WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Molly may be outta comish for a while...

2 posters

Go down

Molly may be outta comish for a while... Empty Molly may be outta comish for a while...

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 am

Well last night i commenced to bump my timing up but before i did I hear the dreaded faint knocking again...(after putting longer rods in about a month ago,) so now I'm gonna have to tear her down and replace the lifters... also gonna have to replace the rear main seal cuz i'm leaving more tranny fluid in my driveway than the mid east has oil...
so couple of questions: Do the injectors just pull out and if i disconnect the Battery and bleed the rail will i be fine? Next question, only need to pull the upper and lower intakes correct, I dont have to pull the heads? and they should just pull out with a magnet correct?banghead

Back to top Go down

Molly may be outta comish for a while... Empty Re: Molly may be outta comish for a while...

Post by scstanger Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:27 am

Not sure about the engine internals but you can depressurize your fuel system by unplugging the shut off on the drivers side of the trunk under your tail light. It will have what looks like a red button on the top. Unplug the connector from the bottom and start your car. Let it run until it shuts off and your fuel system will be depressurized. That is if your car is the same as mine!!!!! beerchug
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Molly may be outta comish for a while... Empty Re: Molly may be outta comish for a while...

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:29 am

dang didnt think bout that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:13 pm

that or pull the fuse on the panel under the hood (driver's side) and let the car run till it runs out of gas... (for some reason the book also says to remove the gas cap before doing this, not sure why)

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 pm

cool thanks! now i just need to know if the heads come off or just the upper and lower intake... and if the injectors just "pop" out this is gonna be a trial by fire run...

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:11 pm

I think that you're gonna need some adult supervison or a good bottle of crown. Maybe both....I'm available!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:23 pm

lol! willynilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down