WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Molly may be outta comish for a while...

Go down

Molly may be outta comish for a while... Empty Molly may be outta comish for a while...

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:22 am

Well last night i commenced to bump my timing up and after putting longer rods in about a month ago, I hear the dreaded faint knocking again... so now I'm gonna have to tear her down and replace the lifters... also gonna have to replace the rear main seal cuz i'm leaving more tranny fluid in my driveway than the mid east has oil...
so couple of questions: Do the injectors just pull out and if i disconnect the Battery and bleed the rail will i be fine? Next question, only need to pull the upper and lower intakes correct, I dont have to pull the heads? banghead

Back to top Go down

Molly may be outta comish for a while... Empty Re: Molly may be outta comish for a while...

Post by scstanger Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:17 am

Not sure about the engine internals but to depressurize the fuel system you'll need to unplug the shut off on the drivers side of the trunk under your taillight. Start the car and let it shut off, your fuel system should be depressurized!!!! This is if memory serves me correctly from when I had to replace my fuel filter and your car is set up like mine.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Molly may be outta comish for a while... Empty Re: Molly may be outta comish for a while...

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Sounds right to me. I don't think pulling the heads is needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down