WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Event: Kick-off Cruise to the Kalamazoo Air Museum on 4/30/11

+14
Batman
GreyGhost
Unmanned
JabBen
LilStang
R-stang
BraMas
StateGT
PAINTERDUDE
BRADTHEBLADE
JUSTAGT
Eturner
wingedone
Danstang
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Past Event: Kick-off Cruise to the Kalamazoo Air Museum on 4/30/11 Empty Past Event: Kick-off Cruise to the Kalamazoo Air Museum on 4/30/11

Post by Danstang Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:44 pm

CHANGE OF PLANS!!! Due to renovations going on at the Henry Ford Museum in the automotive wing and other areas, we are changing our we are cruising to. The new location will be the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but the folks at The Henry Ford said this would not be the best time to enjoy their facility. I will finish this post with correct info and pricing as soon as I get on a computer.

Hey everyone, it's coming up on our first major event for the spring/summer on Saturday, April 30th! We will be cruising to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo (museum). I personally have never been there, but from what I hear it is an awesome place and well worth the visit! We are going to finalize more plans and get you all some much needed info so we all can be informed. The most current info will always be posted at the START OF THIS THREAD! Please check this often for possible changes.
Lansing Area Crew
10:15am-----Meet at the Meijers in Charlotte (go figure!)
10:30am-----Leave from Charlotte south on I-69 to I-94 west
11:30am-----Arrive in Kalamazoo for lunch @ Sonic in Portage 349 Romence RD. 49024 (269)324-7777
1:00-1:30pm------Arrive at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo

West MI Area Crew
9:53am-----Meet @ BP off I196 exit 49 762 Cabill Dr. Holland MI
10:01am----Leave for Plainwell Meijer
10:45am----Arrive @ Plainwell Meijer 1195 M89 Plainwell MI (Exit 49B? if you are coming from GR)
10:55am----Leave Plainwell Meijer for Sonic
STILL MORE INFO TO COME!

The Air Zoo is proud to offer free general admission to its facility.

Free general admission includes entrance to the Main Campus, including:

* Guadalcanal Memorial Museum
* Michigan Aviation Hall of Fame
* More than 30 rare and historic aircraft
* Historic artifacts
* Interactive kiosks

Unlimited Ride Packages and tickets are available for purchase to enjoy our amusement park-style rides and attractions including:

* Montgolfier Balloon Ride
* Flying Circus Bi-Plane Ride
* Full Motion Flight Simulators
* 3-D Space Shuttle
* 4-D Missions Theater

Best Value! Ultimate Ace Package - $12.95
48" or taller
Includes:

* Montgolfier Balloon Race
* 4-D Missions Theater
* Flying Circus Bi-Plane
* 3-D Space Shuttle
* Full-Motion Flight Simulators

Junior Flyer Package - $10.95
42" or taller
Includes:

* 4-D Missions Theater
* Flying Circus Bi-Plane
* 3-D Space Shuttle

Co-Pilot Package - $6.95
36" or taller
Includes:

* 4-D Missions Theater
* Flying Circus Bi-Plane

Children 2 and under are free

Individual ride tickets may also be purchased for $2 each at the Main Campus. Each ride takes one or two tickets.

Who all will be attending?

Last edited by Danstang on Sun May 01, 2011 1:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Kick-off Cruise to the Kalamazoo Air Museum on 4/30/11 Empty Re: Past Event: Kick-off Cruise to the Kalamazoo Air Museum on 4/30/11

Post by wingedone Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:26 am

Count us down for 2. Especially helpful if you can get a group rate.

Thanks Dan!
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Past Event: Kick-off Cruise to the Kalamazoo Air Museum on 4/30/11 Empty Re: Past Event: Kick-off Cruise to the Kalamazoo Air Museum on 4/30/11

Post by Eturner Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Count us in to Dan!!!.... We missed alot of things last year. So I'm taking time off work for this.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by JUSTAGT Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:53 pm

The boat wont be here yet and Erica doesnt start pitching horseshoes til May so count us in for 2 - cant wait to see everyone (and my baby back on the road) again for another year of fun and spirit!
JUSTAGT
JUSTAGT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 97
My Name: : Debbie
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Red Fire Metallic GT and 2005 F150 Lariat
Mods: : Ford racing suspension kit, Cervini hood, cold air intake, Forte rims, shorty antenna, personalized plate, sequential tail lights and other goodies I don't even understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:21 pm

we will be there.bringing both cars and both kids.time to put some miles on the vert
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by PAINTERDUDE Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Not sure if I am dragging the wife and kids to this but I should be there, I'm parking between Brad and Dan when we get there, Do we draw short straws to see who watches the cars? Very Happy Wait till you guys see all the family rides just waiting for some nice paint to park up against bump
PAINTERDUDE
PAINTERDUDE
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 161
Humor : If you can read this, your too damn close.
My Name: : Lyle
My Ride/Rides: : 1996 Mustang GT
Mods: : Custon tri-coat silver and black paint. Marbelized racing stripes. Eibach 2 inch lowering springs.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:03 pm

i dont mind were i park as long as its not by a fire truck!lol
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by StateGT Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Yes , we'll be there. Where's the store in ER ? haven't been down there since before my Dad's cousin passed away. His cousins were the Moore brothers.

StateGT
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 28
My Name: : Barb
My Ride/Rides: : 06 Colorado Red GT coupe . Winter ride 08 Caravan to haul day care kids around and avoid SUV drivers who can't drive in Winter conditions.
Mods: : Seqential tail lights , shock tower covers , lots of bevels , "chrome" mirror and door handle covers , shortie antenna , interior dress ups , Ford Factory bra for stone protection , fits better than others we tried , car cover for Winter storage.

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:04 pm

I looks like we are going to have to not do Henry Ford Museum. Dan called them yesterday and they are doing a year long renovation and most of the cars are in storage right now.
I'm going to start another thread with maybe another option
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by JUSTAGT Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:05 pm

thats a bummer - so what is plan B?
JUSTAGT
JUSTAGT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 97
My Name: : Debbie
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Red Fire Metallic GT and 2005 F150 Lariat
Mods: : Ford racing suspension kit, Cervini hood, cold air intake, Forte rims, shorty antenna, personalized plate, sequential tail lights and other goodies I don't even understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by PAINTERDUDE Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 pm

I still vote for Auburn especially if we could meet up with some other clubs.
PAINTERDUDE
PAINTERDUDE
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Mods: : Custon tri-coat silver and black paint. Marbelized racing stripes. Eibach 2 inch lowering springs.

Back to top Go down

Post by StateGT Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:29 pm

My husband suggested the Kalamazoo Air Zoo . We've never been there , so don't know if that's even anything anyone would be interested in.

I took a friend who needed a break from her chemo on a "tour" from Coldwater to Manchester on the Old Chicago Road last Fall . Don't have a map handy , maybe it's Rt 12 ? Saw soooo many cool cars. I swear the route attracts every muscle car ever made. I was constantly surprised at the cars we saw. We managed to leave Okemos late enough to have an lunch at the drive- in restaurant on the West side of Coldwater. It's really a tourist attraction that the locals patronize , too. We wouldn't even all be able to fit in at the same time , but they had cars that were being served elsewhere in the parking lot. Wouldn't take much to find the name of it . I found it on a Pur Michigan Web site in the Fall. The road winds through neat little towns. MSU's Hidden Lake Gardens , a huge arboreatum with very windy roads and an attack swan , isn't too far off the route toward the East end of the ride we took.

Just 2 ideas..

Barb

StateGT
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

My Ride/Rides: : 06 Colorado Red GT coupe . Winter ride 08 Caravan to haul day care kids around and avoid SUV drivers who can't drive in Winter conditions.
Mods: : Seqential tail lights , shock tower covers , lots of bevels , "chrome" mirror and door handle covers , shortie antenna , interior dress ups , Ford Factory bra for stone protection , fits better than others we tried , car cover for Winter storage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:27 pm

With spring weather the way it can be in our area up here, we are looking into places where we would not be caught outside if weather goes sour. The K-zoo air museum is our plan B at the moment. Plan C goes to Auburn.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:26 pm

If there is still anyone out there who may not know, the Kalamazoo Air Zoo is the new place we will cruise to on April 30th (the title and info on this event was changed also). bump

Always refer to the start of this thread for the most current plans!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StateGT Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:55 am

Where in Eaton Rapids are we starting for those of us not familar with ER ?

We'll definitely be there.

StateGT
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:46 pm

I think you guys are meeting at Meijer
"10:15am-----Meet at the Meijers in Charlotte"
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PAINTERDUDE Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:37 am

I will try to make it. Pencil me in.
PAINTERDUDE
PAINTERDUDE
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by StateGT Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Yes , we'll be in Charlotte early. Somehow didn't see the newer thread.

StateGT
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:17 am

so much work to do and the clock is ticking fast.i think i already said it but count us in.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:34 pm

I updated the original post with where we are meeting for lunch before the Air Zoo
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by R-stang Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:05 pm

trying to git the day off so we can be there.

R-stang

Female Number of posts : 4
My Name: : Melinda Rhoden
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 gt silver

Back to top Go down

Post by LilStang Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:50 am

Count me in!
LilStang
LilStang

Female Number of posts : 1
My Name: : Amanda
My Ride/Rides: : 02, Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Post by JabBen Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:34 pm

we sholud be their
JabBen
JabBen
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 88
Humor : There it is
My Name: : James B
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Mustang gt Black
Mods: : Sequential tail lights Cobra fog lights Ford racing lowering spring Vortech supercharger 4:10 gears Magnaflow xpipe Flowmaster muffler sub-frame connection cat-back Cobra wheels 03 Cobra bumper gauges and gauge pod Under hood dress Dual halo projector head lights window tints

Back to top Go down

Post by Unmanned Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:52 pm

I can meet you at Meijers. Expect to see me.
Unmanned
Unmanned
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 52
My Name: : James Lo Tempio
My Ride/Rides: : 1989 Mustang GT Convertible, Red/White SOLD
2003 Mustang Convertible, Yellow/White Daughters
2000 Ford Explorer Limited Edition, White/Tan
2009 Jeep Compass
Mods: : Steering Wheel cover, Its VERY nice. :p

https://www.facebook.com/Seasick007

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Andie called Bessie today, It looks like she will be attending also.

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next