WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got Me some LT's

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Got Me some LT's - Page 2 Empty Re: Got Me some LT's

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:50 pm

hey pat i just remembered theres a place around indy that jet coats too, i dont remember exactly where at but i'll find out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:32 am

JStang314 wrote:hey pat i just remembered theres a place around indy that jet coats too, i dont remember exactly where at but i'll find out

Awsome Jared! Def find out where they are... i'll have em quote me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:41 am

What kind of midpipe do you plan on running with the longtubes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:42 am

2k6silvergt wrote:What kind of midpipe do you plan on running with the longtubes?

a hooker shorty o/r x.

I cant wait for this... its gonna be so freakin loud haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:50 am

MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:What kind of midpipe do you plan on running with the longtubes?

a hooker shorty o/r x.

I cant wait for this... its gonna be so freakin loud haha

Ya the offroad x definitely makes it loud. The only thing to watch for sometimes is with certain catbacks it can get real raspy, which some people like and others hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:28 am

not to sound like to much of a dumb*** but i have asked this question many of times and no one can really answer it what are the advantages and disadvantages to x pipe vs. h pipe i know the obvious reasons but i just want to know why some prefer one to the other
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:43 am

i like the H because it tends to give a deeper tone. i think the x actually gives a little more hp though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:49 pm

hey pat i found that website, i dont know much about them but here it is
http://prokoteindy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:51 pm

COLE wrote:not to sound like to much of a dumb*** but i have asked this question many of times and no one can really answer it what are the advantages and disadvantages to x pipe vs. h pipe i know the obvious reasons but i just want to know why some prefer one to the other

X pipe is usually louder and can give a little more hp but can end up being raspy. From the graphs I have seen the hp difference has only been 3-5rwhp, so nothing serious. The h pipe gives it a deeper sound. Really most just choose them for sound. Like I think the mags sound good with an x pipe and the mac with a prochamber/h pipe. But of course that is just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:54 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
COLE wrote:not to sound like to much of a dumb*** but i have asked this question many of times and no one can really answer it what are the advantages and disadvantages to x pipe vs. h pipe i know the obvious reasons but i just want to know why some prefer one to the other

X pipe is usually louder and can give a little more hp but can end up being raspy. From the graphs I have seen the hp difference has only been 3-5rwhp, so nothing serious. The h pipe gives it a deeper sound. Really most just choose them for sound. Like I think the mags sound good with an x pipe and the mac with a prochamber/h pipe. But of course that is just my opinion.
right on so pretty much it just depends on how u want ur car to sound i wasn't sure if that was it or not but thanks
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:56 pm

COLE wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:

right on so pretty much it just depends on how u want ur car to sound i wasn't sure if that was it or not but thanks

Ya pretty much. Like I said the power difference isn't really anything. Unless you were to go with a custom 3in x pipe then that could possibly give you a little more and be an incentive.

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm

right on man that makes since i would like to see a 3in X pipe that would be bad!
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:02 pm

COLE wrote:right on man that makes since i would like to see a 3in X pipe that would be bad!

I want to say either kooks or stainless works offers them or you could always have one made. But ya a 3in x pipe into a 3in catback.

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:05 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
COLE wrote:right on man that makes since i would like to see a 3in X pipe that would be bad!

I want to say either kooks or stainless works offers them or you could always have one made. But ya a 3in x pipe into a 3in catback.
mmmmhh i don't think it would quite have the same effect on a SOHC but i bet it would sound beautiful on a DOHC
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:47 pm

I HAVE A 02 GT And am looking at puttin mac long tubes on it with a catted x does anyone know where i can get those for a good price, and anyone to install the headers.
thanks clint

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:36 pm

I just wish these companies would do a buyback thing if you didnt like the sound!!! that way you can buy 5 different companies stuff (Flowmaster/ MAC/ Borla, and send back what you dont want lol
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:29 am

x will give you a small loss in low end tq but you'll gain everything stronger up top.
h will give you more low end tq but a little less hp up top.

x=raspier and higher pitched like a nascar
h=deep musclecar sound

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:09 am

Murph wrote:I just wish these companies would do a buyback thing if you didnt like the sound!!! that way you can buy 5 different companies stuff (Flowmaster/ MAC/ Borla, and send back what you dont want lol

Now that would be nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:18 am

CLINTBGT02 wrote:I HAVE A 02 GT And am looking at puttin mac long tubes on it with a catted x does anyone know where i can get those for a good price, and anyone to install the headers.
thanks clint

Try contacting this guy dantaylorent@aim.com. He advertises I believe on corral and he said he could get me mac longtubes for my cobra for $395 shipped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Hey Pat if you decide you don't have time or would rather just have someone do your headers contact this place Excessive Performance They told me and Brandon today that they would do longtubes for $250, which is crazy cheap. They also had awesome install prices for other parts too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:44 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:Hey Pat if you decide you don't have time or would rather just have someone do your headers contact this place Excessive Performance They told me and Brandon today that they would do longtubes for $250, which is crazy cheap. They also had awesome install prices for other parts too.

Damn!!!!!! thats ridiculous cheap!!!!!!!!

I might just do that! you cant beat $250 for a header install

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:41 am

Damn that is a good price I would do it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: