WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should I do next? - Roush_Stage2_03

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What should I do next? - Roush_Stage2_03 Empty Re: What should I do next? - Roush_Stage2_03

Post by JH96GT Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:05 pm

gears and spray the crap out of it....... :*nos*:
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

What should I do next? - Roush_Stage2_03 Empty Re: What should I do next? - Roush_Stage2_03

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:05 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:Thanks AJ.

Im not on campus very much. Just on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning for one class.

Anybody.....what should I do next to my car? What are some good mods to start out with? 4:10s? Cold air intake? Cams?

What kind of budget do you have to work with? And what are your plans with the car (ex do you plan on throwing on a supercharger down the road)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:26 pm

I have a budget and i dont think it includes a supercharger. I wish it did but I'm not sure if I have the money to spend on it. I might throw a Kenne Bell on WAY down the road.

My plans for the car are to put mods on that are somewhat reasonably priced. Im very open to suggestions so whatever the best mods are I'm down for it. Just let me know what those mods might be?

Is cold air intake worth getting? Or should I do gears first?

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:47 pm

Well it all depends what you wanna do in the long run.... if you wanna go with a supercharger then I wouldnt go over a 3.73 gear but if you got turbo then a 3.55 would be nice, as far as a cam that depends too! if you wanna go NA with a nasty cam then you should plan on getting your heads ported and get the correct pushrods matched for whatever cam you choose!

What are your current mods on the beast now?
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:16 am

Do you mean engine mods.... or cosmetics???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:I have a budget and i dont think it includes a supercharger. I wish it did but I'm not sure if I have the money to spend on it. I might throw a Kenne Bell on WAY down the road.

My plans for the car are to put mods on that are somewhat reasonably priced. Im very open to suggestions so whatever the best mods are I'm down for it. Just let me know what those mods might be?

Is cold air intake worth getting? Or should I do gears first?

Well I wouldn't do cams until you know for sure a blower is going on. And even if you know the KB is going on I would wait and install the cams at the same time. As far as gears go with 3.73s if you want a supercharger or 4.10s if you stay N/A. For now you can work on the suspension, rear end, or drivetrain. You could do some simple bolt-ons like intake, throttle body, plenum, pullies. Although if you go with the KB you won't reuse most of it, at least not the pullies or plenum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:47 pm

Murph - Thanks for the advice. Just kinda weighing my options right now and taking some suggestions. The only mods I have done is UPR offroad X-pipe.

AladymeGT - Thanks for the welcome. Whats your name?

MaxStealth - Don't realy need any cosmetic mods. Lookin to do a series of engine mods.

2k6 - The Kenne Bell wouldnt be going for quite some time and I'm not even sure if Im gonna do it. I think Im just gonna say NO to the supercharger for the time being. I definately wanna do the gears though. Will I need to do some suspension upgrades if I do the 4:10s? I was reading on the Roush website that the Stage 2's came with suspension upgrades but I'm not sure how advanced they are.
Is cold air intake worth getting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:15 pm

You don't have to do suspension with the gears. I believe the roush suspension included springs, shocks and struts, control arms and brakes. So you could do subframe connectors. I think an air intake is worth it, I went with the jlt on mine. I would also look into some different tires like nittos if you drive it a lot or et streets if you don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Thats good to hear about the suspension. One of my buddies was tellin me to put some JLT cold air intake on it so I'm glad to hear that it's worth it. I saw in a mustang magazine that the JLT can add anywhere from 10-20 horsepower. Is that true?

About the tires.....I've got some Sumitomo's on there right now. Not sure what kind but I know that's the make of them. Are those tires alright?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:17 pm

dude you probably should have started a post for this!!! Its like 5 pages and one whole page plus some is bout it.... I dont want to sound like an ass... but it doesnt have to do with the post.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:02 am

I split this off of the "introduce yourself thread." Please feel free to continue this here.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:38 am

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:Thats good to hear about the suspension. One of my buddies was tellin me to put some JLT cold air intake on it so I'm glad to hear that it's worth it. I saw in a mustang magazine that the JLT can add anywhere from 10-20 horsepower. Is that true?

About the tires.....I've got some Sumitomo's on there right now. Not sure what kind but I know that's the make of them. Are those tires alright?

Ya you will probably get 10-12, but every car responds different some get 8 and others will get that 20. You will get the most out of it if you get a tune to go with it. Not sure on the tires. I had Sumitomos on my v6 camaro and they worked, but if you plan on taking off hard and driving the car like you stole it then you may need to look at something stickier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:56 pm

How much would the intake and the tune cost me??

I'll see how it does at the track some time and go from there with the tires.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:33 pm

A tune isn't worth it at this point. You are looking at 500 for a chip and dyno tune roughly. Maybe more. I'd just do the 4.10's and JLT CAI and a 100-125 shot of juice and that will be more than enough to make you happy.

P.S, like my flames as I pulled that LS1 car the other night? haha. Gotta love how the 96-98 cobras will shoot flames between shifts at redline. Shocked Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:40 pm

4.10's! Cams! Short Throw Shifter (i love my steeda tri-ax)! and a Cold Air Intake + a Tune
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:42 pm

Murph wrote:4.10's! Cams! Short Throw Shifter (i love my steeda tri-ax)! and a Cold Air Intake + a Tune
Cams + tune is much more expensive than a simple EFI NX Nitrous kit, and will not net more power. That's just my opinion. He already has a short throw shifter, and it's really too short of a throw haha Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:16 pm

breakinparts wrote:
Murph wrote:4.10's! Cams! Short Throw Shifter (i love my steeda tri-ax)! and a Cold Air Intake + a Tune
Cams + tune is much more expensive than a simple EFI NX Nitrous kit, and will not net more power. That's just my opinion. He already has a short throw shifter, and it's really too short of a throw haha Very Happy

But you dont get the sound of the cam, or the kind of torque all the way through the powerband.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:17 pm

breakinparts wrote:

Ya throwing some juice on there would be nice. Cams are a tough call. They do make the car sound awesome but unless you do supporting mods such as full intake (cai, tb, plenum) or ported heads you're really not going to get the full potential out of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:20 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
breakinparts wrote:

Ya throwing some juice on there would be nice. Cams are a tough call. They do make the car sound awesome but unless you do supporting mods such as full intake (cai, tb, plenum) or ported heads you're really not going to get the full potential out of them.

Definately true. Ported heads and cams go really well together on the 2v's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:49 pm

SteviGX wrote:
breakinparts wrote:

But you dont get the sound of the cam, or the kind of torque all the way through the powerband.
Sound attracts attention, unless you like that sort of thing.

I'd research nitrous and torque and rethink that statement. Wink The nice thing about nitrous is you can have a stock driving car until you flip that switch. Con is you have to refill the bottle. I know Chris and know he's not ready for the bottle yet. He needs to do gears and intake and further learn how to drive a stick better. Then maximize his driving capabilities with practice and then worry about more power. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:56 pm

bottles are for babies lol.

I'm not disputing nitrous. and i'm not saying the sound as far as attention. i just love how cams sound. I'm just not a big fan of nitrous in general. i'm a man on motor. gonna try to keep it that way

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 am

Still need a good tune with Nitrous and over a short time an engine rebuild. but I agree i love nitrous, the cheapest bang for the buck
:*burnout*:
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:05 am

Nitrous FTW!

I'm already thinking of making my sixer a NX fed beast. There are more turbo and supercharged cars around here than ever. NX is becoming a thing of the past.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:08 am

SteviGX wrote:bottles are for babies lol.

I'm not disputing nitrous. and i'm not saying the sound as far as attention. i just love how cams sound. I'm just not a big fan of nitrous in general. i'm a man on motor. gonna try to keep it that way
bottles may be for babies but they are so much fun and at least they get fed for cheap!!!!!! :*woohoo*: :*bonk(:
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:09 am

1fstroush wrote:Nitrous FTW!

I'm already thinking of making my sixer a NX fed beast. There are more turbo and supercharged cars around here than ever. NX is becoming a thing of the past.
do it!!!!! that would be amazing :*nos*: i really don't know how long the sixer would hold to that though
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum