WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel Help...

Go down

Wheel Help... Empty Wheel Help...

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:02 pm

Ok guys - so I haven't posted an update, but what I thought was an adhesive a week or so ago turned out to be spots where my clearcoat is eroding. Some chemical or other caustic agent must've gotten onto my wheel and eaten through my clearcoat. Anyway - I was wondering if anyone here would know someone that could help me with my problem and help me avoid buying a new wheel. The spokes are unaffected but in case it matters are black. The damage is on the machined lip of my 18x10 bullitt wheel. If anyone can help me out I'd much appreciate it. Thanks in advance....

Back to top Go down

Wheel Help... Empty Re: Wheel Help...

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:59 am

I'm sure someone could remove the clear from that rim entirely and re clear coat it. If they are aluminum you could have all them stripped and just polish the aluminum to make it shine also. The clear is usually there to keep the rim shinning and keep the maintenance low. That is a common thing that happens to rims with clear coat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:20 pm

Cheapest I've found so far to re-clearcoat the wheel - $140 not including the fee to take the tires off and put 'em back on....

I'm going to keep looking, but if I can't find it cheaper than that I might end up riding them as is and then buying some new wheels later. If anyone knows anyone/anywhere that does wheel work like we're talking please let me know. Thanks...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down