WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event CANCELLED: 5/12/12----Kick-off the Summer Cruise to the Henry Ford Museum

+4
PAINTERDUDE
GreyGhost
Supercheese
Danstang
8 posters

Go down

Event CANCELLED: 5/12/12----Kick-off the Summer Cruise to the Henry Ford Museum Empty Event CANCELLED: 5/12/12----Kick-off the Summer Cruise to the Henry Ford Museum

Post by Danstang Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:59 am

EVENT CANCELLED:
Due to a scheduling conflict with Mother's Day plans for many members (didn't realize it was the same weekend when originally planning this event), mechanical issues for others (my car included), various other reasons, and lack if interest from the rest------we will unfortunately be cancelling this event. Further, to get group rate discounts we need to have at least 15 people, we are just plain falling short that that. Sorry for any inconvenience for those who were planning on going, we will get together soon!
The kick-off cruise will be moved to the downtown Jackson car show on Friday night, May 25th (more details for that coming shortly!).

Hey everyone, we're going to kick off the summer cruising season with a drive to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village! They have the remodel done to the auto part of the museum and what better way to start off the summer than a cruise there. I am looking into getting better prices, but have no guarantees yet. There are SEVERAL exhibits there and we'll see what we can come up with. Please see the start of this thread for the latest details.

OK, here is the what and where:
Let's meet in Eaton Rapids at the Family Fare grocery store parking lot (the same place where we would meet for the parade, except out in the front part of the parking lot near their gas station) at 8:00 am. That way if anyone needs to get some snacks or fuel we can do so there. Then we will depart from there no later that 8:20am. It is about a 1 hour and 40 minute drive to the Henry Ford Museum so that will get us there at about 10am.
Now, to get some group rates we have to have 15 people or more to get group rates on tickets and they DO charge $5.00 to park.

Ticket prices are as follows:
Henry Ford Museum:
Adults $17.00
Senior (62+) $15.00
Youth (5-12)$12.50
Child 4 and under FREE

Here is a link to the other exhibits and prices-------->Greenfield Village, Ford Rouge Factory Tour, IMAX, etc.

After the tour through the exhibits, we can head our for lunch at a nearby restaurant to be determined (around 2 or 3pm....ish) then cruise home after that.

What we need now is a count on who whats to go so we can get a head count----PLEASE LET US KNOW!

Last edited by Danstang on Mon May 07, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 6 times in total
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Event CANCELLED: 5/12/12----Kick-off the Summer Cruise to the Henry Ford Museum Empty Re: Event CANCELLED: 5/12/12----Kick-off the Summer Cruise to the Henry Ford Museum

Post by Supercheese Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 am

Figures... I have a golf outing the weekend of the 12th.
Supercheese
Supercheese
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 99
My Name: : Joe D
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT and 1966 Coupe
Mods: : 2001 GT.. way too much.
1966 Coupe.. bone stock original

Back to top Go down

Event CANCELLED: 5/12/12----Kick-off the Summer Cruise to the Henry Ford Museum Empty Re: Event CANCELLED: 5/12/12----Kick-off the Summer Cruise to the Henry Ford Museum

Post by GreyGhost Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm

I have it on my calender.

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by PAINTERDUDE Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Sounds like fun, probably can't make it but post lots of pictures. I damaged my fender taking it off the jackstands monday, going to repair and repaint the right fender, trunk lid and rear cover then slap the for sale sign in it shrug oh well. Have lots of fun for me!
PAINTERDUDE
PAINTERDUDE
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 161
Humor : If you can read this, your too damn close.
My Name: : Lyle
My Ride/Rides: : 1996 Mustang GT
Mods: : Custon tri-coat silver and black paint. Marbelized racing stripes. Eibach 2 inch lowering springs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:11 am

We are gonna try and make it!...
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wldflly Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:31 pm

I have my surgery that week so I won't be able to make it!Crying or Very sad Hope everyone has a great time!! Hopefully this post my android doesn't like our page for some reason!!
Wldflly
Wldflly
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Female Number of posts : 137
Humor : "Why ride a pony when you can have a stallion!!"
My Name: : Bry
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT Blue

Mods: : 4:10 gears, magnaflow exhaust, tuner chip,custom painted chameleon rims (for now)

https://www.facebook.com/bryanne.talant

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Wldflly wrote:I have my surgery that week so I won't be able to make it!Crying or Very sad Hope everyone has a great time!! Hopefully this post my android doesn't like our page for some reason!!

Well wishes and a quick recovery regarding your surgery. Smile
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat May 05, 2012 12:56 am

OK, here is the what and where:
Let's meet in Eaton Rapids at the Family Fare grocery store parking lot (the same place where we would meet for the parade, except out in the front part of the parking lot near their gas station) at 8:00 am. That way if anyone needs to get some snacks or fuel we can do so there. Then we will depart from there no later that 8:20am. It is about a 1 hour and 40 minute drive to the Henry Ford Museum so that will get us there at about 10am.
Now, to get some group rates we have to have 15 people or more to get group rates on tickets and they DO charge $5.00 to park.

Ticket prices are as follows:
Henry Ford Museum:
Adults $17.00
Senior (62+) $15.00
Youth (5-12)$12.50
Child 4 and under FREE

Here is a link to the other exhibits and prices-------->Greenfield Village, Ford Rouge Factory Tour, IMAX, etc.

After the tour through the exhibits, we can head our for lunch at a nearby restaurant to be determined (around 2 or 3pm....ish) then cruise home after that.

What we need now is a count on who whats to go so we can get a head count----PLEASE LET US KNOW!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unmanned Sat May 05, 2012 7:38 pm

No mustang, my daughter has it down in Indy and I have no job for gas money anyhow. Next year I may have my 2012 mustang BOSS...maybe
Unmanned
Unmanned
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 52
My Name: : James Lo Tempio
My Ride/Rides: : 1989 Mustang GT Convertible, Red/White SOLD
2003 Mustang Convertible, Yellow/White Daughters
2000 Ford Explorer Limited Edition, White/Tan
2009 Jeep Compass
Mods: : Steering Wheel cover, Its VERY nice. :p

https://www.facebook.com/Seasick007

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon May 07, 2012 6:06 pm

EVENT CANCELLED:
Due to a scheduling conflict with Mother's Day plans for many members (didn't realize it was the same weekend when originally planning this event), mechanical issues for others (my car included), various other reasons, and lack if interest from the rest------we will unfortunately be cancelling this event. Further, to get group rate discounts we need to have at least 15 people, we are just plain falling short that that. Sorry for any inconvenience for those who were planning on going, we will get together soon!
The kick-off cruise will be moved to the downtown Jackson car show on Friday night, May 25th (more details for that coming shortly!).

Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down