WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tupelo, MS Mustang Car show, cruise, and dinner - March 13th

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tupelo, MS Mustang Car show, cruise, and dinner - March 13th Empty Tupelo, MS Mustang Car show, cruise, and dinner - March 13th

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:22 pm

So far we have about 6 cars coming from baton rouge, denham, and Laf. I'd like to see if we can get more people to cruise out there as well as it seems like it could be a nice weekend trip to get out of town for a couple days for a change of scenery and excuse to drive the cars. Its a show, shine, car museum, and dinner with a guest speaker.

Anyhow, here's the thread on evolution where we are trying to organize members going.
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t192903/

Also, here's the link to the event information. This is the second year of doing this event for the club organizing it.
http://www.tupelocruise.com/

Anyone else interested in going, let me know and I will include y'all in our planning.

Back to top Go down

Tupelo, MS Mustang Car show, cruise, and dinner - March 13th Empty tupelo cruise

Post by dago Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi my name is Glenda im the event coordinator for the louisiana wildhorses club.This would be a great event for us to attend.i need to know how much per person for the days event asap.i dont know yet if we will come the day before are not yet so if you will give me this information i can have for our meet this saturday.if we do come the day before i have the information on the hotels.thank you one more thing this is only a one day event?
dago
dago

Female Number of posts : 852
My Name: : GLENDA
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 GT YELLOW SHE IS CALLED BLACK WIDOW SHE HAS A TUNNER A COLD AIR INTAKE CATBACK X PIPES RUNS A 13.5 IN THE QUARTER two tone katskin leater with a blackwidow on the head rest yellow carbin dash kit.

Back to top Go down

Tupelo, MS Mustang Car show, cruise, and dinner - March 13th Empty Re: Tupelo, MS Mustang Car show, cruise, and dinner - March 13th

Post by blackstang1 Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:36 am

we are for sure gonna post this at our meet this weekend and get people together for this. FOR SURE!
blackstang1
blackstang1
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 580
Humor : when life gives you lemons.. dont make lemonade.. Throw them at someone.. Its funny and it makes you feel better.
My Name: : TONY
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 MUSTANG GT
Mods: : A FEW...

Back to top Go down

Tupelo, MS Mustang Car show, cruise, and dinner - March 13th Empty Re: Tupelo, MS Mustang Car show, cruise, and dinner - March 13th

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:22 am

This is a one day event on that saturday only. The car show is from 10 am to 5 pm and the catered dinner is from 7 to 9 with a guest speaker.

The pricing for the event is as follows:

$5 pre-registration fee to be in the car show. $10 day of the show.
$7.50 entry to the car museum unless you are a MCA member, then it is $5.
And then if you choose to attend the catered dinner, it is $20 per person for the dinner - this requires pre-registration however.

All of the above prices are optional items. You can do them all, or none. Also, there will be MCA judges there to judge your car if you would like to see how you would stack up in an office MCA event.

We are looking to stay at the clarion that is recommended on the cruise website. It is $69 a night single occupancy and $75 for double.

Our group is planning to head up there sometime friday afternoon. We are actually meeting this weekend to lock down our plans of whether to drive all the way to tupelo friday night, or stop in Jackson and cruise in with 2 other clubs that are meeting up in Jackson.

On the way back we intend to cruise down the Naches Trace for the scenery.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackstang1 Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:08 pm

rob....

you should come out for our meet this saturday and help glenda put this info out to our group. i know that jennifer and i are gonna try to go. so thats one you can count in... unless i have to get stuck at wrk...lol but ill know asap. ill take that day off if i have to...lol.
blackstang1
blackstang1
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Humor : when life gives you lemons.. dont make lemonade.. Throw them at someone.. Its funny and it makes you feel better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:33 am

Sorry bout the late reply. I couldn't really make it out this weekend. I'm currently shopping for a house so most of my free time on weekend has been taken up looking at houses.

Anyhow....here is what we decided on this past weekend in case y'all would like to travel with us:

- Meet up in the back corner opposite Hooters at the Bass Pro in Denham Springs by 4:00 pm friday March 12th.
- Drive from Denham Springs to Jackson, MS and spend the night at a hotel to be determined.
- Leave Jackson with the Living Legends car club. We will meet up with them at 7:00 am Satuday, March 13th, at PF Changs.
- Do the show, and dinner if you so choose, through the day saturday.
- Stay over in Tupelo Saturday night at the Clarion. Contact info for the clarion is here: Tupelo Hotels - Tupelo MS Clarion Inn Hotel - Tupelo MS Hotels Mention the cruise in to receive the discounted rate.
- Leave Tupelo on Sunday morning. The return trip will be down the Natchez Trace. Scenic and historical cruise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crys_707 Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Does it cost the same for a child to get in and eat? I know that sometimes it is cheaper for kids than adults. There are a few of us with kids and we need to know so we can figure up how much money we need for them too.
Crys_707
Crys_707
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Female Number of posts : 141
Humor : I'm never wrong. I once thought I was wrong, turns out, I was mistaken.
My Ride/Rides: : 94 Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:06 pm

I don't know for sure, however I will find out as the organizer is a member on my forum. I'm guessing it will be as they don't have any special prices listed on the registration page...but I will find out for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crys_707 Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:09 pm

thank you. I just know like out here the museum and uss kidd is cheaper for kids to get in than adults. Just trying to figure out how much its gonna cost us to go with or without the kids. I have a 4 year old and a 4 month old. If you could find out if i wouold have to pay anything for the baby. It is greatly appreciated.
Crys_707
Crys_707
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by blackstang1 Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:00 pm

rob... we wil have a total count for you by the 20th on how many we will have travleing with you.
blackstang1
blackstang1
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Crys_707 wrote:thank you. I just know like out here the museum and uss kidd is cheaper for kids to get in than adults. Just trying to figure out how much its gonna cost us to go with or without the kids. I have a 4 year old and a 4 month old. If you could find out if i wouold have to pay anything for the baby. It is greatly appreciated.

I'm waiting to hear back on the dinner portion, however I did some research on the car museum website and it appears both your kids can get in free.

$10.00 Adult
$5 Children ages 5-12
Children 4 and under Free

Back to top Go down

Post by Crys_707 Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Thank you very much. I really appreciate you looking into that for me.
I have another question for Mrs. Glenda.
The rooms that we will be staying in you said $65 for single and $75 for double.
Is that for the beds in the room or the amount of people that are going to be staying in them?
Crys_707
Crys_707
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Crys_707 wrote:Thank you very much. I really appreciate you looking into that for me.
I have another question for Mrs. Glenda.
The rooms that we will be staying in you said $65 for single and $75 for double.
Is that for the beds in the room or the amount of people that are going to be staying in them?

It is for the amount of people staying. I just made my reservations today and it came to $81.94 after taxes for a room with double occupancy with two double beds instead of a single king. They base it off of whether you ask for a single bed or the doubles without you even telling them how many will be in the room.

Edit: Wow, that was kind of circular. Basically, tell them you need the two beds, you'll pay the price I paid. Tell them you only need one bed, you'll pay the lesser price.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Also, here is the update on the dinner prices:

I checked on the food and we are getting it at a really good discount so they are not moving. They did say that they do not charge for kids that are small enough to have to eat of their mother's plate. I hope that helps. If you have any other questions just give me a call at 5013393058. John Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crys_707 Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:05 pm

I talked to John Farmer myself he said that to enter the car show was basically a wash out you will paying $10 either way you go. If you pre register it is $5 pre registration and $5 admin fees.
Crys_707
Crys_707
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:15 pm

That is true, unless you mail a check or money order according to their website. The handling fee is only for credit cards and paypal payments.

Back to top Go down

Post by dago Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:18 pm

PureVenom wrote:This is a one day event on that saturday only. The car show is from 10 am to 5 pm and the catered dinner is from 7 to 9 with a guest speaker.

The pricing for the event is as follows:

$5 pre-registration fee to be in the car show. $10 day of the show.
$7.50 entry to the car museum unless you are a MCA member, then it is $5.
And then if you choose to attend the catered dinner, it is $20 per person for the dinner - this requires pre-registration however.

All of the above prices are optional items. You can do them all, or none. Also, there will be MCA judges there to judge your car if you would like to see how you would stack up in an office MCA event.

We are looking to stay at the clarion that is recommended on the cruise website. It is $69 a night single occupancy and $75 for double.

Our group is planning to head up there sometime friday afternoon. We are actually meeting this weekend to lock down our plans of whether to drive all the way to tupelo friday night, or stop in Jackson and cruise in with 2 other clubs that are meeting up in Jackson.

On the way back we intend to cruise down the Naches Trace for the scenery.
WHERE WOULD WE STAY IN JACKSON
dago
dago

Female Number of posts : 852
My Name: : GLENDA
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 GT YELLOW SHE IS CALLED BLACK WIDOW SHE HAS A TUNNER A COLD AIR INTAKE CATBACK X PIPES RUNS A 13.5 IN THE QUARTER two tone katskin leater with a blackwidow on the head rest yellow carbin dash kit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm

We are communicating with the living legends car club on that one. They wanted us to run our selections of hotels by them because there are some bad areas they would like for us to avoid staying in. We have a message out to them for their seal of approval on locations so none of our cars get jacked with.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarmdog Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Glenda

This is John Farmer. Sorry we got disconnected. We had snow today and my coverage has been very poor. Regardless it was a pleasure to talk to you and if there is anything I can do to make this event more enjoyable for your group please let me know.

Thanks!
MrFarmdog Cool
mrfarmdog
mrfarmdog
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarmdog Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey I thought I would throw this out to the group since someone else mentioned it. Several people have asked about kids and how to handle them at the banquet. I have a hospitality suite at the hotel that I will allow kids to stay at and we will get a baby sitter and order pizza and have movies for them to watch. If someone is interested let me know. There will probably be a $10 fee to cover baby sitting and food (pizza and juice boxes) but that is a lot cheaper than doing the banquet and this way the kids get to come. If someone is interested PM me and lets discuss. This is a space limited offer though.
mrfarmdog
mrfarmdog
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarmdog Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Tony and I have worked out an arrangement for group registration. He is collecting all the money for the group at your next meeting on the 20th.

We ask that you go ahead and preregister now by filling out the web form at this link http://tupelocruise.com/regform.asp

On the section of the form where it says "How did you hear about the Tupelo Cruise? OTHER" In the Other box enter WILD HORSES GROUP REGISTRATION - LA CHAPTER.

When you submit the form you will receive and email about payment. There is no need to pay online. Tony will collect the money at the meeting on the 20th. This will save each of you the $5 handling fees.

Feel free to contact myself or Tony with any questions or just post up in this thread.

Thanks!

John Farmer
mrfarmdog
mrfarmdog
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfarmdog Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:09 pm

FYI

I have received advance registrations from three people so far...

Suzanne
Tony
Glenda

If anyone else wants to participate in this group registration please fill out this form http://tupelocruise.com/regform.asp

Thanks!
mrfarmdog
mrfarmdog
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Ok, it's been forever, but if y'all are still thinking of cruising out and stopping in jackson with my group to cruise into tupelo with the club from mississippi, they have finally gotten back to us on hotel options in Jackson. We are looking to stay at the holiday inn express in jackson. Here's the info that was posted on our forum

Got some info on a hotel tonight. It was suggested we try the Holiday Inn Express by the Bass Pro Shop. It is about 15 min. from the meet up but is a Safe place to stay. It also has a lot of places to eat near by. I checked on rates and they are about $65, not to bad.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/janse?rpb=rate&crUrl=/h/d/ex/1/en/rates/janse&ias=y

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Also, are our two groups still planning to ride out to mississippi together?

Back to top Go down

Post by blackstang1 Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:00 am

PureVenom wrote:Also, are our two groups still planning to ride out to mississippi together?

I do plan to have our group ride with you guys. however... we are gonna go stratight on through when you all stop in jackson. Pm me excat meet time place details for that friday so that i can get it to those that are attending.
blackstang1
blackstang1
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next