WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!)

2 posters

Go down

Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Empty Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!)

Post by tarafied1 Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Anybody from the club going to the Somerites Cruise in Somerset this weekend?

"Our specialty area is back...and boy is it! Mustang Alley returns for the August show and will feature all models, colors and variations of Mustangs that you could imagine! Cobra's, Shelby's, GT's, Mach 1's, Convertibles, Fastbacks, Coupes and more. They will all be here! Last year 222 'stangs galloped into their own special area at the Show & Shine! It was virtually a sea of Ponies! This show-within-a-show is always our most popular each year. If your Mustang club would like to cruise in together to be a part of the fun, come right on! We can park you all together.
If you are even a casual fan of Mustangs, you will certainly find something you like in Mustang Alley! Maybe a few surprises as well!"

I'll be going...

Last edited by tarafied1 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
tarafied1
tarafied1
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 85
Humor : real cars don't power the front wheels, they lift them!
My Name: : Craig
My Ride/Rides: : 1967 Mustang Hardtop, red on red
Mods: : 429 BB, 4 wheel disc brakes, Shelby/Eleanor body mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2842869

Back to top Go down

Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Empty Re: Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!)

Post by tarafied1 Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Schedule from their website:

Thursday, August 20th, 7PM-????:
Tune Up Cruise-in at Dairy Queen on US 27 (stoplight #6). We tell some cruisin' tales while enjoying some tasty ice cream! Bring your hot rod and a lawnchair for some laid back fun!

Friday, August 21st, Noon-2PM:
Early Bird Meet & Greet/Q97 Live Remote from Visitors Center! 1 block west of Kmart on Hwy 80, stop by and say "hi", FREE Pepsi's and T-shirts along with great classic rock from Classic Hits Q97!
Friday, August 21st, 6PM-10PM:
***New Location and Bigger than ever!*** Rock & Roll Block Party presented by your Somerset Walmart is now at stoplight #15 (The Center) on US 27! Over 360 showcars were at last months event! Live bands, kids attractions, great food and easy going atmosphere!
Friday, August 21st, 10PM-2AM:
Midnight Madness! This new event features unlimited passes down the dragstrip at London Dragway for only $10! Leave with a group from Somerset at approx. 9:15PM or meet everyone at the dragstrip!

Saturday, August 22nd, 8:30
AM:
The August Saturday Morning Fun Run will start from Grand Central Shopping Center, at stoplight #18 on US 27 south where participants will receive a FREE breakfast (for participants only) and a drawing will be held for one detail & cleanup package valued at $50-$75 courtesy of Grand Central Merchants! From there we head out for a visit to a local private, never before seen collection of rare musclecars and classics!

Saturday, August 22nd, 2:00PM-8:00PM:
It's The Big Show! Block after block of fantastic showcars & trucks from several states! All parked on the blocked off streets of historic downtown Somerset, Ky! Special displays, restoration and performance parts vendors! Official Cruise Merchandise available on Town Square! Cruise themed music throut the show area with random drawingss for free door prizes(for car owners only) all afternoon long! Police led Parade Of Classics out of downtown at 8pm! ALL FREE!

Cruisin' The Strip all weekend!
Remember when musclecars ruled the boulevards and classics cruised the steets? Live those days again on 'the strip' at Somernites Cruise! We welcome cruisers and their cars so, get your car out and cruise! Thousands of spectators waving and cheering from streetside! Lots of activities at businesses up and down the strip. Tune your radio to 97.1FM for great tunes and cruise the night away!
tarafied1
tarafied1
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Empty Re: Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!)

Post by 393Bird Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:21 pm

I wish there were a few E85 stations over there. Looks like it would be fun
393Bird
393Bird
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 128

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/

Back to top Go down

Post by tarafied1 Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:09 pm

393Bird wrote:I wish there were a few E85 stations over there. Looks like it would be fun
I don't know of any, bummer... It is a great event. Car show and cruising with 1000's of cool cars.
tarafied1
tarafied1
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by tarafied1 Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:39 pm

my dad and I heading to Somerset
Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Picture092hpw
Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Picture147e.th
Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Picture146.th
Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Picture123i.th
Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Picture104d.th
Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Picture103m.th
Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Picture099.th
Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Picture094u.th
Somernites cruise Somerset, KY (PICS ADDED!!!) Picture111.th
sorry the pics are of the classics, there were over 200 Mustangs from all years there!

Last edited by tarafied1 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pics too big)
tarafied1
tarafied1
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Nice pics...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down