WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:31 am

dove into the rear end today. got it all dissassembled, except for getting the pinion gear removed. I didn't have the proper tools to get it out, but tomorrow it's going up to the diff shop so I can get the axle tubes welded before it goes to powdercoat, and so I'll just have them pop the pinion gear out for me. Took a circular brass brush bit and my DeWalt eletric drill, and cleaned the axle tubes up, and the housing. Had some areas my small brass brush bit wouldn't get into, but the large brush bit was great for the big areas, did better than I expected it to.

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8720

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8722

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8721

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8723

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8727

Painted the stock upper and lower control arms, dust shields, and brake calipers and brackets, but I'm going to sell the UCA's/LCA's shortly, because I'm upgrading my UCA's and LCA's.

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8729

also had a friend come over and help with the headlinder. we got it out, resprayed the backing with a ton of spray adhesive, and then re-rolled it on. it's ok, it'll do for now, but eventually I'll order a brand new one. Putting it back in tomorrow morning after we run the diff up to the diff shop.

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8732

Back to top Go down

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by tarafied1 Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:59 pm

looking good man!
tarafied1
tarafied1
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 85
Humor : real cars don't power the front wheels, they lift them!
My Name: : Craig
My Ride/Rides: : 1967 Mustang Hardtop, red on red
Mods: : 429 BB, 4 wheel disc brakes, Shelby/Eleanor body mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2842869

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:35 pm

Looks good.. You will love how responsive she will be after you are done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:25 pm

stopped by and got a few pics of the engine today. they already have it painted, and the main bearings installed. just waiting on the cam and timing chain which I'll be ordering Thursday.

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8743

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8744

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8745

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:13 pm

snagged a set of anthracite bullitt wheels for $100 last night. need tires big time these things are toasted!

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8749

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_8748

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:04 pm

shortblock is completed, just paid off the final balance today, I'll be picking it up monday and getting it home on the engine stand.

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_9415

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_9416

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_9417

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_9418

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_9419

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:57 am

Dude, i think it is really awesome that you are doing this. Love the pics, and the description of everything you are doing, and have done. Keep up with the posting. I am now really interested in seeing you complete the project. Once again, this is awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:58 pm

finally it's home and on the engine stand.

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Picture003

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Picture005

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Picture010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:26 pm

Got my 8.8" rear axle and diff housing powdercoated and back home. working on getting the components to build it up
Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 _MG_9671

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 _MG_9677

Found a 94-98 Dash for $80 and the harness for $20
Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_9929

Got some 03/04 cobra rear seats
Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Picture

Ford Racing Girdle
Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 54diff_large

31 spline Cobra Limited Slip Diff
Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 M-4204-F318C

31 spline moser axles
Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Moseraxles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:34 pm

I miss your blue car but this one is coming along nicely... I like that you're put in an SN interior.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 pm

yeah i miss that car too Sad

but this one will becoming a lot more fun here in the next year.

I love the SN95 interior, it's much more comfortable and aesthetic looking, but I love the exterior of the foxes too, so I get the best of both worlds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Can't wait until that car is done, looking good! BTW, I miss the blue one too...
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Last week was not a fun week. Car was in the shop twice!

took in to get some new door actuators installed, and had a mystery coolant leak that needed to be figured out...which we did.

The coolant leak was in 2 places. The lower intake heater hose on the back side of the intake is leaking a very slow drip drop down on to the exhaust.

secondly, the gasket that goes between the block and the timing chain cover has a seeping leak, which explains why every month to month 1/2 all of my coolant is gone from the reservoir tank.

Tuesday night on the way home from school the thermostat to water pump hose burst. I barely got it home without it overheating and blowing the head gaskets.

So Wednesday I pulled the heater hoses and thermostat (turns out it was locked wide open!!! no wonder my car wouldn't warm up and my heater wasn't blowing hot air). got the thermostat housing cleaned up.

Thursday my roommate and I pulled the upper and lower intakes, scraped the old gaskets off (and they were really bad, surprised I wasn't leaking coolant there.) cleaned up the gasket surfaces, put the new gaskets on, I put the thermostat and housing on with the lower intake to make it easier on us, then we put the lower intake on and torqued it back down to spec, and then did the upper and torqued it to spec. We replaced the 2 rear heater core hoses, as well as the front 2 heater hoses (upper and lower radiator hoses were recently replaced and in excellent condition, so there was no need to replace those 2). We had to reset the timing because we removed the dizzy, then we filled the cooling system and let it warm up, and she is running a hell of a lot better than she was before, and I finally have heat too!!!

After that I took it to my friends shop, and they drained the coolant, dropped the fan clutch, fan shroud, water pump, pulley, and a/c bracket and pulled the timing chain cover off, cleaned that area up really good, and replaced the gasket that was leaking. They got everything almost back on and went to test the water pump and it was leaking when they added water. Come to find out O'Reilly's gave us the wrong gasket for the damn water pump lol. It was 11 pm at night, so we just called it quits. Got the right gasket from Advanced Auto Parts the next day, and they got it all taken care of and I have my car back now and she's running great, and the heater is working finally, and my car warms up like it's supposed to.

---------------------------------

The rear girdle and 31 spline carrier showed up the other day. I bolted the Girdle on, and it looks like pure sex!!!

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Kuvsut002

Operation Thunderhoof is Underway!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Kuvsut004

and my 31 spline fox length Moser axles showed up today!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:03 am

next 2 - 4 weeks I will be unveiling a new surprise for Operation Thunderhoof!!!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:39 pm

should be unveiling the surprise on Saturday evening if all goes well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Operation Thunderhoof has been cancelled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2