WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got Me some LT's

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Got Me some LT's Empty Got Me some LT's

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:48 am

Just purchased some Hooker LT's from a friend. I got them for an amazing price! They're brand new, but not ceramic coated, but thats alrigth b/c i got them so cheap.

Anyone wanna help puttin them on lol? I've never done headers and i know it'll take a long while

Back to top Go down

Got Me some LT's Empty Re: Got Me some LT's

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:05 pm

get some ceramic paint from autozone. It's engine enamal but i'm thinkin we got clear with ceramic in it. help keep down on rust and stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:28 pm

SteviGX wrote:get some ceramic paint from autozone. It's engine enamal but i'm thinkin we got clear with ceramic in it. help keep down on rust and stuff

ok tight, that'll work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:19 pm

Congrats on the purchase! I have had the experience of putting longtubes on before and it absolutely sucked. If I'm not busy when you decide to do them then I don't mind helping. You are definitely going to want to drop the k-member.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:43 pm

hey man theres a guy here in terre haute that can jet coat them for pretty cheap. i think like 150

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:47 pm

JStang314 wrote:hey man theres a guy here in terre haute that can jet coat them for pretty cheap. i think like 150

That is a good deal and would definitely be a good idea if the car is driven a lot, especially in the rain and/or snow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:43 pm

its the same guy that is powdercoating my wheels now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:55 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:Congrats on the purchase! I have had the experience of putting longtubes on before and it absolutely sucked. If I'm not busy when you decide to do them then I don't mind helping. You are definitely going to want to drop the k-member.

Yeah... i'm not too thrilled about the upcoming install haha. I've heard some horror stories. O well though.
How long do you think it'll take?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:58 pm

JStang314 wrote:hey man theres a guy here in terre haute that can jet coat them for pretty cheap. i think like 150

Is Jet Coating basicall the same as powder coating? Cuz one of my best friends has a powder coating machine.... he'll probably do em for hella cheap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:26 pm

its a totally different process... powder coating is alright but wears over time and is easy to chip/break (worked in a powder coating shop for two summers, wasnt fun but learned the ins and outs of it) dont get me wrong, powder coating is a hella good process, but doesnt have the staying power of some other processes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:35 pm

wy3134 wrote:its a totally different process... powder coating is alright but wears over time and is easy to chip/break (worked in a powder coating shop for two summers, wasnt fun but learned the ins and outs of it) dont get me wrong, powder coating is a hella good process, but doesnt have the staying power of some other processes

ok, so i should get em jet coated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:39 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:Congrats on the purchase! I have had the experience of putting longtubes on before and it absolutely sucked. If I'm not busy when you decide to do them then I don't mind helping. You are definitely going to want to drop the k-member.

Yeah... i'm not too thrilled about the upcoming install haha. I've heard some horror stories. O well though.
How long do you think it'll take?

Hard to say. It was our first time doing longtubes and we weren't really sure what we were doing plus we ran into some problems. If everything went smooth I would imagine it would take 10-12 hours working on the ground. I know people who have done them on the 3V and it has taken them 8 hours but there is also a lot more room to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:39 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
wy3134 wrote:its a totally different process... powder coating is alright but wears over time and is easy to chip/break (worked in a powder coating shop for two summers, wasnt fun but learned the ins and outs of it) dont get me wrong, powder coating is a hella good process, but doesnt have the staying power of some other processes

I would definitely get them jet coated especially if you drive your car in the rain. Otherwise they will rust a lot quicker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:40 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
MustangManiac wrote:

I would definitely get them jet coated especially if you drive your car in the rain. Otherwise they will rust a lot quicker.

ok cool. I'll look around, i'll see if my buddy knows how to jet coat.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:38 pm

congrats on the LT's bro!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:40 pm

Murph wrote:congrats on the LT's bro!

Thanks Murph!

I'm thinkin a tech day sometime w/in the next 3 weeks hahahaha.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:11 am

lol i hear ya!!! i fixed the line-lock tonight and am taking the car to the fabricators on friday!!!!! i cant wait. still need to put the accessories on, timing chain cover, water pump Smile
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:17 am

Murph wrote:lol i hear ya!!! i fixed the line-lock tonight and am taking the car to the fabricators on friday!!!!! i cant wait. still need to put the accessories on, timing chain cover, water pump Smile

Hey let me know if you need help with anything. When do you think this beast is going to be back on the roads?

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:41 am

yeah man let me know how that goes i heard on our style cars its an easier install if u loosen the motor mounts and jack the engine up a little. i don't know i have never done them that just what i was told
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:45 am

Yeah. Most people just use an engine hoist, drop the k member and then jack the car up around the motor. Hopefully if pat's goes decent i'll be getting some as soon as i'm done beefing up my rear end

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:32 am

JET HOT, FTW!!!

I wouldn't go any other way on headers.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:34 am

Murph wrote:lol i hear ya!!! i fixed the line-lock tonight and am taking the car to the fabricators on friday!!!!! i cant wait. still need to put the accessories on, timing chain cover, water pump Smile

Last night was weird. We got to bleeding the brakes and noticed a gurgling coming from the front and found that the line into the master cylinder for the fronts wasn't seating properly allowing brake fluid to ooze out. Sad
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:55 am

The line is now fixed. I tought rachel how to drive the stick (manual) and we went to oriely to buy a 3' piece of brake line. I bent it up and installed. after making sure they were tight a few times there were no more leaks!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:29 pm

hey man we got this i talked to dan and he said probably going to have to pull some late nights but we will get it put back together :*woohoo*:
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Sweet! im so pumped! (the car goes to the fabricator this friday!! Smile )
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum