WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay Away from Performance Drive

5 posters

Go down

Stay Away from Performance Drive Empty Stay Away from Performance Drive

Post by stanglover2358 Mon May 04, 2009 11:47 pm

I have recently had an experience with Performance Driven and let me just say I cant believe people actually pay these guys to work on their cars. First they quoted me 750-800 to disassemble, diagnosis, and reassemble my motor with whatever new parts that it needed. Now obviously the parts cost was on me. That quote was given to me and I believe Zak, who called back in February for me and they gave him the same quote. So I called and talked to Dave, shop manager, a few days before having my car towed there and he said he'd honor the price quotes previously given to me by the owner Brian. So, with that commitment I took my car to their shop. A few days later I get a call from Dave who began to tell me the motor had low compression in a few cylinders and that they would need to tear it down. He then goes on to tell me it would cost 1000 for the dissemble and another 1000 to reassemble and then whatever additional labor cost to repair the motor and or put new parts in. He roughly said it would be around 2500. I laughed and said I could have my car worked on by a nationally known mustang faculty for that cost. Of course I was pissed that he'd wasted my time and my money I spent in having it towed to the shop and I let him know it. I, then, demanded to talk with the owner Brian, who was apparently out of town until Saturday. So I asked Dave to have Brian call me asap so that we could resolve this..Dave tells me "no Brian isn’t going to call you he’s a busy guy, and that I should call Saturday when he returns to the shop." I then told Dave that I wasn’t going to wait until Saturday to speak with Brian and I too am a busy person, and thus I demanded for Brians' cell phone number. Dave refused to give it to me and told me to call back Saturday and then hung up on me. At this point I was fuming. I called back and no one answered so I left Dave a message telling him that he was a disrespectful son of a ***** and that if I didn’t hear from Brian by the end of the day I'd have my attorney deal with them. 15 minutes later I got a call from Brian...and throughout the conversation he explains that the reason for the price difference was because "they didn’t realize my car has a cobra engine in it when they gave me the initial price quote." I laughed in disgust and said I cant believe you guys actually call yourselves a performance shop when the engine in that car is a 16V SOHC motor. I told him it even says SOHC on my bbk valve covers...and that cobra engines are DOHC..Then I asked Brian how the hell he could diagnosis my car and tell me what’s wrong with it if his mechanics think they are working on a cobra engine...he then proceed to tell me that they aren’t use to working on mustangs and that they are more of an evo/awd type of shop...I then told Brian well you shouldn’t have told me that you've worked on modified mustangs before, when I asked you prior to me bringing in my car. I concluded by telling him that if I was the onwer of that shop Id get more respectful, knowlegeable, and professional people working there or i dont suspect that your shop will last very long. Then I proceeded to tell him that I'd have my tow guy down there by 330 that day to have the car removed from his shop. Nonetheless I wouldn’t work with them. They give you one price quote and once the cars there they tell you something different. They are disrespectful and completely unprofessional in every degree. Furthermore, they are clueless as to what they are doing when it comes to mustangs.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Stay Away from Performance Drive Empty Re: Stay Away from Performance Drive

Post by FRCE_FED Tue May 05, 2009 11:18 am

That sucks man! you are having the worst luck tryin to get this car goin... are you gonna send it to a known good builder and get it checked up?? and give me a call i have your old number (my cell) 509-8620
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Robkw82 Tue May 05, 2009 5:09 pm

wow to me a different engine doesnt matter. I tore down a Honda engine in an hour and put it back together my first engine Only other engine ive torn down and rebuilt was a chevy 350 that was easy. never trust any mechanic shop. you take it in and tell em u want one thing they give u other problems they want to fix. after experiance that I decided id never let another mechanic shop touch my car Unless i rly cant do it myself. thats why this weekend I will be busy doing the clutch in my car! >Very Happy Indiana has a new beast on the road.
Robkw82
Robkw82
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 83
My Name: : Rob White
My Ride/Rides: : 89 Tbird (work in progress) 2000 Bonneville SSEI

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Wed May 06, 2009 7:49 pm

Man you are having the worst time with your car Brandon. I wish we could find you a shop that would hook you up.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 2:05 pm

I worked at performance driven from last july untill March '09 and I agree THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!. They were extremely disrespectful to me, the other part-time employee, and sometimes customers. I recommend staying away from performance driven and telling everyone you know to stay away. They don't deserve to be open.

Brian isn't as bad as Dave. Dave is rude, disrespectful, and angry all the time when working on ANYTHING(thats why he doesn't like having customers watch him while he works)! I feel the shop would have better luck without Dave there. He is the worst manager I've EVER worked for.

Feel free to ask any question about the shop and I'll answer it to the best of my abilities.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu May 07, 2009 3:12 pm

thanks andy
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Mon May 25, 2009 12:50 pm

i agree they are very disrespectful when i went up there and applied they pretty much laughed in my face and threw away my resume when i walked out the door after i talked to dave
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Thu May 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Well I wish I would have known that before I wasted my time and money in towing the car to their shop. I'm not going to lie but Indianapolis for being a race city and all, has some of the worst performance shops around. I think the man problem that I'm having down here, is that mechanics see 2 things when I walk in the door...a young man or kid with alot of money to invest into his cars. Its a terrible way to do business, but I believe thats how im portrayed as I walk into performance shops. I highly suggest that perhaps some of you more experienced mechanics look at opening a shop in Indianapolis. Obviously this takes money, but with a solid business plan I'm sure a business loan could definitely be obtained.

As for the car it is in Kentucky, where a family friends brother, who does work for various nascar teams, is working on it in his spare time. I was down there last week and the damage to the car is not pretty...For one when excessive performance last worked on it he failed to screw the egr pipe to the header thus creating a massive exhaust leak. Furthermore, after conducting a compression test we found 120-130 compression in the passenger side and in the first cylinder of the drivers side but found 0 compression in the remaining three driver side cylinders. After using a borascope to look down into the block you could see nicks on the top of three pistons on the drivers side where the compression reading was 0. It is believed that when Excessive Performance put the Procharger D1sc system on it last year a foreign piece of debry was left in the intercooler piping and thus getting sucked threw the motor and more than likely blown out the exhaust at some point. Although this is purely spectulation, there arent any possible explanations for how something foreign would have gotten lodged inside the motor.

Last edited by stanglover2358 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu May 28, 2009 11:18 pm

Wow man, really sorry to hear about this.. have you talked to your buddy dave at Performance Driven?
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:56 pm

no I refuse to do business or talk to anyone associated with that company
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down