WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

murph aj any one ? dyno prices ?

3 posters

Go down

murph aj any one ? dyno prices ? Empty murph aj any one ? dyno prices ?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:48 pm

OK so i called this place in nobelsville today and they told me i need a new mass air and bigger injectors along with a 700 dollar dyno tune. i thought you could get a tune for like 400 ? im really mad because i know i do not need bigger injectors runnin 5 lbs of boost. So i right now i know its runnin a little rich which is not bad i know this because of a slight backfire when i shift. so can i fix this with a chip or something i to not have another 1200 bucks to drop in it. i can do 400 for a tune but i think this guy was crazy! im in need of advice. I know i can run no tune becasue the fmu makes up for air fuel. but i want to if i can. but i am not doin 700 bucks plus parts i dont need. thanksguys names and numbers of shops would be great and discounts lol

Back to top Go down

murph aj any one ? dyno prices ? Empty Re: murph aj any one ? dyno prices ?

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:29 pm

To be honest I hate autospec. All their employees say something different and Ive had my car there before--dishonest people. Dustin tells me one thing, Randy tells me another, and Dustins dad tells me something else. Finally I said enough f#cking around, so i had a tow truck up there the next day and had it removed from their shop. I wouldnt let them touch one of my mustangs ever. I dont care if they offered to do a tune for 100 bucks. I am in the same boat as you. Im taking mine to Bob Kurgan. Hes put some tunes on my chip and charged me $100 bucks...and then told me that the dyno tune would be $400 if I planned on taking it to him. Hes the best tuner in the midwest, so thats where my car is going despite the 3.5 hour drive.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:02 am

thanks stanglover seriously now that is an answer I been looking for. Can you get me info on this place ? 400 sounds good to me and I just want to take it where I don't have to worry about getting ripped off. Like 700 dollar tunes. WTF

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:08 am

Blake,

Sorry, you got such a crappy response. The cost that gave you is more than likely with a tuner (SCT, Diablo) included. If you have no need for a tuner then $ should be right around $350 - $400.

I can call Dustin and talk to him, if you're still interested in using Auto-Spec.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:57 pm

ok so if it is included i gues that 650 is not bad. ? But really i do not want to get bigger injectors because i know that it is something that i dont need im prolly pushing another 50 RWHP maybe if that. so if i can get a better price that would be awesome but i guess its not bad and i dont want it halfassed just because he wants me to get other stuff for it thro them. but is there a way to reflash ecu ? idk anything about it. and anyother prices u guys know of would be great thanks you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:30 pm

i have a sniper tuner that you could just buy a bullet for if you wanted to use it and tune it yourself, i think bullets are around 200. THat would at least tell the computer what you have. It would be best to get it on a dyno though. But you are welcome to do that if you want

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:59 pm

JStang314 wrote:i have a sniper tuner that you could just buy a bullet for if you wanted to use it and tune it yourself, i think bullets are around 200. THat would at least tell the computer what you have. It would be best to get it on a dyno though. But you are welcome to do that if you want
ok so because m not up to date with a bullet wt is that ? How would I use it sorry but if you would elaborate it would be great!

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Basically, Sniper™ "Bullets" are passwords that can be individually purchased. Each "Bullet" or password allows you to flash a different vehicle using the Sniper™ Interface Box. Sniper™ "Bullets" can be purchased electronically, manually through a phone call, downloaded by the customer, or e-mailed directly to the customer. The advantages to this flexibility are tremendous! For example, an Installer/Tuner shop needs but one Sniper™ Interface Box to sell a performance power tuning "Bullet" for any customer's vehicle! No need to stock hard parts chips, tuners etc. "Inventory" of Sniper™ "Bullets" is available on line, 24/7, just by logging on and downloading. You're never out of stock and inventory investment is "low to none at all"!
The Sniper™ Multiloader™ software allows you (or your customer) to easily, quickly flash their vehicle's PCM while in the vehicle. This can occur three ways:

1. Customer uses a laptop and our Sniper™ Interface Box (as a pass through). This allows communication with the vehicle's PCM, via the customer's laptop computer.

2. Customers without a laptop can use our Sniper™ Interface Box as a "stand alone". Simply load the Sniper™ Interface Box with a performance file from a desktop computer and plug the Sniper™ Interface Box into the vehicle OBD-II port. Now, press the button on the box. That's it!

3. Dealers can send the Sniper™ Interface Box (already loaded by you) direct to the customer, using it as a "standalone". The customer merely plugs it in and presses the button for instant performance power tuning!
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:13 pm

so pretty much you buy the bullet and you can use the tuner again its nice sniper has good tunes they are safe tunes and i have only seen people use them and like them
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:17 pm

ok .. So my car i do not think has an obd II port its an 89. or does it and i dont know about it ? and if i dont can i still use it? and ur saying i borrow ur software buy the 200 dollar "bullet" thing and use a lap top to upload a tune that i get from where? is it like i tell them what i have and they make a tune?

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:36 pm

completely spaced the fact that you are not obd 2 umm... u would need to go to sniper website and see if they have anything to support you vehicle but if not then u would not be able to use the sniper bullet or tuner and you make the tune yourself with choices from dropdown menus and stuff like that its pretty much a basic can tune you do yourself but if u want a more extensive tune u go somewhere that tunes with sniper
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:44 am

ah i see so u use the laptop to make the tune yourself? just without a dyno ? well hmm aj if u out there can u call dustin and knock a few bucks off for me lol seriously tho .... at leas talk to him and give me some info. if u ever get a chance that would kick a** !

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 am

Calling today...More to come
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:28 pm

Blake,

You have PM.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:01 am

If you are going to run the low boost for now and then add more down the road then you may want to think about getting a mail-order tune from someone like Kurgan and then when you turn up the boost you can just go to him to get a dyno tune.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:16 am

yea AJ is the man and hooked me up so i think we've got it all figured out
I am prolly going to have it tuned 2-3 weeks

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:51 pm

No problem Blake...Psst! I need some stuff from you for your rides page. Wink
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:43 am

i dont think they make tuners for the old fox bodies..I could be wrong. Nontheless I knowyou could get a chip and if your car is relatively stock Id just go with a mail order tune from BOB Kurgan. He has some of his own mustangs, one being a low 10 sec vortech fox body. Just my two cents, but why go with anyone less than the best when it comes to tuning. Last thing you want is to cut corners with your tune and let someone, whos reputation is questionable, do your tune.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Brandon's right they don't make a tuner for fox bodies. You can only get a chip for them.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down