WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My husband's freak out at the glass shop

5 posters

Go down

My husband's freak out at the glass shop Empty My husband's freak out at the glass shop

Post by GreyGhost Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:30 pm

My husband and I took our mustang in to replace the windshield last week. He had a stone chip that he didn’t take care of right away and it turned into a big crack. While sitting in the waiting area we could hear the guy working on getting the old glass out. We heard something like a sawzall and OMG did my husband, Jeff, panic. What the heck do they need to use a sawzall for?! Well, he jumped up and was trying to look thru the small window to see what was going on, and all he could see was some guy leaning over the dash with some big electric tool. He’s thinking they are cutting the roof off of the car or something. The owner of the shop walked by and reassured him and told him everything would be ok. He said they have specialty tools especially for cutting the lower seal. I’m glad he was able to explain everything they were doing so my husband could relax. Everything came out fine and my husband is very happy now. If you are going to have your windshield replaced, you may want to prepare yourself to hear some noises that may freak you out. Let this be a lesson to you all, if you get a stone chip in your windshield, get it fixed right away before it turns into a big crack. Also, you may want to take a sedative so you can relax and not stress out when you hear all the tools the shop uses to remove your glass! Shocked

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

My husband's freak out at the glass shop Empty Re: My husband's freak out at the glass shop

Post by Wolvee Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:46 pm

My Zanex are in the glove-box!
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

My husband's freak out at the glass shop Empty Re: My husband's freak out at the glass shop

Post by Danstang Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:31 am

LOL, I think we all would panic!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:21 am

lol....I think I would have been a little worried myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Now that's funny right there.....

Back to top Go down

Post by FASTGT Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:01 pm

haha that is funny I did cut threw a customers roof the 1st time I cut out a windshield lol
FASTGT
FASTGT
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 111
My Name: : Eric
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT
Mods: : More then you have

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:35 am

Hey GG, who did you go too?
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:22 pm

I went rite here in Ionia to Berts glass he did a great job and waived my deductable, I got a factory ford wind shield for $0 out the door. This is a great shop and would recomend to any body. Cool

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down