WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Show Etiquette Boobs And BooBoos----food for thought.

+5
wingedone
Wldflly
RidethePony
scstanger
Danstang
9 posters

Go down

Car Show Etiquette Boobs And BooBoos----food for thought. Empty Car Show Etiquette Boobs And BooBoos----food for thought.

Post by Danstang Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:30 pm

Saw this article and couldn't resist posting......

As the car show season has now been unto full swing it’s good to step back and review some of what we see and take some lessons. There is an etiquette to car shows that goes beyond just making sure your car is ready for the stage. Half way through the season we have all seen the gaffes that some make, so lets have a laugh at their expense for a moment while we review their shortcomings.

The Dirty Car

You have seen them. There is always that one car that has two or three high points like a polished supercharger, big wild 22″ wheels and even a slick looking body kit. They have a big display board outlining every anodized nut and bolt on the car, the $3000 stereo and the nine flat screens inside.

But when you look under the hood the engine is filthy. There are empty soda cups in the interior and candy wrappers stuffed in the map pockets. There is dirt and road grime just inside the spokes of those big 22″ wheels and the little brakes behind them are rusted.

Clean the car with a fine tooth comb. Under the hood should be spotless no matter how aged the components might look. Door jambs, the nooks and crannies between body kit and car, under the wheel wells and the insides of the wheels should be clean. The interior should be spotless.

Display Bling Madness

A nice presentation with backup is always nice, especially when a lot of work went into the car. But we have all seen the guys who stack three photo albums on the radiator, two display boards with mirrored back lighting, and include several stuffed animals crawling around in the engine bay.

Is this really all that necessary? Really? Some of these people need an extra space next to their car to put up a reception desk to house all their fliers, photos and poster boards. I’ve even seen one bring a TV to play video of their restoration project just to add theatrics with hourly screenings!

Keep your presentation materials to a minimum and let the car do the talking. Don’t pile so much crap on the front of your car that people have to move it over to see your engine. If they want to see every photo of your build project you ever took they will ask.

The Helicoptering Owner

You’ve seen the guy that sits eagerly by in his lawn chair ready to pounce on the first unsuspecting show goer that shows the slightest bit of interest in his car. He even sometimes sits at the front of his car at the point to save 7 paces in the act of glomming onto you when you pause to look.

Within seconds the owner is helicoptering around you as if you were a car chase in Los Angeles…….narrating your tour of the car, shoving their album of photos on you and remaining two steps away as you walk around it. This is CREEPY. Don’t do it. If a person has questions about your car they will find you and ask.

Unless you are addressing an MCA Judge, it’s best to hang back and be cool. Don’t be too desperate for people to like your car. If it’s show worthy they will be your groupies without being tied up with your leash.

Close Your Trunk!

We all camp out at car shows. We bring the chairs, the ice chests, the PS2’s and the umbrellas. But we sometimes forget our car is there to be on display. Make sure that once you are set up….close the trunk unless it is empty and it is intended to be part of your show.

Nobody wants to climb over your display boards and trip over your lawn chairs only to see a trunk full of clothes, empty fast food bags, and car show spam stacked in your trunk. You came to put on a good presentation and so many people forget to move out of their car in the process.

Conclusion

People who are spectators at a car show will never tell you that you are making these gaffes. If you are in a club you well know they will wait until they are behind your back to start bagging on you to the rest of the crowd. So if you got miffed at what you just read because it is about you, it aint the first time it has been said most likely. Thank me for the favor in saying to your face.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Car Show Etiquette Boobs And BooBoos----food for thought. Empty Re: Car Show Etiquette Boobs And BooBoos----food for thought.

Post by scstanger Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:45 am

I LOVE this!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Car Show Etiquette Boobs And BooBoos----food for thought. Empty Re: Car Show Etiquette Boobs And BooBoos----food for thought.

Post by RidethePony Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 am

hail Awesome, lol.
RidethePony
RidethePony
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Female Number of posts : 319
Humor : I did not escape, I have a day pass!!
My Name: : Tina
My Ride/Rides: : 2010 Mustang GT Black , 2006 Expedition Gray
Mods: : Owning a mustang is hazardous to your warranty!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wldflly Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:03 am

Yeah I try to make mine like that but normally by the time I get to a show there are gummy bears and skittles stuck to my kids and the seat lol not to mention by the time I get the chairs diaper bag stroller and cooler in the trunk I'm lucky if it actually shuts lol!! But thanks for posting so I know why the judges laugh when they look in my car lol
Wldflly
Wldflly
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Female Number of posts : 137
Humor : "Why ride a pony when you can have a stallion!!"
My Name: : Bry
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT Blue

Mods: : 4:10 gears, magnaflow exhaust, tuner chip,custom painted chameleon rims (for now)

https://www.facebook.com/bryanne.talant

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:12 pm

You SOB, where are the Boobs you promised in the TITle?

Wink
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:17 pm

I just read this somewhere and had a chuckle knowing we all have seen or even done some of those things (seems I've always got something in the car or trunk that I can never hide, lol).

Sorry Thomas, no boobs, just us! Very Happy
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:31 pm

poor little cupcakes
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by my2005stanggt Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:58 am

Man so true!!! I never even looked at a car if it was cluttered with 30 trophies banners and billboards guarding their car. Just as the car who just drove in from the farm.

great post
my2005stanggt
my2005stanggt
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:59 am

Oops!!!! I guess I didn't see this post!

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:20 am

Wow it's like someone got in my head and wrote that article
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down