WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

manual swap!

3 posters

Go down

manual swap! Empty manual swap!

Post by Robkw82 Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 am

Hey guys, I know its been awhile since I've been on or talked to anyone. Look forward to seeing whats up this summer. down to business, I plan on having the Thunderhorse (bird) done soon. Problem is the easiest way to finish it now and prolly my best bet is to swap it from auto to 5spd. so if anybody has some manual pieces laying around, let me know. also I'm trying to find out if theres any other cars the pedal plate and line would work off of. I know those are gonna be the hardest to get a hold of for the swap, so if anybody has any leads, that would be awesome. been crazy trying to get all this stuff working. Update also the supercharger is under way for it. And the Bonne broke again, but hopefully that was the last motor mount that mysteriously broke from that mechanic, since I did it and know its the correct mount. Also i'm not sure if anyone has TBird experiance, but wondering if we know if cobra rim/tires will fit? I'd like to see some mustang style fat GT tires under there. Thx for lookin and if I get a response, you guys know its hard for me to get on. so some of you have my number for a back up purpose for a quick response. the quicker the info comes the sooner I can be back out there with a ford proudly doing what we do. I know I shouldn't be but I feel a little off rolling in the bonne with you guys when I do make it out.
Robkw82
Robkw82
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 83
My Name: : Rob White
My Ride/Rides: : 89 Tbird (work in progress) 2000 Bonneville SSEI

Back to top Go down

manual swap! Empty Re: manual swap!

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:10 pm

good to hear about some progress! i dont know about any donor car but on v6power.net they swap to c4 all the time. I would post on there you might get some hits.
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Rob, good to see your back on. Sounds like you have your hands full. As always you have my #. Call anytime.

As for the questions above...I'm stumped. Most T-birds I have dealt with were built 3.8's and had beefed up autos in them.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Robkw82 Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:14 am

theres a lot of 5spd Tbird just gotta know how to find them since theyre not wanted as much as a Mustang you dont see many at all running around via auto or 5spd. but I did some more investigating on the web. since i've never done this I worry a bit about pieces but I'm sure once Its on its way or even done I'll look back like well that was easy.... lol. and thx for the website man you told me about them b4 but i Kept forgetting the site. but this may be a pain but we realized quick how much of a pain it would be to yank the engine again hook up the tranny and fight that back in there when it was already a pain to fight the engine itself in. atleast this way I can do it in pieces over a period of maybe 2 days max. so we'll see and hopefully I'll see you guys back on the south side soon. if not well hopefully i'll be free for the next meeting. I know we got a lot of new ppl, so look forward to seeing the new stuff.
Robkw82
Robkw82
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 83
My Name: : Rob White
My Ride/Rides: : 89 Tbird (work in progress) 2000 Bonneville SSEI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down