WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some advice on where to get tires mounted in Mid-Michigan

+2
GearedRed6
wingedone
6 posters

Go down

Need some advice on where to get tires mounted in Mid-Michigan Empty Need some advice on where to get tires mounted in Mid-Michigan

Post by wingedone Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:05 pm

Hey guys,

I am going to transferring some tires from one set of wheels to another. I need a place to take them to, to get them transferred and balanced.

BUT, I don't want to deal with anyplace that will get pissy because I didn't buy the tires from them.

So, can you recommend a place to take them in Mid-Michigan (I live in Charlotte).

Thanks much!!!

Thomas
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Need some advice on where to get tires mounted in Mid-Michigan Empty Re: Need some advice on where to get tires mounted in Mid-Michigan

Post by GearedRed6 Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:49 pm

go to belle tire in lansing off of cedar and 96 or just south of that is budget tire either one will be helpful
GearedRed6
GearedRed6
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 330
Humor : Red by day, Orange by night!
My Name: : George
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 4.2 V6 Mustang Red
Mods: : H/C/I and full bolt ons sitting on 315s

Back to top Go down

Need some advice on where to get tires mounted in Mid-Michigan Empty Re: Need some advice on where to get tires mounted in Mid-Michigan

Post by loosenut41983 Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:09 am

whats the size? i work at firestone in lansing and we should be able to do it. just not sure on the pricing
loosenut41983
loosenut41983
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Number of posts : 174
Humor : a ford contour being pulled over by 7 pedal bike cops..... priceless!!!
My Name: : Scott
My Ride/Rides: : 00' Blue Ford Mustang V6
Mods: : magnaflow dual exhaust, steeda tri-ax short throw shifter, smoked headlights, infinity speakers, blue instrument gauges, smoked fog lights, mach 1 chin spoiler, bbk 65mm throttle body, bbk cold air induction, bbk shorty headers, shelby razor 17x9 wheels with bridgestone potenza re-01r, 7.5 posi-lok diff with 4.10 gears, aluminum girdle diff cover, bama custom tuner, sequential turn signals, mach 1 grille delete kit

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:20 am

They are 225/45-17.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:25 am

Unless you can get a discount I'd stay away from a chain store. For some reason they think it cost $18 a tire to mount and balance. What I have noticed is the smaller mom and pop shops charge about $10.
If they where 16 or smaller I could do it for free for you but then you would spend that much driving it to me Very Happy

Last edited by BraMas on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by loosenut41983 Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:28 am

yeah.... if price is an issue then im not sure if can do it that cheap. i can do a little bit of a discount, but not much. but we do have a newer machine that does a great job for low pro wheels.
loosenut41983
loosenut41983
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Mods: : magnaflow dual exhaust, steeda tri-ax short throw shifter, smoked headlights, infinity speakers, blue instrument gauges, smoked fog lights, mach 1 chin spoiler, bbk 65mm throttle body, bbk cold air induction, bbk shorty headers, shelby razor 17x9 wheels with bridgestone potenza re-01r, 7.5 posi-lok diff with 4.10 gears, aluminum girdle diff cover, bama custom tuner, sequential turn signals, mach 1 grille delete kit

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:22 pm

loosenut41983 wrote:yeah.... if price is an issue then im not sure if can do it that cheap. i can do a little bit of a discount, but not much. but we do have a newer machine that does a great job for low pro wheels.

Price was not as much an issue as attitude. Some places don't like mounting tires, they don't sell.

Give me a total will ya, 4 tires removed from 4 wheels, then mounted and balanced on 17x8 wheels.

Thanks!
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by loosenut41983 Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:51 pm

i think we could do it for maybe around 15 dollars a tire. but dont quote me exactly on the price. but mounting those tires are not a big deal. you can call my shop and ask them about the cost. its 517-321-0225, and just tell them you were talking to me about mounting the tires
loosenut41983
loosenut41983
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:09 pm

yeah i personally would use either Firestone or Budget tire.... i've used Belle because i get awesome discounts there but they do seem to try to push their tires...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:40 am

Thanks guys, I will check, once I figure out whether or not I can put the rims and tires I just bought on the Cobra. If I can (with the help of Shady on getting the lug nuts I need), then I will sell the wheels I bought from Brad. If I cannot get them on, then I will do the transfer of tires.

Thanks again.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:23 am

So you steal the rims I need from under me and now your selling them :*gripe*: J/K
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:07 am

BraMas wrote:So you steal the rims I need from under me and now your selling them :*gripe*: J/K

You will have first dibs (course now you won't want them). They are realy light though. Great for racing I would think.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by loosenut41983 Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:49 pm

what size are the wheels and do you have any pics of them? i have a set of tires i need wheels for so i can put them on my stang
loosenut41983
loosenut41983
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Well, let me figure out which wheels I will be getting rid of. If I can get lug nuts to fit my car the "KMC Hot Wheels Redline" wheels will be going on the Cobra. They are 17x7.5 carrying Blizzaks.

If I cannot get those wheels to fit (or the right lugs), then I will be transferring the Blizzaks to the 17x8 2001 SVT Cobra rims and will sell the KMC. Either way, the wheels are not real pretty, but the Cobra's have the advantage of being very light.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:59 pm

If I hadn't already bought a set I would be all over them.
If I remember right they are 99 Cobra rims
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:11 pm

BraMas wrote:If I hadn't already bought a set I would be all over them.
If I remember right they are 99 Cobra rims

Thanks for the correction. I was going to ask Brad, as I had forgotten.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyassracing Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Hey wingedone, if attitude is more important than money when it comes to mounting your tires, for $200 I will pick up your wheels & tires from your house and within 2 hours have them back and mounted.
I promise I will be smiling the whole time.
Very Happy
crazyassracing
crazyassracing
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 134
My Name: : Daryl
My Ride/Rides: : 2005 Mustang 4.0 5spd Manual Trans
Mods: : Trac-Lok LSD
3.73 Gears
Borla Axle-Back
Tunable Induction CAI
Demolet Performance Tune
Shaftmaster aluminum driveshaft
J&M rear tube LCAs
Eibach Rear Sway Bar
Hurst Shifter
Granatelli Shock Tower Brace
Hawk Brake Pads
KYB Shocks & Struts
255/50/17 Kumho Ecsta ASX's on 17 x 7.5 wheels (Street)
265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sports on 18 x 9.5 wheels (Road Course)
235/60/16 Dunlop Wintersports on 16 x 7 wheels (Winter)
26 x 11.5 x 16 ET Streets on 16 x 8 wheels (Drag)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down