WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any info on this?

5 posters

Go down

Any info on this? Empty Any info on this?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm new to the Wildhorses, but not to the mustang spirit. I've got a question, hope there's someone close to or in Ohio who can help out. I have a 98 Mustang GT. I'm a big shelby fan, but I don't want the new shelby. I want the old one, the first one, the one with ALL the horses. Don't get me wrong, the new shelby that came out looks awesome, but I honestly don't think it has the muscle that the first one did. I'm looking for a 68 Ford Shelby GT 500... kinda like the one below. But I'm mainly looking for just the frame. I'm gonna start rebuilding my own, and I need to know if anyone can help me find one in a junkyard or someone's back yard... lol! But seriously, can anyone help!? I'm a girl who wants to go fast! LET ME KNOW PLEASE!

Any info on this? MarkConner

Back to top Go down

Any info on this? Empty Re: Any info on this?

Post by scstanger Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:58 pm

Good luck!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:07 am

x2! You'll pay big $$$ for an original, but building your own will save some.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:14 am

Your best bet is to find a regular Mustang and make a Shelby Clone. All the parts are out there. Hell you can even but a brand new Mustang Shell
http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?input=mustang+shell&SM=1&SC=E
Real Shelby go for well over 100K
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:38 am

That helps me out some, thanks BraMas. Still looking around here in the junkyards. The oldest one I found so far is a 76. Not what I was looking for. Keep me posted if anything else pops up guys. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:44 pm

the chances of finding a GT500 in a salvage yard would be like finding a spec of dust in outer space
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by MuscleStang Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:02 pm

Well atleast you have good taste... that's probably my favorite body style...
. Ford
MuscleStang
MuscleStang
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 206
Humor : yes
My Name: : Glenn
My Ride/Rides: : .

My son's ride--
'03 Mustang GT convertible,
{Dark Shadow Grey Metallic}
My ride--
'66 Falcon/Fairlane Ranchero Sport

Mods: : .
'03-
CAI,
BBK 78 mm Throttle Intake,
MAC H-pipe,
DynoMax cat-back,
Microchips-performance tune,
4:10 FRPP gears,,,

'66-
302 stroked - 331 +++

440 HP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:50 pm

yea id go with finding an old non shelby and restore/clone it in to one . at least that way you keep the age and gain the look and keep some money in your account............ not a lot but some

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:24 am

First the one in the photo is a 67 I know because I had one for 12 years and I am listed in the Shelby registry from back then. I can tell you in California you can get a nice 67 or 68 GT350 for a normal price. I think you might be able to pick one up for about 30 or 40 grand if you look in the normal classified and eBay. To be honest the normal price for a GT500 is about 100,000 right now if it is very nice but you can find plenty of rough ones for much less, even below 50000. If you just want the look that is simple you can buy all the parts you see one the car for very cheap prices from Mustang Parts suppliers. I suggest you find yourself a 67 or 68 fastback mustang that is real rough and then get it running well and start to get it looking nice mechanically. Then before you paint it buy the Shelby rear end lights and spoiler, side scoops, nose and front end parts and the shelby hood. You can even buy the shelby wheels. I figure doing a clone would be well below 25000 if you can do some of the Work yourself. When you get the car you can contact me and I could help you find the parts. Also, consider the 65-66 Mustang Fastback as it is much easier to clone the 65-66 GT350 Shelby. If you just want a nice Mustang check out the Mach 1, 68 GT and GTA you can still get them pretty cheap. Now just to let you know the 2011 Mustang GT would kick the crap out of just about any of the old classic Mustangs and you can take my word on that, I owned them all and I owned the 67 GT500. So do not turn away from the new cars. If you want to talk please contact me I love helping Mustang fans out. Frank
pointed@earthlink.net

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 243

http://wildhorsesmustangassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down