WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Down Because of Deep Water

4 posters

Go down

Car Down Because of Deep Water Empty Car Down Because of Deep Water

Post by Eagle2000GT Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm old enough to know better but during the downpours last week I got caught in water much deeper than I expected. Water was splashing higher than the hood as I plowed my way through it. It was high enough for a little to get inside and get the rear carpets wet. The car did not hydrolock. The ProCharger intake sets in same place as the stock intake. But I have some very unusual problems.

The motor runs perfect as long as I accelerate like my great grandmother. It will purr along at 75 mph down the interstate. The problem occurs if I open the throttle a little too much. If I keep the vacuum between 10-15 in. hg. then the car runs fine. If I open the throttle to around 6-7 in. hg. then it kills the motor, completely dead, instantly. At that same instant fuel pressure falls down toward zero. Back off the throttle and the motor restarts and fuel pressure looks normal. Open the throttle only a little too much and it restarts instantly. The wider you open the throttle, the more difficult the restart. I had to push in the clutch and let the car idle a bit a couple of times until I figured it out.

I have no idea what it is but the car is in the shop. Depending on what they find it may be time to upgrade my fuel system.
Eagle2000GT
Eagle2000GT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 86
My Name: : Tom
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Mustang GT
12.7 @ 111.4 mph

Back to top Go down

Car Down Because of Deep Water Empty Re: Car Down Because of Deep Water

Post by D Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Wow yo. im so sorry to hear that. i wish you the best of luck to get her back to the way she was
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:57 pm

my car did the same thing when i had the twin turbos' and sucked up some h2o you may want to clean the maf and drive the car around for a few days. it should clear
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle2000GT Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:33 pm

The mechanic just called. Murph was right. Water had fowled the MAF. They said I also got water in the differential so I had them change the oil in it. I pick up the car tomorrow.
Eagle2000GT
Eagle2000GT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

12.7 @ 111.4 mph

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:33 pm

good to hear man, glad she is ok
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:51 am

Congrats on the simple fix. Now you need to find your way to Indy. I want some seat time in that beast.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle2000GT Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:46 pm

I just ordered a helmet so I should be coming up to O'Rielly's soon. The last time I was on a track was 34 years ago.
Eagle2000GT
Eagle2000GT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

12.7 @ 111.4 mph

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:33 pm

Eagle2000GT wrote:I just ordered a helmet so I should be coming up to O'Rielly's soon. The last time I was on a track was 34 years ago.

SWEET! Let us know when you're coming and we'll be there.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:08 pm

Eagle2000GT wrote:I just ordered a helmet so I should be coming up to O'Rielly's soon. The last time I was on a track was 34 years ago.

X2 maybe we can have a friendly race!! let us know when and we will be there to see you in the 11's Smile
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down