WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Event: Test and Tune June 24th, Midnight Madness

+10
JabBen
95wickedillusions
tobytoofast
Supercheese
Danstang
wingedone
Wldflly
crazyassracing
Eturner
BraMas
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Past Event: Test and Tune June 24th, Midnight Madness - Page 2 Empty Re: Past Event: Test and Tune June 24th, Midnight Madness

Post by Supercheese Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:56 am

Everything is soaked this morning.. Hopefully clears up
Supercheese
Supercheese
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 99
My Name: : Joe D
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT and 1966 Coupe
Mods: : 2001 GT.. way too much.
1966 Coupe.. bone stock original

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Test and Tune June 24th, Midnight Madness - Page 2 Empty Re: Past Event: Test and Tune June 24th, Midnight Madness

Post by Wldflly Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Looks like I won't be able to make it will be in the garage all night with Brian!! Hope the rain holds off for you guys!!!!
Wldflly
Wldflly
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Female Number of posts : 137
Humor : "Why ride a pony when you can have a stallion!!"
My Name: : Bry
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT Blue

Mods: : 4:10 gears, magnaflow exhaust, tuner chip,custom painted chameleon rims (for now)

https://www.facebook.com/bryanne.talant

Back to top Go down

Post by Supercheese Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Can't make it either, stuck working late...
Supercheese
Supercheese
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:25 am

Supercheese wrote:Can't make it either, stuck working late...
What a Lier!!!! Very Happy
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Supercheese Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:51 am

Well, I did make it. Sucks I missed the "accident."
Supercheese
Supercheese
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:48 am

Accident??????? Tell me more! What happerned? affraid

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Daryl (crazyassracing) was making a pass and found things REAL slick trying to get into second and third. By the time he rolled across the line he realized it was his coolant that was causing the smoke behind him. Well, the track officials sent the next batch of cars (without inspecting the track) and one of the guys from CAM passed though the slick and lost control of his Foxbody notch and slammed the wall with the front then the back. It was a total loss for the notch, the car was immaculate before this. Thankfully, the driver was okay. Hopefully, Daryl's car will be okay, it seems to be something simple being that the car ran fine (just drained all of the coolant out of it, we're thinking freeze plug). The track officials should have shut down the track, it looked like they were skating on it when they went to help the CAM member.

Thanks to everyone else that stopped up, I think we had 9 cars from our group there, just could not run good times. Time to do some work on our cars I guess!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wldflly Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Sucks sounds like I missed an awesome time would have much rather been at the track instead of at Brians tearin apart a car until 3!!!!
Wldflly
Wldflly
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Female Number of posts : 137
Humor : "Why ride a pony when you can have a stallion!!"
My Name: : Bry
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT Blue

Mods: : 4:10 gears, magnaflow exhaust, tuner chip,custom painted chameleon rims (for now)

https://www.facebook.com/bryanne.talant

Back to top Go down

Post by otoslow Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Had a great time last night at 131. Was pretty nervous to run the track. Just wanna say thanks to everyone that was there last night helping me out. Can't wait to do it again.
otoslow
otoslow
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 59
Humor : ¿¿¿
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Black Gt
Mods: : Bbk CAI. Bbk Under Drive Pulleys. 3.73 Gears. Sct Programmer. Bbk X-Pipe. Slp Loudmouth 2 Cat Back.Short Throw Shifter. Eibach Springs. Added 2012- Tko 600.Spec stage 3 clutch. Alum drive shaft. Lakewood sfi scatter shield. And cosmetic add ons.

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Danstang wrote:Daryl (crazyassracing) was making a pass and found things REAL slick trying to get into second and third. By the time he rolled across the line he realized it was his coolant that was causing the smoke behind him. Well, the track officials sent the next batch of cars (without inspecting the track) and one of the guys from CAM passed though the slick and lost control of his Foxbody notch and slammed the wall with the front then the back. It was a total loss for the notch, the car was immaculate before this. Thankfully, the driver was okay. Hopefully, Daryl's car will be okay, it seems to be something simple being that the car ran fine (just drained all of the coolant out of it, we're thinking freeze plug). The track officials should have shut down the track, it looked like they were skating on it when they went to help the CAM member.

Thanks to everyone else that stopped up, I think we had 9 cars from our group there, just could not run good times. Time to do some work on our cars I guess!

This omg is why Tim.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:35 pm

I thought about that afterwards. Good thing you are a wiser man than I
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeStang Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:14 pm

They let you run coolant? I thought you could only run water when on the track...must not care for test/tune nights?
OrangeStang
OrangeStang
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 12
My Name: : Ross
My Ride/Rides: : 1967 Coupe Hardtop
Mods: : Tear-Drop Fiberglass Hood, 331 Stroker, 9-in Rear 3.70posi, Disc Brakes Conversion, C4 swap, subframe connectors, flowmaster 40 exhaust, B&M shifter, AR Torque Thrust Wheels, HD suspension, Urethane bushings, 1968 Grill.

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:15 am

OrangeStang wrote:They let you run coolant? I thought you could only run water when on the track...must not care for test/tune nights?

I was thinking the same thing.

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Supercheese Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:29 am

Believe so.
Supercheese
Supercheese
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyassracing Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:57 am

Test and Tunes are open to all street cars. The tech is a safety inspection to make sure you arent trying to kill yourself with junk equipment. Although after seeing some of the cars they let on the track I'm not sure that's entirely true.
My car will be fine. Turns out the thermostat housing, which is glued plastic, sprung a leak. $75 to rockauto got me a new housing, thermostat and a new bypass hose.
Thanks to all the club members (Wildhorses, not the other one) that came to my rescue Saturday night. Especially Dan who endured 60 minutes of my chatter and 4 miles of dirt road getting me home.
crazyassracing
crazyassracing
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 134
My Name: : Daryl
My Ride/Rides: : 2005 Mustang 4.0 5spd Manual Trans
Mods: : Trac-Lok LSD
3.73 Gears
Borla Axle-Back
Tunable Induction CAI
Demolet Performance Tune
Shaftmaster aluminum driveshaft
J&M rear tube LCAs
Eibach Rear Sway Bar
Hurst Shifter
Granatelli Shock Tower Brace
Hawk Brake Pads
KYB Shocks & Struts
255/50/17 Kumho Ecsta ASX's on 17 x 7.5 wheels (Street)
265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sports on 18 x 9.5 wheels (Road Course)
235/60/16 Dunlop Wintersports on 16 x 7 wheels (Winter)
26 x 11.5 x 16 ET Streets on 16 x 8 wheels (Drag)

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:38 am

Glad you and your car are ok Daryl. Yeah, Dan and the whole Wildhorses club are great! Thats why I choose this club rather than the other two in my area. We all are out to have a good time with friends and family. Also we all look out for one another. goodone

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Hey Daryl, was it the spot we saw under the TB? I'm glad that it wasn't anything terminal, seems the simple things can make it all go wrong. Also, your welcome, a little dirt never hurts as long as everyone gets home. Just wish we were able to do more to get your car home.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:55 pm

There are certain ground rules that every one must follow. What other rules you have to follow is determined by how fast you car is. For guys like me you don't need anything else, not even a helmet. 13s and you need just a helmet. 12s and faster determines what other things you need such as roll bars etc. So you can run a total rust bucket as long as it isn't leaking any thing. And yes I've seen some cars that were soo bad and soo slow that their times couldn't even be measured. Also the rules that you may have to follow are determined by if your car is a Convertable or a hard top.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyassracing Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:56 am

Danstang wrote:Hey Daryl, was it the spot we saw under the TB? I'm glad that it wasn't anything terminal, seems the simple things can make it all go wrong. Also, your welcome, a little dirt never hurts as long as everyone gets home. Just wish we were able to do more to get your car home.
It was under the throttle body, but it isnt anything that's visible until you pour water in the radiator.
I ended up borrowing a friend's tow dolly and pulling it home with my jeep Saturday morning. That was an adventure.
The dolly was too small for the car and the Jeep was too small for the dolly and car combo. HA!
My poor Mustang had never gone done the road so slow in it's entire life.
crazyassracing
crazyassracing
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 134
My Name: : Daryl
My Ride/Rides: : 2005 Mustang 4.0 5spd Manual Trans
Mods: : Trac-Lok LSD
3.73 Gears
Borla Axle-Back
Tunable Induction CAI
Demolet Performance Tune
Shaftmaster aluminum driveshaft
J&M rear tube LCAs
Eibach Rear Sway Bar
Hurst Shifter
Granatelli Shock Tower Brace
Hawk Brake Pads
KYB Shocks & Struts
255/50/17 Kumho Ecsta ASX's on 17 x 7.5 wheels (Street)
265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sports on 18 x 9.5 wheels (Road Course)
235/60/16 Dunlop Wintersports on 16 x 7 wheels (Winter)
26 x 11.5 x 16 ET Streets on 16 x 8 wheels (Drag)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff H Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:01 am

hey everyone i had no idea about this club and just wanted to say how awesome and friendly everyone is!! you guys rock! oh yea tim great race! and if i ever hook up at the line it will be a good one lol
Jeff H
Jeff H

Male Number of posts : 3
My Name: : Jeff Hoyle
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Mustang GT Silver w/ black stripes
Mods: : cold air intake, X-pipe, flomaster cat back, 3.73 gears, coil springs, subframe connecter (front and rear), hurst shifter, sparco seat, harness and harness bar, 18" billet deep dish rims, mach 1 chin spoiler, NX nitrous kit, diablo sport predator tuner, also a 2001 cobra engine in progress Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Welcome to Wildhorses Jeff! Nice meeting you the other day, hope to see you out somewhere again soon. BTW, that is a sweet 'stang.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2