WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Event: July 4th plans.....

+10
Shady
Black On Black
wingedone
MuscleStang
JabBen
Wolvee
Eturner
beezer
phrostygurl
Danstang
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Past Event: July 4th plans..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Past Event: July 4th plans.....

Post by Shady Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:02 pm

beezer wrote:
Danstang wrote:Sounds good so far, we'll see who else is in! Beezer, we'll get some plans together so we can meet you out in Marshall too.

Are you going to be in the usual spot on the far end of the strip?
yeah i think we are going to try to get the same lot we are always in...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Past Event: July 4th plans..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Past Event: July 4th plans.....

Post by Danstang Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:56 pm

beezer wrote:
Danstang wrote:Sounds good so far, we'll see who else is in! Beezer, we'll get some plans together so we can meet you out in Marshall too.

Are you going to be in the usual spot on the far end of the strip?
We'll try again, last year we missed out on that spot. But we did find a spot to park behind the post office, it made for a good spot to leave from when cruising (nobody would park there while we cruised, then we'd could come and go as we pleased). We set up the lawn chairs out front of the post office and enjoyed the classics rolling by.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:19 am

Clarification needed.

Per this site: http://www.marshallmi.org/events.taf?_function=detail&id=156

It appears that the cruise that you guys are talking about takes place on July 3rd (Friday). But it appears that your talking about meeting on Saturday, July 4th.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:14 pm

hmm that is a little confusing there Thomas but i believe Fridays is a planned 2 laps through town and then park after the classic car show and then saturday everyone just shows up and cruises the town all day... anyways thats what it has always been in the past...

Shady
Admin

Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:24 pm

also... Saturday i will be taking probably the last T-shirt order of the year so if you want shirts yet this year or hoodies for this fall this is your last chance... This will be pay as your order since we still have people that owe from the last order.
T-shirts are $12 and are available in just about any color
Ladies "baby doll" shirts and tank tops are $15 and are mostly only available in black, white, and pastel colors
Hoodies are $25 and are available in most colors
We also have baseballs caps for $17, Beanies for $15, and Ladies outfits (jacket and pants) for $60...
i will have the book there so you can see the styles of shirts and colors available...
Also the club covers the cost of black or white prints but any other color print will be a $5 charge (total for the order so if 3 people order a color its only $1.67 each)

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beezer Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:07 pm

wingedone wrote:Clarification needed.

Per this site: http://www.marshallmi.org/events.taf?_function=detail&id=156

It appears that the cruise that you guys are talking about takes place on July 3rd (Friday). But it appears that your talking about meeting on Saturday, July 4th.

Friday night is a controlled cruise put in by the show. Only cars registered in the show are allowed downtown to cruise. Saturday night is when the real fun is. also there is a fireworks show at the fairgrounds around 10pm. It's about a 4 block walk from downtown.

beezer
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 17
Humor : Sick and usually offensive
My Ride/Rides: : 1997 Red V6 coupe on nitrous Heavily modded (my car)
2000 Silver supercharged GT again Heavily modded (fiance's car)
Mods: : What hasn't been done to both rides?

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:50 am

Ok, I guess I am not getting my point across here.

This was posted, #1:

Next Event: July 4th plans.....
by Danstang on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 am

Ok, there are a bunch of us who cannot attend the parade this day due to family plans, work, vacations, and what not. What I need to know is if there is enough members who want to attend the parade. Please let us know who out there is interested in doing the parade. I still want to continue the Cruise the Fountain event in Marshall (big cruise and car show) later that evening regardless of the plans for the parade. Please let us know what you think! We need to know soon so we can let the parade committee know if we are in or not.

OK, it looks like we are doing the parade for sure! Here are the plans for the day:
-Between 9-9:30am meet at the road behind the Family Fare grocery store
-Parade starts at 11:00am
-After the parade, park near Main St. and get chicken dinners at Red Ribbon Hall (they are in take out style containers) and head over the park to eat and hang out for a while.
-Meet at the Meijers parking lot in Charlotte at 5:00pm and cruise together down to Marshall for the Cruise the Fountain cruise and show! We will watch the cars from the car show take a few "laps" then go out and do some cruising ourselves.
-Head to Battle Creek and watch the fireworks at 8:30-9:00pm or so.
That is NOT July 4, it is July 3. Correct?

Although the title of this thread is JULY 4th, the parade meet up and the meeting at Meijers to go "down to Marshall for the Cruise the Fountain cruise" is on JULY 3rd. Correct?
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 pm

No the parade here in eaton rapids is july 4th and then we meet up and just go cruise in marshall... July 3rd is a show and classic car cruise down there but july 4th is when all the cars just cruise around town all day and us newer cars are welcome...

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:26 pm

I may come down early that day to pay and pick up the shirts or if the wife wants to come down in the evening for fireworks or whatever we'll be down later in the afternoon.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:29 pm

EyeCandy4U wrote:No the parade here in eaton rapids is july 4th and then we meet up and just go cruise in marshall... July 3rd is a show and classic car cruise down there but july 4th is when all the cars just cruise around town all day and us newer cars are welcome...

Okey dokey.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:27 pm

You are correct Thomas. It is the "controlled" cruise on Friday night, my mistake there. There are a bunch of people cruising also on Saturday due to the fact that the car show goes on until 8:00pm at the fairgrounds (which we could even go to that if more of the action is there, tickets are only $5 that). But I know that there are still a bunch of cruisers out on Saturday.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:36 am

I have confirmed with Jess. She's out of work at 5 (Double time and a half baby) and we will head down there directly. I'll give you a call today Dan to get some locations.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Alright guys this is who i have so far... anyone else?
1. Jess
2. James
3. Glenn
4. Turner
5. Shawn
6. Myself
7. George
8. Scott
9. Mark
10. Mike
11. Bessie

Last edited by EyeCandy4U on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:17 pm

WHATS UP KIDS! looks like we will see all of you for the ride to marshall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:03 am

I'll be there at 6:30!
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by beezer Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:10 am

I am planning on being in Marshall this afternoon. If the usual lot is empty, I am going to park there and walk up to the fairgrounds to look at cars. If I can get away with roping the lot off, I am going to. Very Happy

beezer
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Hey everyone, Someone have Dan or Shady (Or anyone that knows whats going on.) call me. I'm heading down now but I have no clue where I'm going.

Thanks,
Mike

810-247-0968
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:31 pm

don't worry guys Mike got ahold of me...

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:52 am

Fun night.......minus the police harassing us! MJ, my nephew and I were having a good time cruising the town, until the Calhoun County Sheriff deputy decided to pull me over for revving the engine (or as he put it, "excessive noise"). He let me off with a warning (I'm sure he could hear EVERYONE making noise as I was pulled over). Finally got together with everyone and we all started cruising as we always have in Marshall on this weekend, when suddenly the SAME deputy pulled us over again for obstructing traffic (popping one of our members with a ticket for it!). How disappointing! I always loved cruising in Marshall on the July 4th weekend, until now. What a buzz kill to a good time. Cruising is now considered "obstructing traffic" I guess. Looks like we may have different July 4th plans next year. Lots of cool cars there though, hope to have pics up soon. Thanks to all who made it out!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:24 am

Definitely a great time! minus two things, lol. Cops and D & S knows the other irritation of the night, :o)

Lots of great cars.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by beezer Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Sorry we couldn't catch up with the rest of you. By the time we did, we were ready to head over to BC to see a movie before it got too late.

beezer
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:58 pm

alright guys here is a few pictures of the days events...
Past Event: July 4th plans..... - Page 2 July_410
Past Event: July 4th plans..... - Page 2 July_411
Past Event: July 4th plans..... - Page 2 July_412
Past Event: July 4th plans..... - Page 2 July_413
Past Event: July 4th plans..... - Page 2 July_414

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Wow, by the looks of those pics, we are becoming a New Edge club. LOL! goodone
Very nice group for the parade!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:46 am

Yeah looks like a New Edge club with Shady for a step-child.
Blitz
Blitz
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 361
Humor : Always
My Name: : Blitz
My Ride/Rides: : New Edge, 3.8, Silver/Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Danstang wrote:Fun night.......minus the police harassing us! MJ, my nephew and I were having a good time cruising the town, until the Calhoun County Sheriff deputy decided to pull me over for revving the engine (or as he put it, "excessive noise"). He let me off with a warning (I'm sure he could hear EVERYONE making noise as I was pulled over). Finally got together with everyone and we all started cruising as we always have in Marshall on this weekend, when suddenly the SAME deputy pulled us over again for obstructing traffic (popping one of our members with a ticket for it!). How disappointing! I always loved cruising in Marshall on the July 4th weekend, until now. What a buzz kill to a good time. Cruising is now considered "obstructing traffic" I guess. Looks like we may have different July 4th plans next year. Lots of cool cars there though, hope to have pics up soon. Thanks to all who made it out!

who got the ticket? and for what exactly? just driving your cars?
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next