WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

b dohc heads direction

Go down

b dohc heads direction Empty b dohc heads direction

Post by billfisher Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:41 pm

i am building a forged turbo mark viii. i like the b heads from the get-go. they are similar to a design i drew up in engineering years ago.('88) my design had 4 valves with 3 of them the same size. all small exhaust valve size and one very large valve with a huge port with butterflies. anyway...i like them.

i like the idea of one large port and one small one. obviously the idea is really a failure. so,

i am going to clean up the secondary(mirror), no egr.
i purchased 8 frpp stainless valves.(back cut, undercut stems.) i am going to spend my time doing a basic amateur port of the primary. contour and enlarge it a tiny bit and use the new valves in the primaries and leave the stockers in the secondaries.

thoughts?

BTW i also designed a 4 valve head with a common port for intake and exhaust.

4 valves in head.. 2 rotary valves one for intake one for exhaust. direct injection.
1. all in head valves open at the same time. single chamber above cylinder.
2. as piston is on intake stroke, exhaust rotary valve is closing.
3. supercharged only. 40+psi
4. exhaust rotary valve is timed to be partially open as the inlet rotary valve opens thereby forcing pressurized air into the exhaust stream, and starting into the cylinder.
5. exhaust rotary valve closes fully.
6. pressurized air is forced into the cylinder.
7. all four in head valves close.
8. compression stroke.
9. di fuel is injected and sparked.
10.piston reaches BTC.
11. all four in head valves open with the exhaust rotary valve already open.
12.intake rotary valve begins to open as cylinder pressures drops and 40psi air charge assists evacuation.

point 1. rotary valves can be HUGE. sufficient timing for gasses to exit and enter are not an issue. rotary valve engines can rev to 22,000 rpms easily.

i added the last stuff to illustrate designs i have dreamed up many many years ago.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 367
Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down