WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspension

+2
BraMas
scstanger
6 posters

Go down

Suspension Empty Suspension

Post by scstanger Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Ok gang, I wanted to do gears next but apparently my car is sitting lower on the passenger rear than the rest of the car. I knew that the shocks needed to be replaced but was hoping that they could wait. Apparently not! So I am planning on lowering with springs in the near future but need to get this corrected immediately, what suggestions do you guys have for decent shocks that will work now and later after lowering? Any advice is appreciated.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Suspension Empty Re: Suspension

Post by BraMas Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:19 pm

Alot of people like the Tokico Blues
If you want adjustability I have had KYB AGX and loved them and I now have Tokico D-scec and love them even more
What ever you get make sure they say they are for a lowered vehicle. You will wear them out faster if you put a stock ride height shock/strut on a lowered car.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:21 pm

I knew that I would need lowered but wont that mess them up if the car isn't lowered yet?
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:24 pm

I just assumed you where changing your springs. FYI shocks/struts are not what determine how your car sets. If your doing them because you think it will fix your ride height it won't
Springs are what adjust height
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:10 pm

check your springs.... i know when brad (BradTheBlade) got his car all 4 springs were actually broke....

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:22 am

You know with everything else that I've had to replace on my car it wouldn't surprise me! I'll do that, thanks.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:33 am

yea they were all broke but it still sat higher than it dose now.lol
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:07 am

Well you can see how high mine rides now so it definitely needs to be lowered. I'm thinking that I will just get the spring and shock package and do all at the same time instead of piecing together. I'll post updates. Thanks guys.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:04 pm

scstanger wrote:Well you can see how high mine rides now so it definitely needs to be lowered. I'm thinking that I will just get the spring and shock package and do all at the same time instead of piecing together. I'll post updates. Thanks guys.

nice little project! make sure to post those before and after pics!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:32 pm

Will do. I plan on taking lots of pictures and doing a write up for all who try it later. I would really like to get the Eibach sport package with the sway bar's, shocks, springs and bushings. $999 is a lot of money right now though. We'll see. Wouldn't be a bad project to start spring runnings off though. Starting to feel a little shutter in the tranny at start off though so I'm hoping that my torque converter isn't going out on me. Too many projects and not enough money!!!!!!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:20 pm

sound like my tubular front suspension kit that i just installed on my mustang, it was expensive but make sure you shop around, i found a great deal from jegs and they caught it and bumped up the price now
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:51 am

That sucks man! You know that they would probably make more money by selling more units if they left them at a reasonable price. Less profit per unit + more units sold = more profit! Hello!!!!!!!!!! Good deal on the awesome price though, I sure need something like that! drunk2
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:13 am

PA Racing K w/ bolt on spring perches:
http://www.paracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30_56&products_id=144

Tokiko or Bilstein Shocks/Struts.

H&R Sport or SS springs + new bushings and you'll be happy.

If you go with the SS Springs you may need caster/camber plates, I'd get the Maximum Motorsports 4-bolt setup.

If you've never heard of MM, go here and take a look around. http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/

For any MM parts you should get on Corral and PM this member. He can get you discounted parts. http://forums.corral.net/forums/member.php?u=91741

Any parts you buy from americanmuscle.com enter: mustangboards2454 for a 6% discount.

Hope this helps. approve
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 431
My Name: : Evan
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Mustang GT,
2003 Mercury Mountaineer,
2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*
Mods: : I've got a few..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:05 am

really it doesn't matter what aftermarket company you go with. all of them will have major improvements over o.e.m. replacements. my personal recommendation, along with Sean Hyland's recommendation is KONI.

Right now ALL KONI shocks and struts are on sale, 25% OFF. which is huge for any suspension company. the have single adjustable and double adjustable. i would go for the single adjustable, just because we have street cars and not race cars. go ahead and get the KONI Yellow Sport SA and i guarantee u wont be dissappointed.

http://www.koni-na.com/cat_search.cfm?mt_id=1&my_year=1997&mak_id=17&mod_id=119&submit.x=39&submit.y=14

Let us know what you decide to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:05 am

Awesome guys, thanks. I'll be looking into everything this weekend and I'll post an update on which kit I purchase. I'm in the process or buying our house so money is a little tight for the next month. Needless to say the bigger the discount the better! Thanks again. approve
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down