WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Shelby GT-500 Super Snake Debuts At New York

4 posters

Go down

2012 Shelby GT-500 Super Snake Debuts At New York Empty 2012 Shelby GT-500 Super Snake Debuts At New York

Post by Danstang Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:08 am

2012 Shelby GT-500 Super Snake Debuts At New York 2012ss10

At the New York Auto Show, Shelby American will be showing of its most powerful Super Snake package for the GT-500 yet. With an astonishing 800 horsepower, Shelby says the 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake will be the most powerful American muscle car introduced at the show. This debut continues a tradition of Shelby introducing their cars in New York.

“Shelby American has a rich history at the New York International Auto Show,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American Inc. “The very first Shelby car was introduced there in 1962, as well as the 1968 and 2008 Shelby GT500KR and the 2006 Shelby Hertz GT-H. This year, we’re returning with one of the most powerful and important Shelbys ever built.”

Shelby American and its close partner Ford Racing have worked together hand in hand to offer this package which features an aggressive suspension and engine that pushes the GT500 up into the world class supercar realm. Shelby American says that production of the new 2012 Super Snakes starts May 1st of this year.

“With more horsepower, the 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake is a strong performer both on the road and the track,” noted Gary Patterson, vice president of operations at Shelby American. “This Super Snake will deliver the driving experience that enthusiasts expect from the Shelby brand.”

The new Super Snake post title package is one of the very few vehicles that generates up to 800 horsepower on pump gas. Not only is the high performance vehicle legal in 50 states, the unique, limited production supercar allows Shelby fans the opportunity to experience the power of one of America’s legendary muscle cars for under $100,000; this includes the Shelby Super Snake package and the GT500 base vehicle.

The 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post title package includes:

* Ford Racing handling pack including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace

* An optional Shelby / Eibach handling pack is available
* 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio and short-throw shifter
* The standard tune upgrades power to over 750 HP and 590 ft./lbs. of torque
* Optional Shelby / Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas
* Borla exhaust system
* Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels in durabright or anthracite
* Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
* Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
* Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design and pins
* Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white
* “Super Snake” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
* “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
* Optional two tone leather interior
* Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components

In addition to the Super Snake, Shelby American will also display the limited edition 2012 Shelby GT350 coupe and convertible. Customers can build their dream Shelby Super Snake online with Shelby American’s new “Build-One” car building program at http://shelbyamerican.com/buildhome.asp.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

2012 Shelby GT-500 Super Snake Debuts At New York Empty Re: 2012 Shelby GT-500 Super Snake Debuts At New York

Post by Frank Riley Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:56 am

All I can say is can I have one?

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 243

http://wildhorsesmustangassociation.com

Back to top Go down

2012 Shelby GT-500 Super Snake Debuts At New York Empty Re: 2012 Shelby GT-500 Super Snake Debuts At New York

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:21 am

love it
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Hope they found a way to get the tires to hook, 800HP only be good for smoke shows it they don't find a way to harness that power.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:49 pm

I want one. NOW!!!!
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down