WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New door install

2 posters

Go down

New door install Empty New door install

Post by scstanger Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:35 am

I'm in the process of installing this new passenger door on my car and I'm following everyone's advice about removing the plastic to allow access to the wires inside the door. Now I believe the lock mechanism is what is at the bottom corner of the door. I can barely get my hand in there to reach the plug but how does it disconnect? Is there a locking tab that needs to be pushed or pryed on to release the socket? Any help is appreciated as I would like to get this done before the cruise in Saturday.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

New door install Empty Re: New door install

Post by BraMas Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:39 am

All plugs are going to have some type of tab that either needs to be pried up or pushed down. I don't remember what the tab is like on the lock
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:57 am

I thought so. I have pretty big hands so trying to grab a little plug and push or pry is difficult. I hate dented pieces!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:39 pm

I got it guys! Thanks for everyone's help. Going to take some pics tomorrow and post them here. It still needs to be painted but it isn't dented!!!!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down