WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TJ is now part of the sideline club

5 posters

Go down

TJ is now part of the sideline club Empty TJ is now part of the sideline club

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:18 am

Yep the Stroud test vehicle piloted by TJ spit up a vital part last night at the hill. Lets hope it goes well for the repair.
TJ welcome to the sideline club... Eddie and myself welcome the company
:^drunk^: :*kaboom*: cheers :*popcorn*: :*popcorn*: :*popcorn*: :_popcorn_:

Back to top Go down

TJ is now part of the sideline club Empty Re: TJ is now part of the sideline club

Post by Krutch21 Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome to the sideline club!! I would say more on the subject but it would violate the Forums policy for excessive profanity and harsh comments toward other members. lol
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

TJ is now part of the sideline club Empty Re: TJ is now part of the sideline club

Post by steves04cobra Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Sorry to hear you broke the car. That part sounds like its going to cost alittle bit of money.

Last edited by steves04cobra on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 123
My Name: : Steve
My Ride/Rides: : 2004, Cobra, moron
Mods: : K&N CAI, 2.93" pully, Dyno tunned, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M shifter, Flowmaster exuast,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:31 pm

$800 and 2 hours worth of work will get you back on the road. I say $800 if your going to upgrade to a 26 spline input which you should.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:48 pm

oxfordgt wrote:$800 and 2 hours worth of work will get you back on the road. I say $800 if your going to upgrade to a 26 spline input which you should.

Absolutley, I had planned on it and have already been putting aside the "mustang fund" for the upgrade, I knew the input shaft was one of the last weak points left on my drivetrain so I really wasn't that butt-hurt that it happened since i expected it. But yeah, new stage 3 clutch, 26 spline shaft, Throw out bearing sleeve and pilot bearing is already on their way. The last possible weak spot I have left on my drive train is the Axles. I'm not making quite enough power to be pushing it on those...yet. And besides I still Have my SVT drivetrain warranty which i've had to use before and a new axle plus install will only cost me $50 if I need it. :*woohoo*:
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:26 pm

FYI for those that are looking to upgrade thier clutch. If you look at all our vendor siteor any other Auto parts site, SPEC clutches are sold as a complete kit, I called spec and they do sell the clutch disk By themselves for 50% the cost of the clutch kit. Since my clutch is only 3 months old I'm gonn buy just the new 26 spline clutch disk and save myself around $200!!!!

Last edited by Krutch21 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Had the wrong part written)
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:33 pm

cool saving $$$$ is always a good thing. Sorry I could not make it last night i had two tests of death today. my brain is fried drunken :*owned:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Krutch21 wrote:FYI for those that are looking to upgrade thier clutch. If you look at all our vendor siteor any other Auto parts site, SPEC clutches are sold as a complete kit, I called spec and they do sell the Pressure plates By themselves for 50% the cost of the clutch kit. Since my clutch is only 3 months old I'm gonn buy just the new 26 spline pressure plate and save myself around $200!!!!

You do know that the pressure plate has no splines they are universal? You need to order a 26 spline clutch disk. You are going to hate the spec stage 3 clutch. Puc style clutches are very bad in street cars. You should get a stage 3+ it grabs like crazy and still has stock driveability. If your still using the stock T56 you should get the stage 2. You always want the clutch to go before the tranny so it has to be weaker. I am using a spec stage 1 and it is holding my 661rwhp/565rwtq.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Fixed replied post.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 pm

Krutch21 wrote:FYI for those that are looking to upgrade thier clutch. If you look at all our vendor siteor any other Auto parts site, SPEC clutches are sold as a complete kit, I called spec and they do sell the clutch disk By themselves for 50% the cost of the clutch kit. Since my clutch is only 3 months old I'm gonn buy just the new 26 spline pressure plate and save myself around $200!!!!

You didn't fix the right part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:58 pm

At least TJ got to enjoy the "WIENERS".... rofl
[img]TJ is now part of the sideline club Wiener10[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:11 pm

I swear the announcer was enjoying himself and talking about "weiners" and then "Weinies" all night lol
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by ljwhite174 Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:15 pm

let me know if you need help putting the new stuff in TJ, i am glad i was only in the sideline club for about a night.lol
ljwhite174
ljwhite174
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 501
Humor : I wonder if that honda burns white or fried rice???
My Name: : larry
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 white GT vert
Mods: : none yet

https://www.facebook.com/wildhorses.clarksvilletnchapter

Back to top Go down

Post by ljwhite174 Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Twisted Evil
ljwhite174
ljwhite174
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Sure thing man, the input shaft and all the all the new clutch components are on the way. Since I have to drop the tranny, and take apart the drive train, i'm taking apart the IRS and replacing all my bushings, then putting the 3.73's in it so if you wanna come over and get dirty your more than welcome!! I'll keep the beer cold!
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by ljwhite174 Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:07 pm

sweet cold beer, let me know when i will work it out so i can be there
ljwhite174
ljwhite174
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:08 am

Cold beer..... Hell I will be there just to "Supervise" and have some beer

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkMech Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Have fun with it. The IRS bushings can be a ***** to get out. Did mine myself in the garage at home, not immposible by anymeans, but it's a bit of a pain if you haven't done it before.
HawkMech
HawkMech
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 61
Humor : Nah really man, I'm sure it's no match for your Honda.
My Ride/Rides: : 2011 GT, 2003 Cobra, 79 Bronco, 68 F-100.
Mods: : I got some wicked ass after market 93 Octane up in this Beeyatch!

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:34 pm

All the parts are order should have them by saturday.
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 123
My Name: : Steve
My Ride/Rides: : 2004, Cobra, moron
Mods: : K&N CAI, 2.93" pully, Dyno tunned, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M shifter, Flowmaster exuast,

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:52 am

sorry to hear that yo.....
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:53 pm

have fun and good luck with the upper and lower control arm bushings if you're putting in the Maximum Motorsports Delrin bushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down