone going any earlier?
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabBen Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:41 pm

i`m in
JabBen
JabBen
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 88
Humor : There it is
My Name: : James B
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Mustang gt Black
Mods: : Sequential tail lights Cobra fog lights Ford racing lowering spring Vortech supercharger 4:10 gears Magnaflow xpipe Flowmaster muffler sub-frame connection cat-back Cobra wheels 03 Cobra bumper gauges and gauge pod Under hood dress Dual halo projector head lights window tints

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:19 am

I'm not sure if we'll be able to secure a spot for the club to park if we don't hear from more.......and if someone can't get there early. Still won't stop us from going though.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:40 am

They have over 30 clubs with secured spots for the show Saturday morning.
Last year the Mustang club was parked near the north end of the show, right near the river. Linda Vaughn and Shirley Muldowney will be making appearances this week as well as Doc Watson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:15 pm

If you hit the cruise on Friday night, avoid downtown Saginaw Street if possible. Tonight with no special events taking place it was a parking lot. From I-69 south traffic was slow but the farther south you went the less congested it became.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:24 am

It's looking as though only a couple of us a possibly coming up, Friday night work is making things difficult for us as a group to get there. Sad
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:04 am

Weather permitting, I'll be there first thing Saturday morning. I'll be trying to arrive at opening time, but I may just park on a side street & enjoy everyone else's car.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Just got home from work, about a 1/2 hour ago! I was unexpectedly short handed today and couldn't leave when I wanted. Looks like I may have to pass tonight. Now I'm thinking of attendind either B2B or Woodward, never been to either. The way things are looking at Bricks, we may really need to look into securing a spot next year and show all those other clubs that we can attend as a larger group like 28th St. It would have been just James and myself the things panned out this year.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Hey mrvids, you did a great job getting info posted on here for this cruise-in! We really need to put something together so this group can show up in force as we do other events.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:13 am

I'm going in this morning to help the wife get some things done at her work, I'll probably head down the the bricks late in the afternoon, early evening Saturday. If someone heads there for dinner or lunch check out Wise Guys pizza. I'm not a salad guy but the bowls they give you are the size of football helmets. Pizza is good and reasonable too. They are in the 500 block of Saginaw Street, in the middle of the car show parking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down