WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine stalling

5 posters

Go down

Engine stalling Empty Engine stalling

Post by GreyGhost Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Hello, Can anyone give me some good advice on my problem Im having with my mustang? I have an 05 s197 v/8 5spd, and it "lopes" while idling and idles erraticlly. It also stalls whenever I come to a stop. I have noticed when sitting still it only idles around 500 rpm. That seems too low to me. I got gas a few days ago and rite afterwards the car went into "failsafe mode" and stalled. I started it back up and that is when the problem started. I put some "Heet" in and have run almost all the fuel out of the tank. Now it seems to be getting worse. All this is confusing to me because I have not got any trouble codes. Any ideas? confused scratch

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Engine stalling Empty Re: Engine stalling

Post by ljwhite174 Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:25 pm

the only thing that i could think of is check your tps (throttle position sensor) i have a 01 with an aode and it would do the same thing i would stop or back up and it would die and then it just wouldnt run at all i changed that out and it ran great after that the other thing could be your egr valve could be clogged due to the crappy gas you might have gotten, not sure if that will help but thats all i could think of..
ljwhite174
ljwhite174
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 501
Humor : I wonder if that honda burns white or fried rice???
My Name: : larry
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 white GT vert
Mods: : none yet

https://www.facebook.com/wildhorses.clarksvilletnchapter

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

I take it wasn't your IAC?
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:22 am

I know that they changed some things in the '05+ models, but the first thing I would do if it was my car would be to check the IAC, MAF and look for any possible vacuum leaks.

My first thought with what your describing would be a vac. line losing suction, but all of the above are possible.
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 431
My Name: : Evan
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Mustang GT,
2003 Mercury Mountaineer,
2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*
Mods: : I've got a few..

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:48 am

BraMas wrote:I take it wasn't your IAC?
I looked in the book and the AIC is not located any where I can find in the 05+ cars. I looked for any vac leaks. I'm gonna clean the air filter and change the fuel filter, then try a fresh tank of gas and see if that helps.

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Well.... After looking on a lot of other forums I think I found the problem! The AIC is part of the throttle body. So I cleaned it all out and it seems to be running great! (STILL KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED) Only after going to a car show today and embarassing myself, pulling up in "failsafe mode", running my battery down and having to push start my car. then trying to look cool and burnout, the car stalls and wouldn't start again! Thanks guys for your help. I love this club!

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:45 pm

That's great! I'd forgotten that you mentioned that the other day. I don't know why I couldn't recall at the time, but Jessica (Phrostygurl) had the same problem a while back. Glad you got on here to ask these guys, always good info.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Danstang wrote:That's great! I'd forgotten that you mentioned that the other day. I don't know why I couldn't recall at the time, but Jessica (Phrostygurl) had the same problem a while back. Glad you got on here to ask these guys, always good info.

Thats what this approve club is all about. Friends helping friends! woot

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by ljwhite174 Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Sorry I wasn't alittle more help I still have the old cable throttle on mine I forget they went fly by wire throttle bodies in the 05' and up cheers banghead
ljwhite174
ljwhite174
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 501
Humor : I wonder if that honda burns white or fried rice???
My Name: : larry
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 white GT vert
Mods: : none yet

https://www.facebook.com/wildhorses.clarksvilletnchapter

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:41 pm

It is all new to me too. I think the problem was also a bad battery. The eye was green on top of the battery, but it had a bad drop in voltage when put under a load. So bad gas, dirty throttle body, dirty air filter and a bum battery all causing many problems. banghead

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down