WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head.

+2
Wolvee
393Bird
6 posters

Go down

Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head. Empty Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head.

Post by 393Bird Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 am

As a Teenager, I spent most of my free time under the hood of some sort of a Hot Rod. I was a Mechanic in the Army, and would tinker with the Army vehicles from time to time. In Nan, I found that having some extra power for the Wrecker I drove, came in handy when pulling a broke down 5 ton AND trailer came in handy. I even modified the waste gate on the turbo of my wrecker to help.

I was sent these pictures yesterday from one of the guys that was with me in Nam.

Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head. Richards%201967

Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head. Williamson

Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head. Jeep%20powered%20cart

That is a Jeep Engine mounted side ways. We used the sprokets and chain from a 5 ton wrecker rear winch to transfer power from the engine to the axle.

It was a blast to drive. It was so easy to do wheelies with. One of the guys took it out the gate one day, and down to the main road. As soon as he got going, he met a MP Jeep. He gassed it and almost flipped it over backwards doing a big wheel stand. If it wasn't for that little gas tank, they would never of caught him.

Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head. Smile
393Bird
393Bird
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 128

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/

Back to top Go down

Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head. Empty Re: Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 am

Thats awesome

Back to top Go down

Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head. Empty Re: Once a Gear Head, Always a Gear Head.

Post by Wolvee Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Hoooah!
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:16 pm

rofl That's pretty bad when even the wrecker is too weak!
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Man Bruce, you have some good stories. And the picture also doesn't look much different then now. Except you have gotten more hysterical in person.. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 2:31 pm

love the old pictures!!! i will have to find my father's old pictures i have saved on the computer to show where i get my car loving from and upload them. thank you for serving!!

psst...are you guys cool about people loving corvettes too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Fri May 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Cool Blastphemer may you burn in the fires Wink
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkMech Fri May 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah no big deal. We even got a corvette owner in the club here. Of course he has a Mustang too....
HawkMech
HawkMech
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 61
Humor : Nah really man, I'm sure it's no match for your Honda.
My Ride/Rides: : 2011 GT, 2003 Cobra, 79 Bronco, 68 F-100.
Mods: : I got some wicked ass after market 93 Octane up in this Beeyatch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 3:30 pm

its bad when he drive the vet more then the mustang and he owns more chevy stuff then ford. I am thinking His heart has changed to become a chevy lover but keeps the mustang just so he can stay in the club

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 3:33 pm

hey bruce wow you are so awsome. I would love to read more about you and I think it was a differant army back then. I love the pictures and wow what a good looking guy. I bet you had the girls all over you when you came home. hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by tazzracing1 Fri May 01, 2009 3:46 pm

Cool pics and hopefully some good memories came your way.
tazzracing1
tazzracing1
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down