WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photography: March Madness 2009

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Photography:  March Madness 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Photography: March Madness 2009

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:21 pm

BlueStreak02gt wrote:
steves04cobra wrote:Im no professional but i think the pics look good. I really like the one of my car. I never get to see what it looks like when im lounching. It looks crazy. I was running good until it broke Sad

no those are pretty bad pics....compare those to the ones in the beginning of this thread and you'll see the difference is night and day.

the pics should be razor sharp in clarity, and should have all color ranges, and these just don't have it....im very disappointed in my pics today.... Crying or Very sad

Like others have said, all the pics look good, but you can definately tell the difference in really good quality, compared to just ok.

Back to top Go down

Photography:  March Madness 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Photography: March Madness 2009

Post by steves04cobra Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Thanks man. Tell her not to be mad its they racing is cuz if he didnt blow the motor she still lost. Its what happens with racing. But tell her atleast she'll get to race next weekend and he wont. Neither will i for that matter LOL.
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 123
My Name: : Steve
My Ride/Rides: : 2004, Cobra, moron
Mods: : K&N CAI, 2.93" pully, Dyno tunned, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M shifter, Flowmaster exuast,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:32 pm

steves04cobra wrote:Thanks man. Tell her not to be mad its they racing is cuz if he didnt blow the motor she still lost. Its what happens with racing. But tell her atleast she'll get to race next weekend and he wont. Neither will i for that matter LOL.

Nah, she really isnt mad, she just figured since he broke, she would get to move on, without having to buy back in. And I honestly think he has a nice built motor waiting to put into his car so he can crank up the boost some. How long will it be before you get your car back on the road?

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Yeah i heard he has a really set up motor to put in it. I would have it ready by next weekend but im going out of town. So it will be ready in about two weeks. Even if i get the parts by the end of the week it wont help.
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Mods: : K&N CAI, 2.93" pully, Dyno tunned, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M shifter, Flowmaster exuast,

Back to top Go down

Post by billfisher Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:41 pm

BlueStreak02gt wrote:I just wanted to share a few pics of why I didn't do the photoshoot today.

This is a pic of Steve's 03/04 Cobra I took at the track today, and as you can see it is really grainy. I had my camera on the tripod, in automatic mode (because shooting in manual mode is worthless on a day like today), and I was using a remote shutter release so as not to move the camera when taking a photo.

I took 200 photos today, and about 9 out of every 10 photos came out like this. This is why I did not want to shoot a photoshoot at the meet after I got there, because I knew the quality would be horrible. Cloudy days reduce light and because the clouds move, it makes it difficult for the camera to adjust to changing light conditions, and the result is the grainy photos, also the wind did not help matters any at all. I toyed with settings, changed aperture, changed iso, and changed shutter speed, set my white balance to cloudy, and all to no avail. It just wasn't a good photography day.

set your camera to RAW, and it wont matter about white balance. you can alter it in canon file-viewer-utility.

shoot in 100 or 200 speed with a 420EX flash set for high speed sync. set your aperature to twice base aperature(if f1.8 lense, set aperature to f3.5 or higher) and use manual mode to set shutter at least 1/20 or faster. the flash will automatically adjust for best fill. i use an on camera mini-soft box.

i shoot ALL of my important photo shoots(weddings,child birth, etc.) in RAW mode only. because you dont get a second try.

i use my primary lense 50mm f 1.8 and extender because NO zoom can equal resolution of a primary lense, even my aspherical zoom lense. i try to shoot in 100 speed and at least f 8 for best quality, but f3.5 will do for most.

just a few tips for you.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 367
Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:47 pm

billfisher wrote:
BlueStreak02gt wrote:I just wanted to share a few pics of why I didn't do the photoshoot today.

This is a pic of Steve's 03/04 Cobra I took at the track today, and as you can see it is really grainy. I had my camera on the tripod, in automatic mode (because shooting in manual mode is worthless on a day like today), and I was using a remote shutter release so as not to move the camera when taking a photo.

I took 200 photos today, and about 9 out of every 10 photos came out like this. This is why I did not want to shoot a photoshoot at the meet after I got there, because I knew the quality would be horrible. Cloudy days reduce light and because the clouds move, it makes it difficult for the camera to adjust to changing light conditions, and the result is the grainy photos, also the wind did not help matters any at all. I toyed with settings, changed aperture, changed iso, and changed shutter speed, set my white balance to cloudy, and all to no avail. It just wasn't a good photography day.

set your camera to RAW, and it wont matter about white balance. you can alter it in canon file-viewer-utility.

shoot in 100 or 200 speed with a 420EX flash set for high speed sync. set your aperature to twice base aperature(if f1.8 lense, set aperature to f3.5 or higher) and use manual mode to set shutter at least 1/20 or faster. the flash will automatically adjust for best fill. i use an on camera mini-soft box.

i shoot ALL of my important photo shoots(weddings,child birth, etc.) in RAW mode only. because you dont get a second try.

i use my primary lense 50mm f 1.8 and extender because NO zoom can equal resolution of a primary lense, even my aspherical zoom lense. i try to shoot in 100 speed and at least f 8 for best quality, but f3.5 will do for most.

just a few tips for you.

thanks Bill, unfortunately I was in RAW Mode for the track runs, the problem with RAW Mode is that the slightest movement of the camera, and the image gets ruined, or comes out in very poor quality, and the wind didn't help that much.

For the car show I was shooting in either portrait or automatic mode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:52 pm

steves04cobra wrote:Yeah i heard he has a really set up motor to put in it. I would have it ready by next weekend but im going out of town. So it will be ready in about two weeks. Even if i get the parts by the end of the week it wont help.

I'm just wondering when he is gonna get it installed and everything else done. And atleast you have the time and money to be able to fix it right away, I'm sure some people would be in rent-a-cars for awhile til they got money to fix their car.

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:58 pm

Thats true. And i have my truck so if i cant get the parts in time it really doesnt matter. I think its going to be awhile until Roach gets his put back together.
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:01 pm

steves04cobra wrote:Thats true. And i have my truck so if i cant get the parts in time it really doesnt matter. I think its going to be awhile until Roach gets his put back together.

Well atleast you have a truck to drive, LOL. Who ended up winning KOS?

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:03 pm

I think it was that black and red firehawk cuz the s-10 red lighted
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:06 pm

steves04cobra wrote:I think it was that black and red firehawk cuz the s-10 red lighted

Yeah right after that S-10 destroyed me lol.I'm still pissed that he waited till after he beat my ass to go and red light lol
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm

:_lol_:
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:36 am

steves04cobra wrote:I think it was that black and red firehawk cuz the s-10 red lighted

Are you serious? What was he running? That is the car that I redlighted against but beat him because he missed a shift. DAMNIT!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:30 pm

The firehawk only won cuz the s-10 red lighted. But he running low 7s
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:42 pm

steves04cobra wrote:The firehawk only won cuz the s-10 red lighted. But he running low 7s

DAMN!! I would have been wasted, LOL. When I pulled up to him in the staging lanes, I overheard him say something about, "I didnt know those things were turbo'd", LOL. Then we got to talking alittle bit, and I told him that they put a turbo in them in 08 and 09. Maybe he thought I had a big turbo and he needed to give it his all and that is why he mis-shifted, LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:49 pm

That Firehawk was all NOS too, It went through 2 20lb. Bottles of nitrous yesterday. From what i understand the S-10 was using a 150 shot too.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Krutch21 wrote:That Firehawk was all NOS too, It went through 2 20lb. Bottles of nitrous yesterday. From what i understand the S-10 was using a 150 shot too.

What a damn cheater, LOL. I'm hoping to get some nice DR's here in a couple months after I get my catless DP with cutout, I'm shooting for atleast an 8.5 on the stock turbo, maybe faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2